Old 02-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Smile New to Atkins

I am on day 2 of induction. I am not hungry but I am craving sweets, I know that is normal. I have also not weighed so I am not sure how accurated my ticker is, but I will take care of that tonight.

I have been on a diet for the past 20 years. I have lost, gained,lost gained. I have done LA weightloss,weight watchers, atkins and taken diet pills. I have exercised and done very well. My problem is I just love to eat. I love food. I love the way it taste, smells, feels in my mouth, I love that chocolate makes me happy and that a nice warm comfort meal makes me feel safe and warm. I reward myself with food a practice taught to me by my mother(thanks mom!) I have to stop. I need a change and am motivated to do so.

I have tried everything, but I am making sure this time it last. I am going to loose the weight and keep it off or I am going to reside to being fat.

Any support or advice is so Welcome!!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi there, I am new here, but not new to dieting (thats how I got fat after all!)

Hang on in there, if you can get rid of the sugar and grains out of your life then things seem so much easier. However it has taken 6 months for the cravings to leave totally. And you need a reason to be thin too. Why do you want to be thin? It has to matter...to look nice is not enough.

Then say every morning to your self in the mirror "Good morning * name* I am looking so good today. Skinnier than ever I see. Its so good I am skinny because *insert reason eg I am a runner/getting married in a month/etc* I just love my skinny body.

For some daft reason it helps no end...even if you are 100 pounds away from your goal!

Good luck
Autodidact
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote