Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #16  
Head Princess

LOL @ the fake fruit! The worst thing about TOM for me, is my stupid cravings come back. I'm thinking it's probably like being pregnant. I'll be laying there in bed, almost asleep, and suddenly I'll sit up and shout "Cinnabon! Oh, crap! I want cinnabon!" The funny thing is that I only crave things that I never ate anyway. Like cinnabon or donuts or something silly like that. It's bizzare.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:34 PM   #17  
Sha

Jane, I would Love the recipie.. Please post. thanks Sha
Old 01-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #18  
Movin' and Losin'

Ella: That's hilarious about the fake fruit. I know exactly how you feel!

I don't get cravings for carb-ladden foods necessarily, I just want a LOT of anything. I just ate lunch, and I'm already hungry. Nothing satisfies me. I swear I could eat a couple of pounds of bacon and still not be satisfied (not that I'm going to try that). I don't have any fake fruit, but the whole refrigerator should be on guard today! There is the possibilty it could all go down in a TOM-charged binge.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:46 PM   #19  
I love green eggs and ham

Star.. I second the Cinnabon...
I will wake up in the middle of the night and because of a dream, ask Tony if I ate a donut yesterday, or if we went to cinnabon!! Just like you, those are things I wouldnt even eat pre-Atkins.. and I think thats why I wake up soooo mad at myself.. its like if Im gonna blow it, I wanna dream about blowing it on a whole vat full of sesame ckn , or something worth it!!!
Old 01-20-2004, 02:59 PM   #20  

I just put my pepperoni quiche under misc.....I have this for breakfast a lot. I am not one for plain eggs in the morning. It is so easy to take one to work and heat it in the microwave for a minute and go.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:02 PM   #21  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hmmm...wannaeatacinnabon!!! yumm, thats a tasty treat alright. Hi girls. Its been a few days since I last posted. I was alll caught up in some drama over my son's pinewood derby car race with his boy scout troup. Why is it that some parents create drama and are so anal about rules and competition when they are threatened by a bunch of kids? I swear the parents got all worked up over the competition and the kids?...they just wanted to have fun. Sadly because of all of this, my "girls just want to have fun" barbie car was disqualified. hmmm..not impressed!! both my sons did really well for design in the open class and a bronze medal for time trials. Can I tell you I'm pissed off at my car? gggrrrrr. She was so cute, I even made her bikini and painted her toe nails!!! oh well....there's always next year!!!

Looks like some of us are car troubled. Hopefully it won't cost big bucks to do all the repairs. Meals have been good for me, only a little snacking but I was down .5 lb this morning. I try not to weigh myself midweek but needed a little boost to stop myself from doing any bigtime damage. I'll save myself the heartache and now wait until my normal weighin Friday. TOM is finally gone....and just in time as those choc. cookies were tasting TOO GOOD. Now that TOM is over, my cravings will go away. yeah!!!

Hi to Ella Shay and Sha. Nice to meet you and hope to see alot of your posts.
Old 01-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #22  
Sha

Thanks so much I will make it tomarrow..
Old 01-20-2004, 03:14 PM   #23  
Baby Steps

Today must be the day for people to be starving/hungry/craving food. I've been the same way! I made my hands useful by cutting up some celery before I could grab the chips off the top of the fridge!!! So far I've not done that. lol
Old 01-20-2004, 08:52 PM   #24  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Here I Am...

Here I am - feeling a bit lost as I have not been able to "visit" for the
past couple of days (and would you believe I cannot log on from work -
what's with that???)

Sorry to hear about everyone's car troubles....puppy woes and rumbly tumblies - hope all is rectified in short order.

Jane - please eat something - it will only get harder and you will get queasier if you don't eat - eat little bits of something and I hope you're drinking your water

Fulfig - how was the trip? Details please!!!

Welcome to all newcomers - it's so nice to see the thread so active!

I am very busy at my new job - mostly reading and getting up to speed on
what I am supposed to be doing. Also trying to get organized with files
and folders and labels and reading material. I am mostly settled in tho
(have my bunny pics and calendar up - still need to figure out how to hang
my diplomas?). I have a window seat - which is nice for the natural light
- however it is very CHILLY here - when I read my right side faces the
window area and gets very cold...left side seems better! The worse is I
don't have a pass yet so everytime I have to go pee (which is a lot)..I
need to borrow someone's pass so I can get back into the office.....highly
inconvenient, especially for a card carrying princess (have not flashed my
card here yet - don't think they will appreciate it...yet.... ).

Had a meeting this pm - and had to walk to another building 10 mins away in
the freezing cold! (I did walk briskly so counting it as exercise!)

Have more meetings set up this week with all the team members (6 of them, 1
hour apiece) to find out what everyone here does.

I have moved into the kitchen with my coffee maker and decaf. Two big
fridges so I have been able to put my "emergency supplies" in there (sf
vanilla syrup, havarti cheese, sf jello, cans of tuna and of course my
daily lunch). I am in an office tower and there is a small shopping area
downstairs - I have checked it out. There is a bank, post office, dental
office, computer store, travel agency and a few "eateries"..one is chinese
food (maybe the veggies if I get desperate). There is a McDonald's which
will do in a pinch for lunch, and probably okay for breakfast too. There
is a coffee/bagel shop (did notice some syrups there not sure if any are
sf), and two other take out food places: one is a sandwich shop, but they
do have salad and grilled chicken salad so this would work. The other also
has salads, sandwiches and hot dishes/soup for takeout...some might be
acceptable as well (yesterday they had chicken stuffed w/broccoli and
cheese!).

I am trying to stick as close to induction as possible as I really need to
get on track and get rid of the cravings. I did gain about 1.5 lbs over
the romantic anniversary weekend (see weekend chat!) so I am desperately trying to get rid of that and then move forward to my VD goal.

Having some non-poopy issues so this is not helping!

I too was hungry this morning, and it's not PMS/TOM or anything...had to get my havarti out of the fridge and nibble on that even after my bowl of flax cereal which is usually very satisfying.

Had a great lunch I made at home.....made some "homemade" chicken soup: simmered one chicken breast in water with a bit of onion, sliced celery, a few sliced mushrooms, and some cut up bok choy - added some seasoning, and hauled the whole huge thing to work - almost like a chinese style chicken soup without the won tons or pork.....(cut up the chicken into the soup once it was done!)....

karen - congrats on the puppy - sounds like everyone is enjoying Sophie!

....and I LOVE CINNABON...or St. Cinammon's which we have here in the mall...just walking by is torture as you can smell it a mile away! YUMMY

Enuf - I'm starting to salivate all over the keyboard!

HRH Princess Froufy
Old 01-20-2004, 09:42 PM   #25  
Head Princess

Froufy - so nice to see you back!

It seems some people have disappeared. Karen, Jamie, Super, Julie, Lisa, Kim - where are you guys?
Old 01-20-2004, 10:12 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi everyone! I'm still around, Star!

Was at work again today, not school, and thus a bit harder to 'sneak' on...

I'm actually watching a replay of the 'State of the Union' address that you guys are having down there. How often is a 'State of the Union' address done? Just curious...keeps zooming over to Hilary Clinton...she's had a frown on her face for a little while now.

Frouf: I'm sure the 1.5lb is an indicator of a fabulous weekend! It'll be gone in no time. Glad you're settling in to your new job - and I think all government buildings are cold...I freeze my butt off at CSA all the time.

I totally drank milk today - 500 mL. All of the sudden, will-power vanished and I just had to have milk. I haven't had milk in, it feels like, a million years, and milk and I used to be quite, quite intimate friends. I savoured it, and now I will move on and leave it for another couple months.

I'm too lazy to reply individually - got on way too late today - but a big 'hello' to everyone! But yum, I'm going to try making one of those quiches sometime.

Hopefully I'll be around more tomorrow, have a good night everyone!

Julie.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:29 PM   #27  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Gadzooks, is every woman here on the same cycle?!

Me too! Started Monday, with INSANE cravings for sweets. Managed to stave off munchie attack with 1/2 oz. of dark "Mayan" chocolate, flavored with cinnamon, other interesting spices and cayenne pepper. Whoooiieee that was some hotsa stuff... but tasty! Mmmm.

Ok, I must stop before I incite a chocolate attack in other vulnerable hormone-crazed women.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:50 PM   #28  

OK Folks, I got through Day 2!! Wasn't doing so well this morning, but doing better tonight. The people I work with are really supportive... they keep coming by to check on me in case I've gone completely insane. If only other things at work were so simple...

anyway, I didn't sleep worth a flip last night- hoping tonight will be better. I still feel a little crav-y, but it's getting less now. I had hot wings and salad at lunch, and beef stroganoff (no noodles or rice- whaaa!) for dinner. Wish I'd had time for breakfast!

I have a headache (mild)- nothing like my usual migranes I get now and then. DH is also feeling a bit better today. I'm hoping to feel a lot better by Saturday, despite the fact that I have to get a root canal done on Friday. (serious whaaaa! for that one!)

So... I understand that some folks get constipated on this plan... I'm having the opposite problem. Any suggestions?

Also, thanks for all your kind words yesterday... it was really a nightmare.

SpyGirl
Old 01-21-2004, 12:29 AM   #29  
Princess in Training

Day #8 of induction here...horrible stomach issues have gone away I think, thank god. I ate a bit too much cheese today (5 oz) because when I got home tonight we were completely out of meat...grrrr. Shopping is tomorrow though and I plan to cruise the meat aisle and stock up and freeze a ton fo stuff.

Does anyone here ever actually weigh their cheese (or other stuff)? I have a kitchen scale and it is habit to weigh or measure everything for me--so when I read the atkins guidelines I kept doing as usual. I feel kind of anal retentive about it, but I guess it is a good habit and will prevent me from overeating things with carbs. A friend actually made fun of me when she went in my kitchen and saw the scale sitting out--thought I was insane. Anyway, an oz of cheese I can not estimate, ever. I keep trying to do it and then check and I'm always like 0.5oz or 3oz...lol not even close.

ah well, a girls got to have a hobby :P
Old 01-21-2004, 01:05 AM   #30  
The Princess O' Pets

Spygirl and khem, glad to see you both doing so well today.

Khem, I don't usually weigh things, things like cheese I buy prepackaged so it is already measured, then I just grab and go. Other things I just guesstimate if it is not premeasured.

I am soooo tired tonight,,,,BUT JINA!!! I made quiche for tomorrow!!!!! ROFL!!
Closed Thread