Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:11 PM   #31  
Head Princess

Oh gawd! No more reading these when I'm in boring meetings! I'm cracking up!
Old 10-22-2003, 04:07 PM   #32  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO KNOW: (By george I think she's got it)....could this be the infamous zebra bra? Guaranteed to bring out the animal in everyone: http://www.onehanesplace.com/

(and I was able to get on this website from work...ha ha....and I work for the federal government....go figure!).

Froufy

P.S. I hope you got the matching dental floss (oops I mean thong) as well

Last edited by Froufy; 10-22-2003 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:18 PM   #33  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

That's the one Froufy...thanks for finding it.
It REALLY is very pretty and very silky.

Oh - and NO NO NO - I didn't get the matching thong. (I didn't even know there was one!)
I'd be afraid I wouldn't be able to find it when wanting to take it off for laundering. Maybe another 50 lbs. from now!!!!

Come to think of it... don't you just wish you actually could just "Roll on the floor and laugh your a$$ off" ???? :ROFLMAO:
Old 10-23-2003, 08:16 AM   #34  
thin within

well, i have messed around and not rewarded myself as i had planned. i'm at 26 lbs of a 65 lb goal, so i many just wait until the halfway point. that would be 32.5, so i'll plan for rewarding with a massage at the 33 lb mark. a facial might be another option. massages and facials are really inexpensive here. the total for a body massage, manicure, and pedicure was 30 million tl, which would be about $21 or so. my husband thinks i should go every couple of weeks to pamper myself. is he the best or what? the best for me anyway! i'm too economical for that though. hmmm...what to do, what to do...
Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 PM   #35  
reaching my goals

Froufy, I work for the federal government too and I was unable to go the site. Our firewall said it was a "mature" site. Oh well, I have to check it out at home. Sounds like a fabulous piece. I'm gonna get new bras and undies when I get my weight off. I'm hoping my chest will fall back to a C again. They don't make alot of attractive bras in the 40DD section. If you can find them, they offer little support. Does the lingerie manufactures think that people larger than a D don't need or want pretty bras too. Sorry, I got off on one of my soapboxes.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:47 PM   #36  
Head Princess

Supersized - you have my empathy! Once upon a time, long long, ago when I was thin, I was a 32DDD. I looked like I'd tip at any second. Three years ago, I went and had a reduction. That was the best thing I've ever done! Unfortunately, I had also gained weight, so post surgery/pre atkins, I was at a 38C. I just recently moved into 36 land. Anyway, my point was that it totally sucks that it's near to impossible to get anything other than ugly utilitarian bras when you go above a certain size. Our pretty, new bodies will definitely deserve pretty, new bras!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 12:55 PM   #37  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

I actually have a drawer full of "other bras" from my previous weight loss efforts and while not super small (have always been too well endowed) they are pretty and lacy (black, red and white and beige of course). I am still in a DD cup, but have noticed my band size decreasing (from 42-44 to about a 40) and/or the ability to use 2nd or 3rd row of hooks to fasten them.

This is a good sign and now I can get more wear out of the stuff I have...before going shopping of course for even smaller sizes!

Froufy
Old 10-23-2003, 01:44 PM   #38  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Just wanted to mention the "Zebra Bra" I got is in a size 44DD - and it has the comfort straps. I would prefer a DDD cup but I figure I'm still losing. Even when I lost weight in 1992 and ended up in a size 8 at 128lbs, I was still a 34DD. I kind of liked that though
Old 10-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #39  

Supersized and you other amply endowed women. I'm fortunate (although I never considered myself so) to only be a C(+) cup at my current weight. I'm a good solid B when I'm at a normal weight. Anyway, I probably don't know a lot about support issues, but...Roaman's and Lane Bryant online have some beautiful, sexy bras that come in larger cup sizes. Some in DDD.

I wasn't really thrilled with the idea of buying a bra without trying it on, but they have a "satisfaction guaranteed" return policy and I could rarely find anything I liked in any store. Try finding a 44C. The mainstream seems to think that if you're over a 38" band size, you must be D cup or larger. I love to color-coordinate my bras with my clothing. I'm single and nobody ever sees what's underneath, but it makes me feel somehow more feminine and attractive if I'm wearing sexy lingerie. You'll never again catch me in something I'd have expected to see my 96-year-old grandma wear. You know...the "battle bra".

Jen
Old 10-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #40  
reaching my goals

I'll check out those sites Jen, thanks. I agree with you on the sexy undies issue. I'm single with no prospects so there is zero chance anyone will see them, but I do feel more attractive and proud of myself if I'm wearing matching sexy undies.

If I could have one surgery, it would be a breast reduction. It's hard to find cute shirts and dresses that don't pull in that area.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:01 PM   #41  
Head Princess

Supersized - what's stopping you? Most insurance companies cover that kind of thing now and it really is wonderful! There's not as much pain associated with the surgery as I thought. Best of all, I learned what it felt like to NOT have back pain for the first time since 8th grade.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:56 PM   #42  
reaching my goals

I may check into that StarPrincess. My catch will probably be that I have no documented back pain. It's mostly just an inconvenience for me. I might have to look for some other qualifiers. It's embarassing to be in an aerobics class when they tell you to lay on stomach with head to one side and your cheek doesn't touch the floor due to the chest. You have to settle for touching the upper part of your head to the floor. UGH!!!...Maybe that's why I don't go to aerobics classes anymore?????
Old 10-27-2003, 11:45 AM   #43  
Head Princess

LOL - I hear you there! But if you're interested in the surgery, I can't encourage you enough to at least look into it. I had no documented back pain issues either. I just said something to my doctor about it and he agreed that I was very out of proportion and referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon's office took care of all the pre-approval stuff with the insurance company and just like that - it was done!

It's like the ultimate reward!
Old 10-27-2003, 02:06 PM   #44  
reaching my goals

I've lost some inches already. Currently I'm at 41-36-42.5. In the past I've lost down from DD to a B or C. I just don't seem to be losing any cup size this time. When I get to the size I want to be I'll reassess. My doctor probably wouldn't think I was out of proportion at this time.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:50 PM   #45  
Head Princess

I've decided on my ultimate reward today. When I get to my goal, I'm getting a beautiful, free-standing, full-length mirror. I haven't owned a full-length mirror in 7 years and I think it would be the perfect way of rewarding myself for creating a body that I like.

Just wanted to share.
Closed Thread