Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/175.5/155

Height: 6'2"

Angry Can someone look over my meal plan...

I have been gaining and losing the SAME pound for a month now. I am very frustrated so I thought I'd post a typical day for me and see if you can all offer some advice. I am 6'2" (female) and I have less than 20 lbs to lose. I run 5-6 days a week anywhere from 4 1/2 - 6 miles a day and I weight lift and do squats, etc. Here is what I ate yesterday. I am not on any particular "plan" but I just try to stay away from any refined sugars and keep my carbs under 50 a day.

B: Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, 2 c. coffee w/half and half, egg white (4)omelette w/ 1 sl. American Cheese, tomato and a Morningstar Farms sausage patty.

L: Just the fruit pear slices (39 cal/7 net carbs), 1 cheese stick 2%, 2 slices oven roasted turkey rolled w/ salmon cream cheese.

S: 1 tsp pb, 2 slice salami

D: roasted chicken (3 oz), brocolli w/ cheese, brussel sprouts baked in olive oil, diet coke, asparagus soup (only asparagus, EVOO, onions & low fat chicken broth)

S: bowl of fresh strawberries w/ tbsp SF cool whip, 1 chocolite bar (30 cal/2g net carbs), 1 oz pumpkin seeds in hull

I am getting SOOOO FRUSTRATED. Help!
RunnerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kim,

I moved this question here because I think more people will see it and respond. Hope you don't mind.

Three things come to my mind looking at your post. And I'm not sure if they even matter (well the 1st one does for sure)... just tossing out idea's here.

1. Do you drink enough water?
2. The lc chocolate... sugar alcohols, I wonder if that could stall you.
3. Calories... did you ever take a look to see if your eating to many.

Jerseygal what do you think?

Edit: 4. To much cheese?

/

Last edited by Leenie; 01-05-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: edit to add 4th idea
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Here is my 2ents

1. I'd restrict my cheese to no more than 2oz a day
2. replace the fruit with veggies until you start to see a loss...then add berries/fruit back but no more than 2 servings a day
3. get rid of the cool whip!! Replace it with real whip cream.
4. get rid of that choco/carb bar thingy. Those things are evil little stall makers!!
5. dump the diet coke and drink water (lots of it)

Add stuff back a little at a time once you start loosing. That is the only way you are going to be able to tell if they are affecting your weightloss.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Jerseygal what do you think?

I agree with Robin 100%...she's right on the money
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies! As a runner I make sure I drink no less than 64 oz of water a day. Most days I'm up at a gallon of water. The diet coke is about once a week or so. Would one diet coke with so much water be the culprit? Hmmm.

I only do about 2-3 oz of cheese a day. The cheese stick is 1 oz. and the cheese I put into my egg is 1/2 slice of American and the other half slice I use for my brocolli. Most days I have a salad for lunch but this day I was on the run hence the poor lunch.

Now, that being said...I got dressed for work today and was SHOCKED that the pants that I could barely zip up (size 12's) 2 months ago were so loose on me that they would hardly stay up! I guess I am losing inches and not lbs!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Now, that being said...I got dressed for work today and was SHOCKED that the pants that I could barely zip up (size 12's) 2 months ago were so loose on me that they would hardly stay up! I guess I am losing inches and not lbs!
I have to tell you, I read this all wrong the first 2x I read it. Im thinking to myself.......she isnt loosing weight because she's pregnant!!

But you arent! inches are just as good as lbs....stuff is shifting, means more lbs are in line to be gone! Keep up the great work!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #7  

[QUOTE=RobinW;2531873]I have to tell you, I read this all wrong the first 2x I read it. Im thinking to myself.......she isnt loosing weight because she's pregnant!!

QUOTE]

LMAO!!!! Noooooooooooo....those days are D-O-N-E for me! The 2 girls I've got is all I want God help me! LOL...

So I have a really stupid question...why is it that most LC plans allow for a NSA Fudgesicle which has 8g/carbs/40 cals but the chocolite bar that I have has 2g net carbs/30 calories is "bad"? I don't get it.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerKim View Post
So I have a really stupid question...why is it that most LC plans allow for a NSA Fudgesicle which has 8g/carbs/40 cals but the chocolite bar that I have has 2g net carbs/30 calories is "bad"? I don't get it.
I know SBD allows for NSA Fudgesicle's...BUT...SBD is NOT a LC plan.
As for the chocolite bars...well, my best guess is that they contain sugar alcohols which they deduct from the total carb count which is how they come up with the low net carb counts.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
I know SBD allows for NSA Fudgesicle's...BUT...SBD is NOT a LC plan.
As for the chocolite bars...well, my best guess is that they contain sugar alcohols which they deduct from the total carb count which is how they come up with the low net carb counts.
Thanks. No, ironically they have only 1g sugar alcohol but 6 grams of fiber. It's very confusing. Yeah...SBD is not low carb. I don't really follow a particular plan, I'm just trying to stay away from refined sugars and starches and keep my total carb intake under 50g/day because I find when I eat more grams than that I get wild fluctuations in my blood sugar levels and then the binges and cravings start.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerKim View Post
Thanks. No, ironically they have only 1g sugar alcohol but 6 grams of fiber. It's very confusing.
Ok, I'm going to confuse you even further Chocolite contains sorbitol, which is a sugar alcohol. They also contain oligofructose, which is used as an artifical or alternative sweetener and Erythritol which is a natural sugar alcohol. When I researched these bars...they contain 6 grams of sugar alcohol & 1 gram of fiber...the reason they are concluding them to have only 2 net carbs is because they are deducting sugar alcohols & fiber. They are claiming sugar alcohols do not affect blood sugar which...sounds like a bunch of donkey dust to me!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-07-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 PM   #11  

Thanks! Good info to know. I also plugged my daily food intake into FitDay and was shocked at how many calories I have been eating. While my carbs are within the range I would like them in, my caloric intake was about 2800 calories! OMG! So I found out how many calories I should be eating based on my stats and activity level and I tweaked my food intake today. I'll watch over the next few weeks to see if the caloric reduction helps (and doing away with my lovely chocolite bars).