Old 07-20-2004, 08:28 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday chat 7/20

Well, it was nice to step on the scale and see it say what my signature says I weigh for a change So that's a good thing. The bad thing is I didn't sleep worth a dang last night. Not sure what the problem was. And now I'm trying to figure out how to litter train a kitten. Short of keeping it's butt in the litter pan I'm going to have to trust it'll know where to go Poor thing misses it's momma-it's mewing all the time The girls keep fighting over who gets to hold her. It's one reason I wanted TWO kittens. lol Anyone with knowledge of kittens and training let me know what I'm supposed to do!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  

Brenda: Kittens will usually train themselves. It is unusual for a kitten to not know what to do. The only issue may be that they were wild kittens and the mother wasn't house trained. I would just make sure the litter box is out in the open for a while so she knows where to find it. Put her in it once in a while too so that she knows what it is for. She will figure it out.
Two is definitely better!

Well, I got my stitches out.......... I feel good....na na na na na na na....I knew that I would....na na na na na na na. Boy if I could marry this plastic surgeon I would! You can barely see the scar. He is good! I think over time it will just be a very fine line over my eye. A little concealer and no one will know.
I have to get an appt with my primary though to document the headaches and neck pain since the "incident" The neck pain I am used to but the headache I could do without. The surgeon said I could have it for 6 months or more. Has something to do with the muscles spasms from stitching the torn muscle he said. Oh goody!

Well, hope you all have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #3  

Good Morning Everyone!

Star: Glad that you had a good time on your trip! Bet your MIL was surprised at the way you looked since the last time she saw you!

Brenda: Congrats on the scale reading!!!!! I know nothing about kittens. Never had one. I was always a "dog person". We got Rocky our black lab when he was 8 weeks old and he was very easy to house train. Took about 2 weeks, but after that he always went to the door when he had to go! He missed his mama too the first night. We had him in a carrier beside our bed and he whined all night...about 3am I finally put him in the bed with us. He snuggled up where he could hear my heartbeat and never cried again. Only thing is, he's almost 100lbs now and still thinks he can sleep between us! Good Luck with the kitten!

Jane: I am so glad you feel better. Dang...6 months of headaches...ouchhh! Maybe they won't last that long for you!

Well, just another day of work here today. Hopefully the BIL will come home from the hospital. He seems to be doing better. He had a blood clot in one of his lungs, so hopefully blood thinner and rest will have him feeling better soon! I didn't sleep very well last night either. Hard for me to get used to the DH's work schedule. Plus they ahve been having some major break-downs at work and he's didn't get home til daylight this morning. He's supposed to be off work at 3am, but I heard him come in this morning after 6! Oh well, maybe this won't last much longer! Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to work, then going grocery shopping this afternoon. I'll check in when I get home!!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Good morning!

Brenda - Good luck with the kitten! We had a feral kitten for a while, but he was just too much for me and I had to trade him in for a more domestic one. BUT he did always know how to use the litter box. I'm thinking of training my cat to use the toilet... I'm told it's not terribly difficult to do.

Jane - Glad you healed up so well!

Mrs H - Actually, MIL didn't say a word about how I looked. It was a strange trip. I hope your BIL recovers well!

I'm just working again. I'm very happy about my 4 week extension where I'm at. That not only gives me more time to find a job, but it also increases my chances of getting hired here. Yeah!

Everyone have a great day!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:15 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Brenda CONGRATS w/that blasted scale, you deserve it sweet lady.
Janey, glad your scar isn't noticable. Do you get headache's every day ??? be careful.
Lisa, praying for your BIL. Gee thats rough.
Star, the reason your MIL didn't say anything is because she is JEALOUS!!!! period! I just find that rude when some one drops another person in weight and nobody acknowledges it. I remember those days. I lost 150 lbs and people wouldn't say anything (except close good friends). So you know PHOOIE on them. Just know that we think you look beautiful and what a wonderful job you have done.

I'm home today with DD, she had 104 fever last night, this morning she's down to 101 but I don't want to ship her off to my Mom's, I want her to stay at home and rest.

DH bought me an early present for my birthday and came home w/it last night..... a tredmill !!! Shoot Brenda now I have NO!! excuses... LOLOL. I am so excited.

Other than that, things are going well, can't complain.

Enjoy your day... SMOOCHIES !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:20 AM   #6  

hey Leenie: Gee I wish my DH would let me buy a treadmill. Not that we have the place to put it but.....he says it will just end up as a clothes rack!
As you say.......PHOOIE on him.

What are we two going to do for our birthday? Too bad we are too far from each other. I know I am going out to dinner with DH and friends. It seems like the last couple of years this couple has gone to dinner with us for my birthday. Never planned this on happening but it seems now like they expect it. Kind of funny......don't mind too much and they wouldn't mind if we just made it him and me...... Something to do I guess........
Old 07-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #7  

Star - She didn't say ANYTHING about your weight loss!?!! No congratulations, no you look great, no NOTHING? That sounds very odd.

Here, I'll say it for her - You look FABULOUS!

You are truly an inspiration for all of us on the board!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:32 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Thanks Love and Leenie

Really, I don't care if she said anything or not. Sometimes the attention makes me uncomfortable. Besides, she was strange with me the whole time. First she thinks I'm too demanding of her son (how dare I expect him to buy a house with me and quit smoking before I'll have babies with him!). Second, I can make her stoic husband laugh out loud and she can't. So there are issues. Whatever - I'm not going to waste my time worrying about things I can't change
Old 07-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Love: I completely agree with what you said----Star DOES look fabulous and IS an inspiration!

Jane: How do they know you're going out for your BD? Do they ask if they can go with or automatically think they're included?? Congrats on getting the stitches out--but sorry you keep getting headaches. Did they prescribe anything besides tylenol for them??

Leenie: You poor woman! Well, better you than me on that treadmill (why ya think I sold mine?? ) . Hope you enjoy it!

Star: Congrats on the extension for your job. Hopefully you get hired

Lisa: Sorry to hear about your DH's rough job. And hope BIL is getting better. We tied a couple bells (small "cow bells") to the door when training our lab. Now she rings the bell when she's gotta go. The cat did it's duty in the litter box so hopefully that means no surprises elsewhere

Well, we'll be the proud owner of another kitten as soon as they come out from under the porch and we catch them. This one is a boy (unless I'm mistaken again) so we're naming him Snafu. The next kitten will be called Curious (not sure if it's a boy or girl). The bosses daughter claimed the 2nd one to be caught---female. So there's 2 left. One for the other bosses daughter and another one for us. The mom is going to the vets (they don't euthanise them unless they've got a disease). We've got nobody to claim her which is sad. DH will allow me to have kittens but not the momma. Good thing cuz we're thinking she's PG again It's too hot to be doing dirt today so I'm hoping to talk DH into putting the AC in. We're going to need it!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:07 PM   #10  

Star: Even though you are ok with her not saying anything....I'm sorry she didn't. I think we all need a little compliment once in a while.

Brenda: See I told you the kittie would figure it out. They are the cleanest animals and when they aren't then something is wrong. As Star mentioned a feral cat is different than others so be patient. It may take a lot of love.

As for my headaches....the surgeon yesterday told me I could have them for at least 6 months. It is due to the muscle spasms that happen with stitches and of course the knock on the head. I am going to my primary today to just check in so that it is on paper in case workers comp gives me grief. I have been taking Aleve and it doesn't even crack the surface. This doc is not one to prescribe drugs so it will hard to get anything out of her I will give it my best shot!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

Jane: Hopefully you get something to help with the pain. I've been to a few docs that don't like to prescribe stuff even when it IS needed. I would think headaches would require SOME type of meds!!
Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #12  

Star - you are definitely well grounded. And, you look FABULOUS!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey there everyone!

Brenda - poor kitty mewing! The worst part about getting a new puppy for us was always the crying that he did the first few nights - always broke my heart.

Jane - yay for little scars, but a possible 6 months of headaches? Ouch!

Lisa - hope your BIL is okay and that the work schedules become better. Those crazy hours and odd shifts must wreck havoc on circadian rhythms.

Star - congrats on the 4 week extension! They love you! Any leads on new jobs, though?

Leenie - hope DD's fever is okay. And a treadmill - how awesome! I'd love my own!

Love!

I was working in the computer lab this morning, which I know is a mistake because there's this one semi-friend of mine who always comes over and talks and has a really hard time taking the hint that I'm busy, I'm working, leave me alone ********! Finally I got rid of him, but I had to be explicit and basically tell him to let me get back to work. It's annoying though because it happens every time I go to the computer lab, so I end up often avoiding the computer lab until off-hours to ensure that no one will be there to talk to me. As you can tell, I'm an extremely social person!

I got travel information for the Scottish Highlands today - I've been waiting for this package. I think I'm going to give-in in a few minutes and take a break and flip through the magazine. It's calling to me. I should've hidden it, I'll never get work done this way.

Later,
Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:03 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Julie! Glad to see you around! Your computer lab 'buddy' sounds annoying! I'm not terribly social at work, so I can sympathize with you. As for jobs for me, I'm applying for things as I find them, but I haven't heard anything yet. *sigh* I hate job hunting!