Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Default Low low energy

Hi!
I started eating healthy a few weeks ago (calorie counting), everything was going well, but about 10 days ago I went to the dr (annual check) I took the usual blood tests and it came out that I hace insulin resistance, so my doc suggested to go low carb.. I read Dr Atkins book 2 years ago so I reread some parts and started 3 days ago.

Well, everything is going great, I´m really happy so far, I´m eating really good tasting foods.... but I´m exhausted.
I´m drinking lots of water and eating well, no hunger at all. I´m not exercising right now cause I have a bad ankle but hope to start soon...
well, I wanted to know if this low low energy feeling is normal and when will it go away.. ahhh I love this way of eating but ám a little scared about feeling so tired.
Ahh I´m already in ketosis (the strips are turning kind of pink/purple)
Hope you can help me!

Last edited by Sapitaa; 10-28-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

It sounds like you may be experiencing "Induction Flu"....it does go away after a few days as your body adjusts to your new way of eating.
Are you taking a good multi-vitamin? Dr. Atkins recommends one without iron.
All the best to you!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #3  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

It went away for me after the first week. Then I had so much extra energy. I have never felt better in my life than on Atkins.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 168/168/130

Hey, thanks JerseyGyrl and Puncezilla for your replies!!!!

Today is day 4 and I´m still feeling weak, and I had a headache (which I never ever have, but took ibuprofen) so I guess it´s the "induction flu" grrrr, I don´t like this feeling at all, but knowing it will go away makes me feel better. Today I took the day off from studying (I´m doing my thesis, but I´ll have to catch up on sunday anyway) so I hope to feel better tomorrow!

Jersey, I am taking suplements, all of them had iron so I went with the ones with less...
Puncezilla, how long have you being on Atkins?
Sapitaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapitaa View Post
Jersey, I am taking suplements, all of them had iron so I went with the ones with less...
If you're interested in a recommendation....Nature's Bounty makes a multi for women (they have a men's formula as well) called "Your Life".....its iron free
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I was on Atkins for about year and lost 50lbs, then I got pregnant and gained back 25 lbs . My son is almost 5months old now and I'm trying to lose the extra baby weight. I love Atkins. I have celiacs and hypothyroid and my fasting insulin levels are always high, which makes it very hard to lose. Atkins is the only thing that works for me and makes me feel great.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #7  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

It took nearly two weeks for that feeling to go away for me... but now I'm starting week 6 tomorrow and I feel absolutely fabulous. I have more energy than I've had in months. Stick with it, it's totally worth it.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote