Old 03-23-2004, 06:30 PM   #1  
heyboygetasweaterrightnow

Default oh no! (99 blackberries)

so the other night i had some 99 blackberries schnapps, thinking since the alcohol content was so high that it would be low carb like vodka, etc. but i just read some stuff on line and it clicked that 99 berries is sweet, so now i'm pretty sure i messed up big time. i'm going to stick with liquor and diet soda from now on when i want to drink. i did find some sugar free low carb margarita mix i'd like to try sometime (baja bobs).
modestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Baja bobs is yummy! Just be aware that it's Low Carb - not no carb. Also, no Triple Sec! So now when I want a margarita, it's tequila, diet 7up or diet sprite, and baja bobs. Works just fine
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #3  

thank you sooo much! the idea of no more yummy drinks was upsetting me haha
Old 03-23-2004, 06:52 PM   #4  
Head Princess

Ohhhhhhhhhh I'm bad to talk to about that! Alcohol is the thing that I struggle with the most (like chocolate for some people)

Try mixing with diet soda and a SF syrup - like davinci's.

Also, here's the zero carb liquors (these are plain, not flavored!):

Rum
Tequila
Scotch
Whiskey
Gin
Bacardi O (orange flavored rum) is also advertised as zero carb

I've also learned the hard way the Southern Comfort is NOT low carb! So avoid that one!

Thin Ice has 1 gram of carbs
Mike's Light is advertised as low carb but has 10 grams of sugar alcohols, so it's best avoided.
Miller Lite is by far the best tasting low carb beer I've tried and is 3.2 grams per bottle.

Ugh! Can you tell I've experimented a lot in this area?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 PM   #5  

haha, this is so helpful, thank you. i thought about maybe mixing some crystal light flavored drinks with 0 carbs with some alcohol and just playing around to see what it tastes like. is vodka ok, too? that's my favorite. i'll definitely try the margaritas you mentioned.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

They have vanilla and coconut rum, wonder if thats lc ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 PM   #7  

hmm, i don't know! i've never had vanilla/coconut rum before anyway. i wonder if it is tasty.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:05 AM   #8  
Head Princess

No carbs in vodka! (How did I miss that one? I love vodka! It's my 'potato in a glass' )

As for the other flavored rums, vanilla, coconut, cherry, etc. I don't touch them because I'm pretty sure there's sugar in there. I was actually surprised about Bacardi O and still haven't dared to try it.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Ya know I would of never thought that liquor was no or low carb... I am not much of a drinker but I always thought that it had carbs just like beer does? Hummm.... there for I have not drank- anything for the past ummmmm 2 1/2 months including the parties and the Mardi Gras ball I went to... well Note to self - Alcohol doesn't necessarily have carbs.....
Amyjo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:09 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Here's the important thing to remember, though. Alcohol will slow you down or cause you to stall.

Alcohol is very easy to break down into usable energy and therefore, our body's first choice for fuel. So, every time you put alcohol into your body, it will stop burning fat long enough to burn the alcohol. So if you drink a lot or often (or both!), you will notice the weight loss consequences.

Also of note: Alcohol dehydrates you. So if you show a 2 pound loss the day after you've been drinking, ignore it. It's most likely dehydration and will go back to normal once you get some fluids in you.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:37 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Ohhhhhhhhhh I just found a good site!

It doesn't seem to have everything and the search is a little weird, but check out www.drinksmixer.com it seems like you have to look for a drink, but then it gives you the ingredients and you can click on the ingredient name and check the carb content.

For example, I just found out that all of the Absolut Vodkas (even the flavored ones) are 0 carbs. Cool!!!

I'm suddenly not so sure about the accuracy of the site. It says that Tequila Rose is 0 carbs and I have a hard time believeng that what with all the creaminess.

Last edited by StarPrincess; 03-24-2004 at 06:46 PM.