3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   Primal / Paleo -- September 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/242505-primal-paleo-september-2011-a.html)

Ilene 09-06-2011 09:04 AM

Primal / Paleo -- September 2011

Primal Paleo who is in? I certainly am ...

Tazzie 09-06-2011 09:44 PM

I started working on eating Paleo (cavewoman) several weeks ago, when I was trying to treat severe inflammation, it has helped quite a lot with that, plus I have at least stopped gaining weight, and lost a few pounds. I have not been perfect with it (vacations pffftttt) but i am trying, also in the process of trying to decide just how much my body can tolerate in the way of carbs....I will be really happy if I can lose a pound or 2 a month--my body has become quite weight loss resistant....sigh...

Ilene 09-06-2011 09:51 PM

My body is "weightloss resistant" too... it is just so difficult...but I am trying...

Tomorrow I am really going to go low carb... I will post my food... Maybe we can all do that and help each other...

Tazzie 09-06-2011 09:56 PM

not a bad idea, sometimes it helps to see it in writing...

Tazzie 09-07-2011 08:54 PM

09/09/11

so today I ate:

small steak and 2 eggs

pork chop and a huge salad (vinegar/oil dressing)

zucchini casserole I was not particularly happy about as it had bread crumbs and just a bit of egg as protein (I didn't cook) it was tasty but not enough protein

v8 juice and some nuts as a snack

Ilene 09-07-2011 09:30 PM

Today I had:

m1...ham slices and a peach
m2...apple
m3...chicken and coleslaw with olive oil dressing
m4...pork chop and brocoli drizzle olive oil

I fell of the wagon with 4 squares of plain chocolate in the afternoon *sigh*

1,025 cals .... 48.3 fat .... 104.7 carbs .... 56.4 protein .... protein is way too low and carbs too high... I will do better tomorrow without the chocolate :yes: ...

I did have a very good workout tonight though :strong:

Tazzie 09-07-2011 10:12 PM

your calories are pretty low too, 1200 is minimum, try substituting one of the fruits with some roasted unsalted nuts/seeds or maybe some cheese if you can do dairy....

Ilene 09-07-2011 10:22 PM

My calories are low today, don't know why and I'm not that hungry so I'm not too worried about it... Yesterday I had 1500 or more, I can't really remember...but they are usually higher...

Ilene 09-07-2011 10:31 PM

:welcome: Brown :wave:

Ilene 09-08-2011 12:07 PM

Today:

m1... ham slices
m2... whey protein powder and an orange
m3... broccoli and pork chop

I feel good so far with my food...

Tazzie 09-08-2011 08:56 PM

Brown, the first thing that happened when I went paleo is that I stopped having cravings, and my hunger was reduced by quite a lot, it makes a huge difference to eat as much fresh, whole food as you can, cutting out gluten can really help tons.....

Tazzie 09-08-2011 08:57 PM

Cheese omlette

wings--blew it on the veg here usually i have a big salad

salmon and cauliflower

slice of watermelon :)

Ilene 09-08-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 4025025)
Today:

m1... ham slices
m2... whey protein powder and an orange
m3... broccoli and pork chop

I feel good so far with my food...

m4... banana
m5... shrimp, cabbage drizzled with olive oil, small orange
m6... dark chocolate

Ilene 09-09-2011 03:14 PM

The less processed carbs I eat the less I crave...

Tazzie 09-09-2011 07:06 PM

ok today I had

small steak and 2 eggs/ slice of watermelon

chicken soup (no carbs just chicken and broth)

some nuts on break

salad steak and mashed potatoes (went to dinner with my sweetie) I don't feel bad about eating a reasonable serving of potatoes but everything tasted kind of salty and i am sure I will pay for that :P

Tazzie 09-10-2011 05:28 PM

this cavewoman is not doing very well today ugh!! however I went to the grocery store and I got the stuff to make spagetti squash with meat sauce, a ginger coconut soup w/chicken--will probably put curry in this and I have been wanting enchiladas but there is too much carb in the tortillas so I got enchilada sauce and chicken, think I will either just braise the chicken in enchilada sauce and sprinkle a bit of cheese or maybe make an enchilada soup? we shall see :)

Tazzie 09-10-2011 10:24 PM

ok today i had:

1 chicken breast and some watermelon

noodle bowl with chicken and lots of veggies (I have been trying very hard to avoid gluten--sort of went out of my mind a little today :-P )

roast chicken and a salad

Tazzie 09-11-2011 06:50 PM

eggs and bacon & strawberries

salad & chicken

spagetti squash with meat sauce

Ilene 09-11-2011 07:33 PM

Today foodwise I did awful, I don't even want to discuss it :frypan:

But I did run 5k and biked 20k ...

claire0412 09-12-2011 03:13 PM

Hi girls!

I've just read my bf's copy of Paleo for Athletes and am a convert to the idea of balancing acid/alkali etc etc, more for good health rather than weight loss at this point! I'm not ready to go completely hardcore so I will be allowing myself yoghurt for breakfast, no grains though! The odd bit of peanut butter, a few legumes here and there and a few bits of soya too.

Today my meals looked like this:

B: Apple and peanut butter
L: Chicken and peppers on spinach and rocket salad with rapeseed oil dressing + peach. Coffee with a bit of milk (I will have to wean myself onto espresso)
D: 3 egg omelette (no milk or cheese) with red pepper, spring onion + side salad and olive oil dressing. Dark chocolate (I know, bend the rules!) + nectarine.

i'm just about to stew up some rhubarb to have with yoghurt and seeds in the morning. Glad to be here with like minded people :)

Ilene 09-12-2011 04:39 PM

Claire, I bent the rules with chocolate today too... Oh well :shrug:

Today I've had a lot of small meals I just felt hungry all the time...

Tazzie 09-12-2011 07:51 PM

cheese and sausage omelette

salad with roast chicken

steak/broccoli/and a few oven fries

had a few nuts on morning break
2 string cheese

claire0412 09-13-2011 04:39 PM

Today:

Stewed apples and rhubarb with yoghurt and seed mix
Peach
Spinach and chicken salad
Apple + peanut butter
Salmon fillet + rocket and pepper salad, nectarine

Lots of water and herbal tea

Ilene 09-13-2011 04:46 PM

m1. banana
m2. apple and peach
m3. steak and shreaded cabbage, drizzled w/EVOO
m4. banana
m5. canned salmon and shreaded cabbage, drizzled w/EVOO

I'm really eating way too many fruits...

Tazzie 09-13-2011 07:27 PM

eggs and bacon/strawberries

egg drop soup

hot wings/veggie tray/coleslaw

Tazzie 09-14-2011 10:23 PM

egg sausage omlette

broccoli soup and a salad with chicken

taco salad

Ilene 09-14-2011 10:32 PM

Banana
Nectarine, whey protein powder
Pepperoni, shredded cabbage drizzled w EVOO
Salmon, shredded cabbage, EVOO, 1T coucous, 1T quinoa...
Greek style yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries

I love the shredded cabbage it comes in bags and is the easiest way for me to get my veggies in...

emiloots 09-15-2011 01:02 PM

Howdy ladies - I'd love to join your thread. I'm a big reader of Robb Wolf & Mark Sisson's blogs - been slowly migrating back towards paleo in the past few weeks. I'm nursing a 10 week old so trying not to disrupt my supply too drastically. I do eat some dairy - mostly butter and about once a week I have a latte - hasn't seemed to hinder my progress at all nor cause me any intestinal discomfort. Here's the 'menu' for today:

2 butter fried eggs, 2 all nat./gluten free sausage patties
nuts
pork loin w/ mushroom & bacon gravy
green beans

little light on the veg today but I'm feeling lazy and just making leftovers for dinner!

Ilene 09-15-2011 01:18 PM

:welcome: emiloots....

Today so far:

Banana
Greek style fat free yogurt with mixed berries
Greek salad with chicken

Ilene 09-15-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 4033941)

Today so far:

Banana, ground flax
Greek style fat free yogurt with mixed berries
Greek salad with chicken

Salmon, avocado, shredded cabbage, coconut oil....

I feel really good today, physically and mentally... My run today was awesome, food was perfect, and tonight going to the gym :strong: It's all good :D

Tazzie 09-15-2011 09:46 PM

I took a day off because mentally I needed it, I am finding it tougher to do completely without refined foods than I thought, so tomorrow I approach with a fresh attitude :)

Ilene 09-15-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazzie (Post 4034614)
I took a day off because mentally I needed it, I am finding it tougher to do completely without refined foods than I thought, so tomorrow I approach with a fresh attitude :)

That's a good idea Tazzie! We can't be perfect all the time ...

Tonight I had wine :cheers: and a couple of pepperettes... a bit off plan, but my DD surprised me and came home for the weekend... We had to celebrate :cheers:

emiloots 09-16-2011 10:47 AM

Morning ladies - got a later start this morning so no breakfast since I'm meeting my hubs for lunch soon. Absolutely gorgeous day here...cool, sunny, feels like fall! I'll come back to add in my food later.

Tazzie - hope today is a good day!

l: salad w/ dark meat chicken, pico de gallo & guacamole
s: nuts

Tazzie 09-16-2011 02:01 PM

thanks Emily! I have a day off today so its pretty good so far, I have been really struggling with weight loss lately and have found that I am completely burned out on it (from trying so hard and not getting anywhere) I really think that I first need to stabilize myself, get to where I am eating a reasonable amount, and that the food is as unprocessed as I can manage, at least stop gaining weight, then I am hoping I can work on losing weight again... it is quite a process ugh....

midwife 09-17-2011 11:41 AM

Hey all! I'm inspired by your menus!

I've been part of this thread before....trying to balance paleo-ish principles while keeping enough energy to not bonk on my runs. So if you'll forgive my loose interpretation that works for me, I'd like to hang out here again.

Where's SusanB????

My nod to paleo includes cutting out grains and sugar. I still eat dairy (small amounts), sweet potatoes, beans and oats. I also run longer distances that MDA would approve of, but I like running. So I adapt.

Ilene 09-17-2011 12:04 PM

Hi midwife :wave: adapt away, we all do it...

I have no idea where SusanB is :( I miss her...

Today I ran 5k and did housework... boooring...

So far today:

Dr. Oz Green smoothie, it was very good I must say...

2 eggs with spinach...

geoblewis 09-17-2011 12:33 PM

Okay, I'm squeezing in here too. Been bouncing around with the Paleo but decided to do the Whole30, starting tomorrow. Yesterday was a bad, BAD carby day. Had tried juicing actually and found that it ramped up my appetite incredibly. So keeping juicing as an afternoon/evening thing just to get more veggies in. And cutting out the grains and legumes is best for me. Already don't do sugar and processed foods.

Cheese is going to be the tough one!

Ilene 09-17-2011 03:16 PM

geoblewis :welcome: too.... I love the Whole 30 I did it in January... I lost 4lbs in the 30 days, my downfall were nuts, I'm sure I could've done better without them... I even cut out wine OMG that was the hardest, but being it was just after Christmas it was easy enough... I will do another one in January 2012 becaust our son is getting married in February and I want to look my bestest KWIM ;) ... Good luck with your W30 !

Today has been good so far...

Tazzie 09-18-2011 08:25 PM

I am really struggling, for some reason I cannot fathom meat just does not agree with me, I have tried low carb before and had to give it up in favor of a vegetarian diet because i feel better eating as a veg, I am still very interested in the anti inflammatory benefits of paleo tho, so I am going to see if I can find a balance that my body can handle, I will still work on being lower carb and eliminating as much refined food as I can (yes I know there is no such thing as a cavevegetarian) all I know is I can't handle feeling this way over the long term :P

Ilene 09-18-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazzie (Post 4037791)
I am really struggling, for some reason I cannot fathom meat just does not agree with me, I have tried low carb before and had to give it up in favor of a vegetarian diet because i feel better eating as a veg, I am still very interested in the anti inflammatory benefits of paleo tho, so I am going to see if I can find a balance that my body can handle, I will still work on being lower carb and eliminating as much refined food as I can (yes I know there is no such thing as a cavevegetarian) all I know is I can't handle feeling this way over the long term :P

Is it the meat or is it the low carb fever some get when they first start low carbing? Hope you find what works for you ....