Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/124/120

Height: 5ft 2

Default new carb counter

Hello folks!
I am new to this low carb way of life... I have tried so many diets in the past, and some have worked, but Im always starving! My friend had success recently following a low carb diet, and I have an obsession with carbs, sometimes I can go for days eating nothing but bread and crumpets. So I thought I would give this a go.
But to be honest, Im not entirely sure what Im supposed to be doing... So far I have cut out bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, and I havent really been craving any of them either. But Im sure there's more to it than just cutting these out!
Sorry to sound totally clueless, but any advice would be excellent!
Thanks
xx
Cat86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:18 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The best advice I can give you is to do your research. You might consider reading Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, The South Beach Diet and the Protein Power books. Then you can decide what works for you that you can stick to.
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Read the Paleo books too. You can start with the Whole30 site - whole9life.com
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Another newer diet is the Metabolism Miracle diet. if you go to themetabolismmiracle which is a .com site, you can take a test to see if this diet is for you.

I have found it helpful to me when nothing else worked, including more exercise and less food ... and if you are a carb addict, it just might be the diet you have been looking for. I am on week 4 of Step 1
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote