Old 06-13-2004, 03:04 AM   #1  

Default Wow! What The Heck Was I Thinking?

Well today was my "ultimate cardio day"
I thought i was going on a nice leasurly hike through the moutains, nothing too hard. So I came "prepared" wearing shorts, a hoodie, with a few protien bars and some tuna ( water bottle of course ).

My friends all came decked out in full winter aparel, and backpacks. Thought they were crazy...

So we get there, ( already maybe 1000feet above sealevel not exactly sure ) I live AT sealevel. We start out our hike in the pouring rain, and the first part of the trail is basically 45 degrees up hill, I'm thinking wow this is a challenege for just the start, 3 hours and 6 miles later, me COMPLETLY exhausted, we reach "the top" we start our next trek through the glacier to the lake ( me in my shorts freezing ). We are walking through snow uphill through creeks this was not all it was cracked up to be lol!
So we finally get there and it is very beautiful I have to say, I am very light headed by the time we get there, and don't know what's going on... my friend tells my i am going blue and i am shaking. I really was out of it. When she told me this I got out of the hut ( there was no heat/warmth just basically a shelter from the wind/rain), and started to run in the snow as fast as I could I was so sure I was going to die, everything I could see was completly blurry. The part where I was running on had no trail either since there was so much snow. I was very scared.. but I kept running anyways. I finally got out of the snow, and was basically out of breath I figured I had warmed up from the run. So I walked... to the park entrance ( the top of the hill hike ) and there was a bench i sat down and fell asleep for about an hour till my friends finally caught up. The way down was very frustrating because I was so cold/tired/etc.. I was also walking on my own the rest of the way because I was going slower.. then I started to run again for about a kilometer ( .6miles ) till I caught up to my friends.. by the time I got down there I was so out of it, it really was fun though lol. It's a good story too...

Some of the things I saw on the way:

Not our group, just something I found on the net but this is where we were hiking along the lake.

We took loads of pictures, there was a mist/fog covering the whole valley when we got up there, it really was beautiful. I will post them when they come......
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:30 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Geeeze louise Frodo, I gotta hand you credit. Glad your okay.

Guess you got your cardio in for that day huh lol. Live and learn is what I always say.

Rest today huh.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #3  

yes enough cardio for the next year... I am so weak today/muscles kill
but it was fun
frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:32 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

Glad you're ok. And glad you had fun
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  
Head Princess

Glad you made it! What a pretty place! But shorts???? Silly man!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:38 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Glad you are OK, frodo! What a day! I'm anxiously awaiting the pictures.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote