Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/185/155

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Default First Day of Low Carb and Super Hungry

I'm not doing a real strict Phase 1 because I'm still nursing DD. I will say that I felt satisfied till late after noon. I have felt hungry ever since. Take a look at my day and LMK what you think. Will it take some time for the hunger to pass or did I do something really wrong. BTW I'm happy to report that I was hungry but not craving carbs. Normally I crave carbs all day long. I will eat large bowls of cereal, chips, and grilled cheese between meals. I know I'm a carb addict.

Here is my day:

B: coffee w/ splenda & sugar free french vanilla, cheese stick and summer sausage, water

L: Cooked Ham on 3 Carb Bread w mayo,lettuce, and two pickle spears, with Crystal Light Lemonade

Early Afternoon Snack: Celery w/ Laughing Cow Cheese & Chamomile Tea w/ splenda

Late Afternoon Snack: 7 Brazil Nuts, 1/2 Atkins Bar, water

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas (meat only) dipped in Guacamole (avacado,salt,pepper) , water

ADS: 1/2 Atkins Bar, water

Did I eat too much?
Mommy2ArmyBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

no you actually probably didn't eat enough. Where are your veggies? Fruits? Low carb is ok. Zero carb is not.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2ArmyBrat View Post

Here is my day:

B: coffee w/ splenda & sugar free french vanilla, cheese stick and summer sausage, water

L: Cooked Ham on 3 Carb Bread w mayo,lettuce, and two pickle spears, with Crystal Light Lemonade

Early Afternoon Snack: Celery w/ Laughing Cow Cheese & Chamomile Tea w/ splenda

Late Afternoon Snack: 7 Brazil Nuts, 1/2 Atkins Bar, water

Dinner: Chicken Fajitas (meat only) dipped in Guacamole (avacado,salt,pepper) , water

ADS: 1/2 Atkins Bar, water

Did I eat too much?
Heres my 2 cents

I understand you say you aren't doing "a real strict Phase 1" but...I see a few things here that could be a problem. Is the sugar-free french vanilla coffee mate? If so, that contains partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oil A good, low carb substitute would be heavy cream with a little DaVinci's sugar free syrup. DaVinci's makes all kinds of great flavors including french vanilla. Be mindful of things like summer sausage & cooked ham as both can contain a lot of sodium which can possibly cause you to retain water. You also need to be careful with Splenda, its easy to over endulge. Atkins recommends 3 packets Splenda a day. Lastly, Atkins bars really aren't the wonderful snack Atkins Nutritionals Inc. promotes. You may want to have a look here for more information concerning these bars: http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php
I agree with the previous poster, adding some veggies, salad & some low carb fruits such as berries might help you feel much more satisfied.

All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-05-2009 at 10:05 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #4  

Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the pointers and info. I will add more veggies tomorrow and hope it make the difference. I'm so nervous because I'm giving a friend a babyshower tomorrow and I know I will want some cake. I'm a sucker for cake. I'm so bad about cake that I ate the top layer of my wedding cake that I was supposed to freeze and eat with DH on our one year anniversary. I'm so addicted to food it's embarrassing.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Id add more protein too!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/175.5/155

Height: 6'2"

Hey, I see we are almost the same stats as far as starting weight and goal weight. Maybe we can buddy up? I have been doing LC since November and saw a pretty decent loss at first but am now in a stall and tweaking my diet to try and figure out why. DEFINITELY add LOTS of protein! It will keep you fuller longer.
RunnerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerKim View Post
Hey, I see we are almost the same stats as far as starting weight and goal weight. Maybe we can buddy up? I have been doing LC since November and saw a pretty decent loss at first but am now in a stall and tweaking my diet to try and figure out why. DEFINITELY add LOTS of protein! It will keep you fuller longer.
I would love to buddy up with you. I will PM you tonight. TY!