Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #1  

Question Sugar Cravings

I crave sugar all day. For breakfast i eat a protein bar and for lunch a lean cuisine then cookies. At 1pm protein bar. Then im ready for supper. I dont know how to curb the craving for sugar.
orangey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

My protein bars curb my cravings because they are so delicious. They're the Quest Protein Bars, I like Apple Pie and Brownie. You can heat them up in the microwave to make it more like a fresh-baked brownie/pie! The manufacturer even suggests it. I'm always raving about Quest on here but I swear I don't work for them haha. I think Brownie has 5 net carbs... lots of fiber.
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I get rid of sugar cravings by not eating sugars. There are a ton of protein bars, but most of them are also loaded with sugar. That's why I stick with Atkinds or Think Thin. Otherwise, I'll eat an apple with cinnamon (cinnamon just tastes naturally sweet to me) and dip it in peanut butter.

I just have to stay away from the sweets to get rid of the cravings. That includes bread, rice, sweet potatoes, grains, period.

Do I miss them? Nope I don't! But if I start eating them, THEN I crave them and want them.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

That's because you are not eating REAL foods! You need to throw away the junk and eat real foods. Don't eat lean cuisines, they are all artificialities and chemicals. Once I started eating clean, my cravings for sugar have decreased monumentally. Seriously.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5'8

I agree: don't eat fake foods! Even if the foods you are eating use artificial sweeteners, they might be tempting you to have sugar since they taste so sweet!

The best protein bars, I echo the above, are def Quest and at the most, they have 3g of sugar and are much more natural. Try those instead. And, most importantly, real food!
cbheart16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #6  

Default Sugar Cravings

I dont eat surgar at all, but i do eat Lite Jelly and also make a sugar free cake, ( 1 whole egg, 2 tbsp unsweeten cocoa, 2 tbsp stervia chuck in mircowave for a minute or untill it rises then eat) used to do this a fair bit early into my cut because my surgar craving were high. Now since i have been 1.5 months into this cut i dont getting any surgar cravings it just goes away.
pnkelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170.5/164.5/140

Height: 5'6''

I'm on a plan that limits my sugar intake to 15 grams or less a day. That's like the equivalent of the sugar content in one serving size of milk! For me, Blue Diamond habanero bbq almonds are my go to snack when I crave sugar. One serving is 2g of sugar and is around 28 nuts, so a generous serving size. I also made fat bombs and those are great for when I'm craving sugar, because it's like eating candy
mom23kids1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210.5/200/132

Height: 5'7"

I was craving sugary treats all the time until I stopped eating sugar and cut out non veggie carbs ( bread, rice etc) and also white potatos. I have some protein at every meal, real food though, not protein bars or shakes and I have had no sugar cravings at all since I started eating this way.
might be worth trying a few days of sugar free to get past any detox and see if the craving go down
chickpeas is offline   Reply With Quote