Old 03-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #1  
Mouth of the South

Default Insomnia

I know our bodies are burning fat for energy. I must have more energy that I thought! Every night I go to bed, I have a really hard time falling and staying asleep. By the time I finally do get into a good sleep, it is almost time to wake up! Does this happen to anyone else? I was wondering if this is a side effect of Atkins. If it is, I can live with it! Keep burning that energy! Especially around my stomach!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:11 AM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

This has been a problem to me, too. I can never fall asleep, and I'm one of those people that is a serious sleeper. It used to be my best quality! I've just never had any sleep problems, and now I can't fall asleep for anything, and I do wake up occassionally, which I never used to do.

I don't know if you've cut out caffeine or not, but be careful about drinking it later in the day. It really seems to effect me now that I'm on Atkins.

I'm with you -- if this is a side effect, I can live with it, too. The benefits definitely outweigh this problem!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:20 AM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

I had the same problem but I added vitamin B-1 to my diet, B-1 stops the mind from working overtime and settles the body for restful sleep, on the nights I feel like that I take 1 250mg B-1 and at least 500mg of vitmain C (you need to take C with B-1) But it makes me naturally sleep like a baby.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:47 AM   #4  
Mouth of the South

Oh, well, It's not like I am dragging. I have energy to spare. I used to sleep too much, so now I have a balance.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 11:31 AM   #5  
Head Princess

TG - does it matter what time of day you take them? DH has a hard time sleeping and I'd love to try this on him. As for me, I fall asleep if I hold still for longer than 10 minutes.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #6  

I used to be a wicked night owl but as I got older that wasn't the case anymore. BUT, even though I would fall asleep I would wake up around 3:30 am and my head would start "stupid thinking". I would never get back to sleep.

Since doing Atkins I haven't noticed a change in that EXCEPT since I stopped drinking my wine during the week I now sleep like a baby ALL NIGHT! Still tired when I wake up though
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #7  
tjw

Well I'm just strange anyhow...I worked a 3rd shift job for 11 years and have always been a "night owl"...I lived on an average of 2-3 hours of sleep a day for several years (becoming comatose on the weekends though)...even though I've been off of 3rd shift since '98, I've continued having a hard time getting to bed/sleep at a "decent hour"...Ironically, when I FIRST started on Atkins, I found I could actually sleep, easily, early, and sleep long and GOOD! Unfortunately, it didn't last more than a month or two...Given my "history" I know it's "just me" and not Atkins doing this...Occassionally or rather RARELY I'll get to sleep around 9 PM after an especially busy/tiring/rough day at work...otherwise, it's anywhere from 11:30pm-2am before I ever even begin to get to sleep/sleepy...and 6 am comes early lol! And I'm the world's worst for going "off schedule" when I have time off work---revert back to that old schedule of staying up all night and sleeping half the day...guess I just have a vampire syndrome or something lol

Last edited by tjw; 03-19-2004 at 12:30 PM.
tjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

I lost the energy. But I also no longer wake up in the middle of the night having to make a fast bathroom break either! I think I'd rather have the energy and the bathroom break than always tired. Maybe I'm still missing a vitamin or something.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote