Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/171/140

Height: 5'8"

Question Questions on Ketosis... Am I on the right path?

I started my diet 4 days ago, That is, Im on my fourth night...
For the last 4 days Ive eaten nothing but Meat, Cheddar cheese, Mayo, and Iceburg lettuce.

Ive also been drinking Crystal Light (albertsons brand. Cheaper!) and Coke Zero and a zero carb energy drink. Not to mention water, water, and more water!

For the last few days Ive felt sick. Almost like I have the flue. Dizzy, light headed, cold sweats. Is this normal? I want to make sure Im not dying...
Haha.

Also, Im starting to have a hard time not eating carbs. I dont know where the line should be drawn. I had 3 eggs earlier. 1g carbs each. I almost flipped out. Plus the lettuce. Am I ok?

Is this going to get any easier? Will this flu thingy go away? What can I eat and how much of it?

I need some guidence....

Also, am I in Ketosis? if not, when will I know I hit it?

Thanks for your advice ladies...
I dont think I could do this alone.
lfohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Are you attempting to do Atkins???
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #3  

No. Im on the Ketogenic Diet.
I just wanted to know about there side effects. Today I was extremely light headed. I want to know if this flu is normal or if I should see a doctor or something.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Well....Atkins is also classified as a ketogenic diet. What you're describing is known in low carb circles as "Atkins Flu". The good news is, it goes away in a few days.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #5  

Talking

Yay!
I actually feel a lot better today. A little light headed but a lot better.
Im not really on a certain diet per say. Im just trying to eat as little carbs as possible.
Though some research I did find the Atkins thing (carbs-fiber) thats helped a lot. But before starting the diet I really didnt read anything on it. I just knew about ketosis and decided to do it. its working well. Its been like 6 days and my waist is already 2 inches smaller....
If only it could've been the thighs instead! haha
But if you have any advise that I might use Id appreciate it.
Any tips on making sure I drink enough water? I have a bad habit of going for the juice or soda first... Or I just forget.
anything really. Ive never been on a diet before.
My whole life Ive been a little chunky but always lost the weight over the summer. This year I turned 20 and the weight just kept coming and coming untill it was almost out of control. I figured Id better get ahold of it now before It got too out of control. Anyways, the point being, I would appreciate and tips you have.
eating out? drinking water? Vitamins?
Im so clueless....