Old 04-13-2004, 11:53 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Disaster of the Easter Kind

*confession started*

Ok. I've got to admit. I fell of the Low carb wagon in a BIG way this past weekend. It all started with french fries (which tasted like crap) and flour coated chicken strips (again, I could have done w/out). That was Saturday. Oh, did I mention the buns? Two of them (and they were icky). So then Easter Sunday rolls around---and I go to lunch at the in-laws. The chicken was on program--but the jelly beans, chocolate (surprisingly I didn't eat much of that), mashed potatoes, corn and MORE jelly beans weren't. So of course between Saturday and Sunday my face felt like it was blowing up and I felt like this huge porker. According to the scale I haven't gained a pound--but man did I feel bloated and fat!! So it was back on track (even though there's still jelly beans and other carb stuff here) for me. Why did I just KNOW I wasn't going to be able to resist the jelly beans and stuff?? I'm hoping to manage strict induction (and exercise) to get everything back on track.
*confession ended--thanks*
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 11:58 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh Brenda, your in good company. This is what I had:

Sunday: Chocolate eggs, chicken cordon blu, mashed taters & gravy, chocolate cake, cheese cake, and brownies, potato chips & dip and more of everything later on.

Monday: Chocolate eggs, big mac and fries, snickers bar, a cinnabon (a big one), hotdog and fries w/chili, more chocolate before bed.

Now when I say chocolate, I mean LOTS OF IT!!! like prob a lb each day if not more.

Today is a new day and we will do good !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

I don't get it--I'm a confirmed chocoholic and all I really ate was jelly beans I'm back to having bad breath so I'm hoping that means the high carb and then jump to low carb is making the metabolism kick in again
Old 04-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Since we're confessing, here's my weekend from ****:

Friday night: Papa Murphy's reduced carb pizza (14 grams per slice and 1 had 2!)

Saturday: Quarter Pounder w/cheese and french fries

Sunday: Honey-baked ham, sweet potatoes cooked in butter and brown sugar and topped with marshmellows (only 2 spoonfuls), angel food cake topped with strawberries and whipped cream. 2 miller lights.

Oy!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

That poor chocolate bunny had my name on it - and he's gone now - god rest his soul (well actually I did not eat all of him - dh packed up the feet and tried to get me to take it to work w/me today - ARE YOU KIDDING!!! - like I need chocolate lying around!).

So my day started off okay (and I even resisted popcorn at the movies on sat nite) with a low carb omelette.

Then went shopping for groceries as kiddies were complaining and we were out of lots of stuff! So when ds opened the bag of chips there went my hand in there - more than once - and sometimes w/onion dip as well!

Then found some PEP (those peppermint patties - but the BIG KIND) and had one of those as well. Needless to say I was not hungry at dinnertime - and we were going out to Red Lobster for mil's birthday dinner. Had salad (no croutons), jumbo broiled garlic shrimp w/brocolli (so far so good)...then got home and ate half of that chocolate bunny dh got me (it was on sale of course after Easter).

So trying to get back on track today!

Froufy
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #6  
Head Princess

Oh I forgot the popcorn! I had that on Sunday night, too.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  
Baby Steps

OH!!! I've been bagging up the jelly beans and chocolate in "our" basket and sending it w/DH to work every day. At the rate I'm going HE'LL gain 2 pounds AND the candy will be gone by the weekend
Old 04-13-2004, 12:27 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I did good at passing up red velvet cake though. Do I get points for that?
Old 04-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Yup! That's worth 75 points
Old 04-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

I DID get the recipe though. LOL. DH wanted it. So it'll have to be made on a day that I'm not around. OH!! My mom made a pumkin bar (low carb) on Saturday. It was delicious. Too bad we ruined the good intentions with all the other high carb foods. lol
Old 04-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #11  
Total Sass Bucket

My worst mistake was wanting to treat my BF to something special cause he had a crappy week. I made peanut butter cookies.... and ate them right along with him. I also bought him those mini robin eggs, the malted milk things. Now, I love malt and I mean LOVE malt. Think I could resist those??? NO. At least the 2 of us did NOT finish the cookies or the bag of robin eggs.

I had mashed potatoes friday night, 2 homemade rolls saturday night along with more freaking mashed potatoes and then Sunday... FORGET IT. I had STUFFING, rolls, crackers, ice cream, mashed potatoes and gravy, and then.... CHEESECAKE (apparently the entire cheesecake was sugar free but it did have a graham cracker crust.... but I dunno why I bother trying to make it look better after what I did the entire flipping weekend.)_
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

I wasn't the only one...

Thursday and Friday: Boston cream pie cake

Saturday: My wonderful early birthday dinner that consisted of gourmet Sonic food -- grilled cheese, tater tots with cheese, cherry limeade and a coconut cream pie shake. To top of that fabulous meal, I had to eat Peeps. I love those things.

Sunday: Back on track!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 03:07 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Baaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!

You know I feel like we all just had a slumber party..........Giggles................sorry, I really am.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:08 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

actually I feel releaved that I got it off my chest......... ( o )( o )
Old 04-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Leenie, are you hitting on me???