Old 11-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default My new favorite low-cal snack

Salsa on salad. Apparently other people have been doing this forever, but I just discovered it. And my lord, I'm in love. I'm not a salad person, by the time I get enough goodies (nuts, cheese, meet, etc) on it, I might as well just eat "real" food. But I just ate a bowl with 2 cups of romaine lettuce and 3 tbsp of pineapple salsa (Newman's Own brand), and it was deeeelicious!

I love love LOVE salsa. There are so many varieties and textures and flavors. One food I have had to give up completely is chips and salsa because once I start, I cannot stop. But it's not the chips, or even the chip and salsa combo specifically, it's just the salsa. I am guilty of eating salsa out of the jar with a spoon. The chip is just a high-calorie vehicle for the salsa to my mouth and the salsa itself is actually quite low in calories. Well the chip is out and lettuce is in! Seriously, that big bowl I just had was about 35 cal (being generous), it was bulk in my tummy, and it was delish.

Tomorrow night I'm having a biiiiig bowl (big mixing bowl) of lettuce with ham, craisins, mandarin oranges, and pineapple salsa. It's pretty random, but it sounds kind of Hawaiian or something, hehe.

Well, anyways, thought I'd share...I'm rather enthralled at the moment. Most of you have probably known about salsa on salad for ages, haha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286.6/273.5/150

Height: 5'4"

I've never heard of that, but it sounds yum. I'll have to try it.
SweetMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Okay, I've put that on my list to try - Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa - i've had one from World Market but it was so-so ... will give it another try!
Thanks for sharing!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote