Old 06-03-2004, 01:05 PM   #16  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning everyone

Brenda, glad those 6 lbs are gone and you can now focus on the rest.

Jane, isn't it funny what we makes us happy during weight loss, congratulations on those forearms.

Lisa: Twins would be fun! My dil loved being prego absolutley loved it. I hated it absolutely hated it. Love the kids though.

Rhonda good job on the can. Hope you shot it before the five beers Sounds like you had fun but today is back on program.

Karen, I cannot believe how long this bug hangs on. My granddaughter (3 yo) has pneumonia in one lung. I choose colors most of time but french is really popular.

Theo, sore throat Hope you kick it soon. Exercise will help I am sure.

Star, have you had the full pot of yet? You are too pretty to be dealing with puffy eyes. You guys were discussing beer the other day though and I like the Aspen lc which is made by Coors. Really tasty more like a Pilsner than a light beer.

Atkins has been controlling the fibro pain really well for the past few days but this morning is ouch day. I will have to keep better track of what I ate to see if that is it or stress. I had a blow up at work last night cuz they were serving the wrong sauce with our garlic bread, and had been doing so since the day before, the newest waitress at our restaurant has been there four years and the sauce has always been the same. How can they not see the difference? So at any rate, stress could be the cause. Oh yeah, I forgot head up the a** syndrome which strikes regularly if dh and I are not around and we dared to take Tues. evening and yesterday a.m. off.

Had my so off to work I go.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:38 PM   #17  
Movin' and Losin'

OK. Silly question. I "have" to go to Starbucks again tonight. What is a good Atkins choice? Is it Americano-something?? Do I have to order it special or does it already come low-carb?
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #18  
Head Princess

www.starbucks.com , baby! Check out the nutritional info
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:39 PM   #19  
Baby Steps

I've got to flip this off quick. Sorry no personals (again).

WATP is short for Walking Away The Pounds. It comes in a set (at least mine is) of 1, 2 & 3 mile tapes. They also come with "walkaway balls. Which are plastic weighted balls. It sounds boring but it's not. And it's a MAJOR workout. I thought I'd be stuck on the 1 mile forever. I forced myself into the 2 mile and then again the 3. I'm wondering if they've made a 4 or 5 mile one. THAT would be interesting. No way could I do that.
Well, it's off to look through a couple more threads while I eat my lunch and then it's outside to mow lawn.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 01:50 PM   #20  
Movin' and Losin'

Thanks, Star! I found Caffe Americano, with 2 carbs. I guess I still have a silly question: Has anybody had this? How does it come if you order it as is? Any special requests for it? I noticed that they had the SF syrups. Do you order these special? Sorry. I'm really ignorant when it comes to ordering coffee! Thanks for the help!
Old 06-03-2004, 03:52 PM   #21  

Hey chicks!

I just had Quizno's for lunch and it was sooo good. I checked their website before I went to see their low carb options. Anyway, I had the BLT w/mayo instead of ranch, and it was soooo good. They say it only has 6.4gms of carbs, but it was so good I felt like I was cheating.

Anyone know if there's sugar alcohols in the bread by any chance? On the website it did say something about sugar alcohols as they were subtracted from the total to get net carbs, but I thought maybe it was in some of the dressings - they didn't break that part out. Anyone know about the bread? Anyone have a stall from a Quizno's low-carb sandwich?

Just checking it out! I was down a pound this a.m. and I want to keep it that way.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #22  
Head Princess

Those flatbread sandwiches are DIVINE! I love the chicken carbonara.

No, there's no sugar alcohols in the bread. There are sugar alcohols in some of the sauces.

You're just fine!

Jina - I have no idea about the americano. Sorry. When I go to Starbucks, I'm bad and get a double tall sugar free vanilla breve. 15 grams I know someone around here has gotten the americano's, though. I'm sure you'll get your answer.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:18 PM   #23  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggmartin
OK. Silly question. I "have" to go to Starbucks again tonight. What is a good Atkins choice? Is it Americano-something?? Do I have to order it special or does it already come low-carb?

OHHHHH.. Get the grande Americano with Sugar Free Hazelnut syrup! Man it is sooooo good! Iced is even better!! I get it with No room for creme... The DF Vanilla is good too! 3 carbs!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:22 PM   #24  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Ok.. now that I have the starbucks out of my system.. I am checking in!!

I decided to go with the french... I love them! They are a little longer than I would like, but for the first time in 8+ years.. that is OK! I'll cut them a little shorter next time.

OK.. I need to get some work done.. but I wanted to say HI!!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:25 PM   #25  
Movin' and Losin'

Karen: Thank you for the Starbucks help! If you want cream (heavy not whipped), do you put in yourself or do you have to ask for it? Sorry to pester you guys with all the questions, but I'm intimidated by Starbucks! Too many choices, and too many intelligent coffee types!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #26  
Head Princess

Thanks alot you guys! Now I'm dying for a breve.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #27  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoggmartin
Karen: Thank you for the Starbucks help! If you want cream (heavy not whipped), do you put in yourself or do you have to ask for it? Sorry to pester you guys with all the questions, but I'm intimidated by Starbucks! Too many choices, and too many intelligent coffee types!

Starbucks doesnt use heavy cream at all. Half and half is all they use (skim too..) so I go with out. the SF syrup is enough for me!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:52 PM   #28  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Thanks alot you guys! Now I'm dying for a breve.

LOL Star! Sorry!
Old 06-03-2004, 04:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi all, just popping in, sorry no personals, I did read it all though...

Wow, Starbucks totally intimidates me too. I don't drink coffee and the whole concept of the shop devoted to coffee baffles my mind!! Before Atkins, my whole plan was to go in and have a hot chocolate. Maybe a vanilla one. That's as wild as she gets over here.

I'm so weirdly excited right now because I just got some text messages on my phone from a friend in Dublin, Ireland! I know we email and everything, but it's so much more fun to get a sudden text message! Before none of my int'l friends could send me a text message, but somehow my friend in Dublin has figured out a way to send it to me, and I could send one back. Strange that it never worked before. Oh but now my urge to be over there with all of them is soooo strong. Okay. I will go in (hopefully) 5 months. This is definitely going to be my motivator for staying on plan.

But I'm so excited. <spoiled child tantrum> I wanna go now!! </spoiled child tantrum> Stupid thesis.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 04:59 PM   #30  

Good night all....have to run.

Sorry if I didn't get personal with some of the afternoon people today. I have been so busy this afternoon at work. Now I need to finish up this last call then SPLIT!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote