Old 10-22-2008, 04:50 PM   #1  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Vegan restaurant = impossible?

Hey, you all!

So today is officially Day 10 on 20 grams a day... and I'm finally starting to feel that ketosis glow! Energy galore (I barely felt my 55 minute elliptical this morning) and I'm finally not hungry before bed!

But I fear Friday may be a roadblock for me. My roommate has offered to take me out with her family (it's parent weekend here at my college, but my parents are 5000 miles away) to this restaurant nearby that she loves. I readily accepted, because I live in quite a "bubble campus" and take any chance I can to get out, and I wouldn't turn such a nice invitation down anyway. Problem? The restaurant is vegan.

How do you handle these situations? I am just apprehensive because I'm worried that even one carb-filled meal could knock me right back off into glucosis, and I've worked SO hard to finally get here! =[ If I stay at 0 carbs all day, and then choose the lowest-carb option on the menu, do you think I'll be alright?
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

There are some decent vegan low carb options (not that I'm familiar with them), that have been discussed here, so if you post your question in the vegetarian forums, you might get some good suggestions.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Get a tofu dish.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 AM   #4  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Does the restaurant have a website? If so I would look into the dishes before you go, pick 2 things that look the best for your plan and then you'll be ready before you even get there
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

You might even call ahead and ask if they have any recommendations for low-carb eaters - many restaurants these days do.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It would depend on the restaurant. I go to a chinese vegan restaurant quite often and there are a ton of low carbish options. Low carb veggies, tofu, tofu skins, seitan (aka wheat gluten), etc are all good options.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #7  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Mmm, I think I found a tofu coconut curry I'm going to try... sans rice of course. I hope it's enough for me. But in any case it sounds delish! Coconut curry is a huuuuuge favorite of mine, but in my opinion it's always better with chicken. Hehe.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote