Old 05-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #16  
Total Sass Bucket

splenda has an aftertaste?
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:08 AM   #17  

So.......Jina is casing singles joints, TG has just discovered the joys of being an adult child, Morti is going to be a grandmother and Rachel is bathing in low carb ice cream!

TG: My Mom drives me nuts sometimes. She is 78 now. She called me the other day to tell me that she left her car running the other day....for 4 hours! Then she tells me that later that night she left the water running in her kitchen sink all night and flooded her kitchen. She thinks she is getting Alzheimers....I think she is just ditsy! But I love every ditsy bit of her.....and miss my Dad terribly.

Jina: Have fun at the singles clubs! If the woman are not nice then it must be because you looked too hot and they were jeleous. Go get em!

Morti: How nice to be a grandmother. My husband is a grandfather to 3 but I don't really consider myself a grandmother....just grampa's wife

Rachel: Did you hear what Jina said about the Red Sox?
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:24 AM   #18  

Okay, I'm slow today. Should read other threads first I guess! Congrats on baby!

Rachel - I want some!

Jane - Ya know, kinda funny thing is, Danny tells me "I'm is not living with no grandma!" Been a running joke for years. I tell him it's just that he's such a puppy (any one younger than me is a puppy) Asked him if I should pack his suitcase now or if I had 7 months to find a new guy. He's joking of course!
I must admit, 40 and a grandma has taken some getting use to.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #19  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Jane, you see there's the problem right there, you WEAR underware

Morti, my dd is 2 1/2 going on 25 thanks for asking.

@ Ewe
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 11:46 AM   #20  

Good Morning All! You've been very chatty chicks already this a.m. You're crack'n me up!

Jane: The thong thing, too funny! I've tried the thong wearing and I think if I had to choose, I'd just go without.

Jina: I know I'm in Oregon, but I LOVE the Red Sox!

Brenda: Congrats on the pd

T.G.: My grandma has regressed to where she acts like a child. A bratty child. My Mom finally got her to take some Prozac and she's MUCH better. My BF has a Masters in Psych and he's said that when people get old, their behavior does start to regress and they quite often have issues with depression, which comes out in bratty, crabby, passive-aggressive ways. And, many older people think Prozac is for crazy people so they refuse to take it. Anyway, enough of the psych lesson.

Leenie: Fischer price baby monitors are great! I don't really need it anymore, but I won't throw it out because it's been so good. And, ya never know...

Rachel: I may need a little LC ice cream too. I just made LC vanilla pudding that's pretty good. I used a container of whipping cream, 1 package of cream cheese, and 1 package of sugar free vanilla pudding mix. Hard to stop at one scoop though!

Morti: Congrats on the Grandma status! Babies are sooo fun! My sister just had a baby at the end of March. So sweet.

Shimma: Goodmorning! You've been very busy lately!

Well, I'm off for a very busy day. My main objective today is to unbury my desk. Sorta overwhelming around here lately. Have a nice day everyone!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:08 PM   #21  
Somethin's gotta give

Brenda~ excercise.....hmmm, Im gonna have to check out that concept!

Jane~ LOL! at least it was YOUR underwear...I remember this one time..........never mind.
(ps- how was it on wrong...was it on your head?...if not, I say ya did fine)

Leenie~ With my last baby, I bought the kind that has the microphone and the tv screen? after awhile she figured it out and it was hee-lar-ious...she would pick up the mic and look right into the camera and just babble away.....she knew we could see her...we finally taped some of them as her own personal comedy hour

MrsH- our mommy to be....good thoughts your way today

TG....*raising hand and waving wildly* I'll see your your parents and raise you my OTHER set of parents.....

Rhonda~ZZZzzzZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzz.........

Jina~ Without dating them????? well, what fun is that? Jump in! with both feet!

Morti~ Send that niece my way???....pleeeeezzzeee!

Rachel~ the regular coffee does taste better but the caffeine messes with my stomach....one cup strong is my limit....

Well, I blew it last night...the DH to be asked me to make him a cake so I rummaged through the cupboard and found a butter white....I forgot how good cake batter tastes....but uh...I remembered pretty quick....urgh............topped that off with a spoon of choclate frosting so I figured I was pretty much down for the count after that....BUT...boy was it ALMOST worth it...almost........ and next week Ive got cake TASTING! 15 different cakes to try....help!!!!
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Shimma, yes if I put Splenda, as much as the recipe suggests I get this off taste, I don’t know how to explain it, LOL, that I have to go brush my teeth right away. So I try to use as little as I can get by.

Jane, yes I just saw Jina’s comment. You know, I can’t help but not love Sox. I certainly love them on the field. They sometimes make me irritated when they give interviews. Sometimes they just irk me with their comments. I want them to win one of these days. But I certainly am enjoying Pats in the past three years. Boy is Tom Brady a hottie or what! LOL! And about ice cream, YES, girl has to have her rich dessert every night. It is good for her complication, LOL!

Jina, enjoy the game tonight. And Jane, Kerri and I will cheer Sox from our living room. So there! LOL!

Kerri, I am going to try the vanilla pudding tomorrow night. Thank you for posting.

Morti, it took me five minutes to make the ice cream, and then I waited only an hour for it to freeze, I don’t like ice cream too hard. If the one I am making tonight came out as good as it looks in the picture, I will post the recipe tomorrow.

Marie, I think I just decided to go with regular coffee too. If I remember correctly it needed 1 tablespoon for four serving. So it should not be too bad.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:10 PM   #23  
Movin' and Losin'

Uh-oh! Didn't realize the masses of Red Sox fans on the site! I'll watch my mouth from now on.

Even though I despise the Red Sox (Oops! There I go again...), I don't mind the Patriots. And you're right, Rachel, Tom Brady is a total hottie. In fact, he's the reason I'll watch a Pats game. Yum!!

Morti: Congrats on becoming a grandma soon!

LOVE: Hope you get your desk unburied.

Marie: DHs can cause all kinds of trouble -- like wanting something to eat that isn't OP, and then we're forced to eat it along with them! Oh well. I think it was you who had the masterful saying of something to the like of: "You can't live without them, and you can't shoot them in crotch."??? (Did I get anywhere close on that one??) It was a beauty, I remember that!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:11 PM   #24  
Head Princess

Darlings!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh if you could only see the -eating grin on my face today!

Marie was soooooooo right about karma. Here's what happened last night.

So around 4:00 yesterday, I get a phone call from Casey (friend that I had that whole escapade with about a month ago). She and her husband Tim (one I've been accused of messing around with) are at the bar with some other friends and want me to come hang out. I tell them that I'm at work until 5 but that I'll be down after that. I was so nervous! After the last few days of drama, I wasn't sure what to expect.

I get down there and everything's just peachy. We're talking and joking around and just having a good time when Casey decides that she wants to see our friend, Emily. They haven't seen each other in weeks, so Casey calls her and tells her to get her fanny down pronto.

When Emily get's down there, Casey starts telling her about all the drama that's been going on along with who is behind it and why. Emily turns to me with a funny look on her face and goes 'SHE said that about YOU? She's got some nerve'. We all agree and Emily says 'No, you don't understand. She was kissing my ex-boyfriend this weekend.' WHAT????? We all just looked at each other and then Casey states something to the effect of 'Oh really, wouldn't her boyfriend just loooooooooove to hear that!'

So now the witch that was trying to get me in trouble because she's jealous will be very VERY nice to me because she's going to be told by Casey and others that if she doesn't stay in line and behave like a good girl, her horrid boyfriend is going to know what she's been doing.

Nothing like the truth!!!

Then to top it all off, when my DH shows up, Casey decides she's come upon the perfect plan to stop the rumors once and for all. She kisses me (when I say kiss here I mean closed mouth peck), she kisses my DH, and then has me kiss Tim. Then she yelled to the whole bar 'There! Let's see you talk about that!'

So all is well, if not continually stranger than fiction.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:41 PM   #25  
Somethin's gotta give

HeHeHe......what comes around...goes around. The great universal truth.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 01:45 PM   #26  
Head Princess

Yup! I just never expected it so soon or so perfect.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

What a funny day...Jane, you slay me, you really do.

And I'm sensing a bit of tension between the Sox & the non-Sox fans! Luckily, I do not follow baseball (although I do like playing it). Once, during a misguided period of my life, I was a Jays fan. I'm only paying attention to hockey up here. Although maybe I should go to another Expos game, since I pay practically nothing to get in as a student...they try to get people to come in any way they can. Honestly, it is hard for them to fill up a baseball stadium up here. Especially now that for young kids, soccer seems to be becoming increasingly popular.

Star, the drama that is your life!

Nothing too exciting here. I am now deciding which gym to go work out at today. I have 3 possibilities since I have the university gym, plus two ymca's in well-placed locations. Sometimes choice is a bad thing, because you just end up deciding nothing!

One question I had, has anyone ever tried or spoken to anyone that's tried hypnotists as a way of helping them lose weight? When I was at home, I know my Mom mentioned a couple of people that seemed to think it really helped them (they did three 'sessions')...just wondering if any of you knew much about it?
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:53 PM   #28  

Lekker: I know two people who have tried that. One was a woman I used to work with and she had good luck with it. She lost quite a bit of weight. However she didn't keep that up and put the weight back on. Another person is a girl I now work with. She had it done just about a month ago. She says it is working but I don't see any difference in her weight and with the stuff she keeps buying from the vending machine I don't think it worked very well.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:15 PM   #29  
Baby Steps

Hi all!!! I'm dragging tail today. At least the underwear is on the right way I've not worn a thong so no clue how one even works them. They always look too complicated. DH would LOVE me to wear them though. I was hoping he'd hurry up and go to bed so I could use the tv and exercise before I lost the gumption to do so. If I have to wait to much longer I'll have to give up the idea cuz I'll have to start supper and I hate to exercise w/food in my belly.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 03:21 PM   #30  

This is the best place for it! Such fun, and I even read an atricle over the weekend that said it was a female urge we should give into. Gotta love that
morti is offline   Reply With Quote