Old 04-12-2004, 09:57 PM   #1  

Question Hi a newbie here

Hi everybody, ive been reading dr atkins book and it is pretty clear. I really want to try this but im a little nervous. im also a big time cereal addict and i know thats gonnna be very hard to stop eating . Im also worried of giving up and bingeing afterwards, anyways im excited of being here hopefully i can do it starting tommorrow morning. any eggless breakfast suggestions? Also another question does anybody know is any of dr atkins bake mixes are appropriate for induction? Well thanks for reading and good luck to everybody.
greenbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 PM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Great to meet you GB!!! Take a peek at the weekly food log it is full of good meal ideas!! JUst jump in and ask questions where you need to. I am not sure about the bake mixes. I was a former cereal addict, but I happily have not had cereal since October!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #3  

Thanks Theo's girl thats exactly what i was doing, i really need to go to the grocery store tonight. Thanks for replying.
greenbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 11:53 PM   #4  

Welcome to the board Green! Glad you are with us. Jump in on the dailys and chat with us

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:29 AM   #5  
Goal by Aussie Summer!

Hey Green! I'm pretty green myself when it comes to Atkins!
RavenL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 07:15 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Green! Great to have you with us. As far as eggless breakfast, there are a ton of things you can eat, but you have to pull your mind out of the typical breakfast mode. There is nothing wrong with having a salad, left overs from night before, steak or whatever meat you choose, cheese, veggies etc.. Also take a peek at the low carb recipes thread, lots of great ideas there.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 08:29 AM   #7  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Welcome aboard Green! It's great to have you here. I agree with everyone else....look at the food log for some great ideas. Trazzie makes a good point -- you have to stop thinking of traditional breakfast foods, although I've been known to grab a quick link on the way out the door!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:15 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Aboard Greenbutterfly, and congrats on choosing Atkins. The only thing I really eat for breakfast is turkey sausage or turkey bacon (louis rich brand), I love that stuff. When I'm really hungry I'll throw in a hard boiled egg. Some times I'll eat left over chicken or steak and dip it cold into ranch/bluecheese or cesars dressing

Good Luck !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:20 AM   #9  
Head Princess

Welcome!

Stay away from the bake mixes for a while. It's good to break the dependence on carby foods. Thus, staying away from substitues (like sugar free candy and low carb bread) for a while will help you be more successful as you re-learn how to eat.

I'm not a fan of eggs so my breakfasts consist of things like cheese, sausage, bacon. Today's food of choice is slices of orange bell pepper with cottage cheese (but I don't think cottage cheese is induction appropriate)

Like Trazzie said, it's great to be non-traditional! Break the breakfast mold! I've also found that for me, getting out of the concept of meals is generally a good thing. Just eat a little something every couple of hours. I take "meals" and just split them up over time. So I'll have some meat at noon and then a veggie at 2 or 3 and then something else at 6. It works well
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Hi Just thought I'd add my welcome seeing how everyone gave the only advice I had.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:32 AM   #11  
on my way down again

Welcome Greenbutterfly!

Bingeing... the Atkins' book says to keep it to your safe foods. Keep plenty on hand, like a plate of ribs, whatever you like ...and if it's going to be a worse binge, stick to the entire Atkins' food list even if it's over the carb limit. At least this way, it's not so hard to get your body back to where it was before the binge.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:47 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, Green! Just wanted to say "Welcome!" Lunch meats and cheese are good breakfast ideas, and once you get past induction, nuts are great! Hope to see you around!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote