Old 01-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Default low-carber newbie needs info about 3fc ect

Good morning! I am a newbie to the 3FC- and would like to become a well informed reduced carber-and low GI person . I am in the process of reading about all of the various types and styles of limiting processed carbs and potatoes ect. Am currently reading CARB ADDICTS DIET. I like the concept but know I am too weak for a reward meal, I did a SBD this summer liked it,( I stopped fro some stupid reason and am kicking myself for it) anyway I was wondering if some of you great folks could help me w/ a few questions [/LIST]1. Is there an online journal or something where I can enter my daily eating, excercise, measurements ect?
2. How do I get my weight tracker and favorite quote @ the bottom of my posts on 3fc?
3. Any advice about low carb sites for info-recipies or anything else you can think of!!!
4. Have any of you joined Curves/ did it help ? DH got me a membership for x-mas-
Today is my first last day:-)
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

we are so glad you joined us.

I'm going to move this to the main board where I think it will get more action.

I did the carb addicts diet and ate so much more junk then I normally would at the meal they allow you to eat carbs...just because it made me feel panicky, like OMG I have to eat everything NOW within this hour or else. The mind games it played w/me was not worth it LOL. But thats just me.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/302/200

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Leenie I need all the help I can get- I think I m going to try SBD or something like it- the carb addict's diet is a bad idea for me, if I had the self control to eat for only an hour then be done I would not be in the state I am :-) Where is this main board you moved my post to, I would like to check it out- I thought you had to post in a specific board---thanks again!! Dinomama
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/114/105

Height: 5'0

Hi there.

To answer #2: I use fitday.com . It has been so helpful to track my weight and help me log foods and look up calories and it helps me keep track of what I've eaten. It even gives you graphs of how much you burn vs. eat and distribution of fat, carbs, protein if you know you only want a certain % of carbs in your diet it helps you visualize where you are at!

to answer #3: If you go to the library, you can check out books on low GI diets, I have three sitting in front of me right now that I took out from mine.

to answer #4: Curves is just OK. I don't know how old you are, but to be honest, I think it's for people much older than myself (I'm in my mid-twenties). That's all I see at mine anyway. But it is a decent workout, using all those machines in their circle - IF and ONLY if, in between, you use those boards/take their advice to in between using each machine do jumping jacks. It's the jumping jacks that truly made a difference.
mermaid20 is offline   Reply With Quote