3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Tuesday November 11th - Happy Veterans/Remembrance Day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/34359-tuesday-november-11th-happy-veterans-remembrance-day.html)

Kim in NJ 11-11-2003 03:30 PM

What's with the coffee??? Did I miss a post?
I'm like Jina and struggle with my heavy hand adding cream.... but what's the deal with the caffinated vs. de-caf?
I hate de-caf....I LOVE my Cafe Blend Dunkin Donuts coffee that dh & I have each day. It's like a splurge for me.
So now give me the bad news....

StarPrincess 11-11-2003 03:47 PM

The bad news......

Here's what the atkins website says about caffeine:

Excess caffeine can drop blood sugar levels and leave you craving sweets. If you're addicted to caffeine, you must give it up. The best way to do this is to segue from the high-octane stuff to decaf by gradually adding decaf to your full-force brew until you are drinking straight decaf, which you can enjoy with cream. Water-processed decaf is preferable because it does not use chemicals, as other decaffeinating processes do.

LindaBC 11-11-2003 05:42 PM

Hi gang. I haven't been posting here very often because I have too many other support groups that I visit but my preference is 3FC.
Recently I did the first level (1,000 calories) of Fat Fast because I'm terribly metabolically resistant. I stuck with it for the 5 days and lost 9 lb. Then I tried moving up to the second level (1,200 calories) but just couldn't hack it anymore. For one thing, constipation was beginning to be a problem. For another, the food choices got worse instead of better. So, here I am back on Induction and hoping to stay in ketosis. While on FF, I finally got into the deeper purple shades which was thrilling for me. Today, however, the test strips are pale pink again. Dang it!

Does anybody have an expanded list for the second level of Fat Fast? There have got to be more foods allowed than what I've found at the Atkins website.

Jamlinrich 11-11-2003 09:14 PM

Morning! Just woke up to go to work. Slept great. That's another weird thing about this WOE. I've had a terrible time with sleep my whole life. Ever since adopting this WOE I've dropped off like a baby, slept 6-8 and woke refreshed with no alarm. It's cool but weird. I got some ketostix and am excited because it turned the darkest shade of purple on the box. That was good reassurance.

A funny story for you:
I have a friend named Mary Sloan at work. I sent her and our other friend Tim a letter the other day telling them how excited I am to have lost 10 pounds in just a week and to be eating more veggies than ever before. That they would be SO proud of me.
Yesterday I got a letter back from Tim saying he would be sure to let Mary know since I accidentally sent my letter to LARRY Sloan, a Reactor Operator in Pennsylvania. I cracked up. Good old Larry must have got a kick out of my update. :)

Sleep well lovely ladies who are getting thinner by the minute!

StorybookMama 11-12-2003 12:05 AM

Jam,

I can top you!

When I was pg with Bridget, we bought dh a alphanumeric pager. So, I programmed my email at work to send him a page when I typed "Joey" into the "To" line.

So, I'm sending "Joey" all these personal emails that are for my husband when I finally, after a few weeks, get this email back from someone named "Joey" who works in our office in the Phillipines saying "Lisa, thanks for the messages, but I think you meant for them to be for someone else."

Thank GOD that man works in our Manila office because I would be absolutely mortified if he was in our building, or even our country!!! I hope he never comes to HQ because I couldn't ever face him after some of the messages I sent.

My dh did get *some* of the messages so I never really wondered where the rest of them were going until I got that email. Found out then that if I just typed "Joey" they went to the other guy but if I typed "Joey" and then hit Enter, they would go to dh. Sheesh....

Jamlinrich 11-12-2003 10:05 AM

Lisa,
There's a music group I love called the Indigo Girls and on one of there albums they say, " You have to laugh at yourself otherwise you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't". I think that's totally true.