3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Tuesday November 11th - Happy Veterans/Remembrance Day (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/34359-tuesday-november-11th-happy-veterans-remembrance-day.html)

Leenie 11-11-2003 08:17 AM

Tuesday November 11th - Happy Veterans Day

Good Morning and may I say Happy Veterans / Rememberance Day to everyone and THANK YOU VETS !!!! :cp:

Bacon's cooking bbl.

Leens

Lekker 11-11-2003 09:51 AM

Good morning - and may I say Happy Remembrance Day to all the Canadians! :)

I went a little geeky last night and made a lovely Excel spreadsheet to keep track of my carbs every day. It's very pretty, at least I think so - and now all I have to enter is how many slices of turkey I ate etc...very easy, no calculations for me anymore.

I sometimes use the Atkins Carb Counter to determine how many carbs are in each thing, but I wanted to personalize the values to the specific products that I typically buy and in the typical portion sizes that I eat these things in. I mean, he refers to cheese in 'shredded tablespoons'...I, for one, do not eat my cheese like that. Also, whenever anything is referred to in ounces, my Canadian self goes 'huh?' :) So, this lead me to start making my spreadsheet, at 11:00pm last night.... :)

Also, I had a horrible dream on Monday night - I dreamt that I totally cheated off induction and indulged in Ben&Jerry's ... man, I was sooo angry with myself in the dream! You don't know how relieved I was to wake up and realize that it didn't happen and that I didn't mess up induction! :)

jane8760 11-11-2003 10:18 AM

Lekker: would you be willing to share your spreadsheet. I have made several in the past and would love to see what yours does. Just this morning I made a sheet to calculate the totals for a recipe since Fit Day doesn't have that option. It's very boring and basic.

If you want you can email it to [email protected]

I am down 10 pounds total today:cp: FINALLY!
My actual weigh in day is Friday but I cheated and got on the scale today. Couldn't help myself.

I am making Ricotta Gnocchi's for dinner tonight. And I found a really low spagetti sauce. I am so excited....I hope they taste good. Anyone ever made them?

Happy Veterans Day everyone! And for those up north Happy Remembrance Day.

Sonnet 11-11-2003 10:25 AM

Happy Veteran's Day

and

Happy Remembrance Day

Good morning to everyone...

I have nothing new today-happily staying on the Atkins' diet one more day. Yeah!

Congratulations Jane! 10 pounds! Super!

Lekker, That's truly a horrible dream! For me, it was a living nightmare this summer on hot, sunny days between our house and town. All kinds of stress going on in August got me into the bad habit again of stopping at a little park store on the way home (on the 2 hour drive) to "comfort myself." Noooooo! I was able to stop this finally. So 20 pounds later, I can blame a big part of the gain on this. Glad that nightmares over!

I hope everyone has a great day! Barbie

StarPrincess 11-11-2003 10:46 AM

Good morning!

Lekker - Brad Pitt wasn't in your dream was he? ;)

Jane - Way to go on the 10 pounds! Keep up the good work! :bravo:

I'm in a down place right now. I struggle with body image issues and used to have problems keeping my food down because of it. That's a large part of the reason I started Atkins. Anyway, I stumbled across an old trigger last night and have been down and out ever since. Blech! Hopefully going to curves tonight with the madre will help. Exercise normally does.

DH had insomnia last night so I woke up at 5:30 this morning and was met with low carb juice, bacon, and eggs. He is such a sweetheart! I haven't had breakfast in bed in ages! :)

Hope everyone's having a good day!

KarenW 11-11-2003 11:03 AM

Good Morning!

HAppy Vets day and Happy Rememberance day all! :)

another busy day for mee. With the kids home It always seems to be even crazyer! LOL!

We have daisies and I have to plan that meeting still! I am so bad this time around!

I will check in later.. gotta get some breakfast going!

Hugs to all! :)

Froufie 11-11-2003 11:20 AM

HAPPY VETERANS/REMEMBRANCE DAY

Hi Everyone,

Off work today and feeling absolutely CRAPPY! I hope this is a TOM thing - which by the way has now REALLY ARRIVED - which explains my carb loading pigout last night! I am so ashamed:(

Went to a UJA function at my synagogue last night (fund raising) to hear an ex poltiican speak (Bob Rae, ex-premier of Ontario) with my eldest ds (who is very politicially inclined!). So the ticket says 7 pm....we show up around then to find LOTS OF FOOD AVAILABLE (of course given this is a Jewish function what were we to expect? :lol: :lol: )

Tables laden with food, and waiters circulating with hot hor d'oevres - now I had eaten some supper (not a lot), and was not that hungry - but started nibbling (and there was some "safe food" available).....over the course of an hour I had:

2-3 cubes of cheese
1 strip of red pepper & dip
1 piece of cauliflower & dip
3 glasses of mineral water
a bunch of grapes (10-12?)
3 large strawberries
(and now for the bad stuff):
2 potato knishes (little puff pastry things stuff with potatoes)
2 mini egg rolls (just veggies no meat)
1 cheese bagel (puff pastry thing filled w/cheese)
1 mini potato pancake.

I don't know what possessed me, except now that TOM has arrived I am hoping this was a single abberation and does not mean I am off the wagon...I have not eaten any potatoes or floury things for over 5 and a half months - this is scary.

So the moral of the story is - I know before TOM arrives I tend to have a blow out day....but normally I am home so while I do eat more, it tends to be more carb friendly - best to stay home and away from forbidden foods at this time!

I am so scared that this will continue - as if I have no control over what I put in my mouth - very weird!

Also rainy, cold and wet now - still have a few errands to run, then pick up dd at 3:30 pm from school for appt, pick up youngest from school...then rush home as dh and I have an appt at 7pm. Busy night - I have already made dinner actually (baked salmon - very yummy as I had a taste)...mashed potatoes for kiddies and broccoli.

Not sure about my lunch as I will be out and about....taking water bottle and some atkins muffins with me on my travels.

Congrats to Jane on the wonderful loss!!!:D Keep up the good work.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow and I am feeling extremely fat and ugly today!

Froufy:s:

StorybookMama 11-11-2003 11:44 AM

Morning everyone!!

Well, I read the OWL chapter last night. I think I can do OWL without increasing my carbs hardly at all. I think it's Star (?) that is doing OWL with 20 carbs a day. I just need a tad more variety and I think this will do it.

I think I also need to start counting calories - this slow weight loss thing is for the birds. :P

Thanks Kim for replying to my "sugar crash" post from yesterday. I, too, had GD with my pg and had to take insulin. I felt worse yesterday than I ever did with the GD. It was so odd.

The only thing I can think of wrt yesterday was my coffee. I am wondering if maybe I got caffeinated by accident or maybe my SF Toasted Marshmallow syrup wasn't SF at all. I don't know.

Btw, Toasted Marshmallow syrup is WONDERFUL!! It tasted like homemade ice cream to me for some reason and it will definitely be on my list of flavors to buy!

Got an email back from my doctor. I'm on day 22 of this month's period and it's driving me insane. My face is all broken out and it's readily apparent that my hormones are royally screwed up. Doctor wants to put me on progesterone only pills for a few months to straighten my body out. Any btdt's???

I'm still at 13 pounds down. It's apparent that I am not going to make my Atkins challenge goal... and for that I am disappointed. I had higher hopes during the first two weeks of induction when the weight was just falling off me. Seems to be a feast or famine thing with me. Oh well, life will go on and the weight will come off - eventually.

Froufie - you won't continue to carbo-load because you ARE in control... Check out what Star posted yesterday about the skinny daily post. It's a wonderful read and I totally related to the whole split personality. It's over and done with - just pick yourself up by your bootstraps and live your life today. You are not fat and ugly - it's just the carbs in your blood stream talking to you.... and just one more reason not the eat the nasty things. ;) Chin up girl, you'll get there!!!

Okay, I have to run. Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll check in later!

:dizzy:

StarPrincess 11-11-2003 12:02 PM

Thanks for the comment on the article, Lisa. I was starting to wonder if anyone read it. :)

For anyone using Premarin, please please please look at this website. I'm not really the activist type, but I was horrified when I started researching premarin and think it's something we should all know about.

http://www.equineadvocates.com/premarin.html

Jamlinrich 11-11-2003 12:34 PM

Oh my goodness! All of you, I wish I could hug you all. That's the thing that stinks most about this. You can't give real hugs when they are needed.

Star! I am so shocked at the Premarin article. That's horrible, disgusting and horrible. I will make sure I pass it on. That's just so wrong. I know it can be a hard burden to do so well and feel like you are doing things right and are living this way of life and not seeing the results enough and fast enough but you must look where you came from. I'm sure Supergirl will tell you and your mom and anyone else that you are amazing. All of us here rely on you a million percent for knowledge an motivation because you are the real thing. Have faith girl and give yourself a rest. Maybe do something special for yourself to refresh your spirit. Whatever that is that makes you grin from ear to ear. You totally deserve it. We all do. It's way too easy to forget that.

Lekker- I would love to see your spreadsheet too. I don't have anything like that. Here's my email: [email protected]

Jane- I'm so happy for you! 10 pounds is exciting. I lost 9 at the end of my first week and will weigh in on friday. I'm excited to see what week two brings! I love what this WOE has done for me. It's cool to see someone so close to the same start date at me.

Froufie- It's easy to forget that not only is this a WOE but a WOL (way of life). We can only take it one day at a time. Think of the fact that at this point in you life you are conscious of your choices. You realize you aren't happy about them and you absolutely DO have control over them. You are so kind and supportive. It flows so easily from you and you need to turn it back onto yourself once in a while. You deserve it as much as anyone!

Lisa- Hang in there, Sweetie! Hormone roller coasters can be soooo hard but just hang in there. You're doing the right things trying to take care of yourself, trying to eat right and seeing a doctor. You have loving support here if you need it. Just keep chugging, it'll all come together.

As for me, I'm fine. No real complaints. I'm sad to see all of you struggling right now. It makes my heart hurt. It makes me hesitant to talk about my experiences because I am not sure if y'all want to here me talking about how great it's all going when you're unhappy.
You have all helped me a lot and your support and stories mean the world to me after only two weeks. If there's something you need, please feel free to ask.
Biggest of hugs.
Jamie

jdoggmartin 11-11-2003 12:34 PM

Hi, all!

Froufie: Lisa's right! The article that Star posted is great! You are in control, and you can overcome this slip-up. (On another note, I just realized I was spelling your username wrong! :o Sorry about that! I've got it now!)

Star: I hope the exercise tonight helps! Never forget that you are a fun, beautiful, tiara-wearing woman! I always look forward to your posts because of all the insight and inspiration you ooze.

Lisa: Toasted marshmellow syrup?? That sounds fabulous!! I'm going to have to scout that out!

Jane: Congrats on the 10-pound loss!! :cb:

Jamie: You are so sweet! For me, anyway, I'd love to hear about the good things happening for you! It might help encourage me more! So, tell away... I'd love to share in your happiness!!

I had a revelation this morning... I realized that coffee does not have to be white to taste good. I have gotten a little (OK... a LOT) carried away with my cream use lately. After weighing in this week and not losing anything, I decided I needed to make some changes -- mainly with the cream. So, I'm going to limit it and post my menus on the food log, so if anyone sees excessive cream use, please kick me! I was going to try and cut coffee out entirely, but I am weak... very weak! So, this morning I had some, but with less cream, and it still tasted divine!

I'm a little disappointed with no weight-loss for the week, but I am trying to keep my head up. I mean, I see why I didn't lose any weight... I should be happy I didn't gain! But, I get so easily disappointed. Anyway, less cream, posting menus and more exercise this week so that won't happen again next week!

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina

KarenW 11-11-2003 12:50 PM

Jamie - I want to hear your posts too! :):):) Believe me, the positive is what getsus all through it!

I am cutting back on my coffe intake too jina.. It is so hard this time of year.. but I think I need to do it too. I am going to try drinking more warm water.. what I really want is the warmth more than the taste I think!

Ok.. Off to do somemore meeting planning!

StarPrincess 11-11-2003 12:54 PM

Agreed! Good news makes things better - even if it's not my own. ;)

jdoggmartin 11-11-2003 01:30 PM

Froufie/y: Wait! Hold on a second! I'm so confused. I was looking back at some old posts and saw "Froufy" in the avatar. The one on this thread is "Froufie," but signed "Froufy." This probably isn't really that big of a deal, but I work in journalism, so I always want to make sure I'm spelling things correctly! :D What a nerd I am! Anyway, is either spelling correct??? OK... I truly am a big dork!! :write:

Jina

Lekker 11-11-2003 01:43 PM

Jane, Jamie - sure, I'll send you my spreadsheet! I'll send it this weekend - I want to play with it a bit this week and see how it works (since I did whip it up in about an hour) ... then maybe you can critique it or offer suggestions!

Quote:

Lekker - Brad Pitt wasn't in your dream was he?
Unfortunately he wasn't! To be honest, I have a bit of a thing for Aragorn from Lord of the Rings ... he's a bit old for me, but man, I wouldn't mind him in my dreams! That scruffy look he sports in the movies .... sigh. :love:

And to everyone who's having a rough day or feeling down - I'm sure everything will look up soon, just keep thinking about all the good things you've done up until now ... I found one of the best ways to make myself feel better is just to smile (I've been known to smile so much that my cheeks end up hurting, and at that point it becomes really hard to relax the muscles and not smile, yikes ...)! Singing and dancing along with my favourite music always helps too ... I have a particular CD that I compiled that has music that 'pumps me up!'