Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #1  

Default Hi Lolitas!

Hello, I didn't start the thread this week because it seems like the interest is dwindling, but I hate to just stop and not at least say Thanks to all the former posters who have been so supportive.

I read a lot about "zero carb" and "very low carb" on Jimmy Moore's discussion board and I've decided that this Induction (and I've had several over the last few months) I'll try the very low carb. Really, it's in the Atkins book for people who are very resistant to weight loss, but I know most of the Atkins people on this board will tell me to eat my vegetables.

I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks and then start adding back salad veggies. The only problem is going out to eat. Usually I just have a big salad with meat on it - most places have something like that, but few places have a plate of just meat on the menu. I told DD that we had to go to a buffet for our weekly lunch date tomorrow.

I'll report back in case any one is interested in how this works. Meanwhile, hello to all Lolitias and Angels, past and present! And thanks! Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Please don't leave Lynnie

Lynn, don't leave the chat. I'm still here plugging along...

Been kind of sick this week which is why I haven't posted. Tell me more about your new plan.
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #3  

Bigmomma, I'll be around, although I may not be quite as regular with posting. The new plan - based on the Chapter in DANDR about people who are resistant to weight loss - is mostly meat. I can't quite give up my two cups of coffee in the morning, but I have pretty much stopped my afternoon Diet Coke. I think I'm below 10 carbs a day and they are from the splenda and cream in the coffee and a little cheese. I don't plan to stay at this level very long, but I'm hoping to finally get into Ketosis this way.

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I amped up my exercise this week too, so I've been feeling pretty good, bu then I don't have little kids around very much. take care,
Old 10-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Hey ladies, sorry I've not been on this week. Laptop at home is giving me the scary blue screen of death, so I'm limited to my work laptop and I hate to do much personal surfing/emails on it. Hope everyone has a good week ,and Lynn, keep me posted on the super duper low carb WOE. Is it just meat or are you doing eggs and cheese? I'm curious to see if you lose more with fewer carbs.
I've not been very good this week, had a slipup Monday and Tuesday when I had company and they brought artichoke dip and BREAD and so I went down not even swinging, just stuffing bread in my mouth. Oh, and a coconut cream pie. ARGH. I'm struggling get back into ketosis even though I've been good under 25 or so a day since Wednesday. AND I've not been doing my exercise.
Planning on making chili tomorrow (no beans) so that should feed me for the weekend. I have no crackers in the house so that will be pretty low carb and filling.
Bigmomma, hope you get to feeling better!
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #5  

Hi Peng and Lynn, and 36 whereever you may be.

Hope you're all doing well. I'm ok. Down to 270 this am. Couldn't work out last week and not yet this week. Have two sick kids home with hubby today. I'm a very lucky girl.

Food is going ok. Getting sick of chicken and ground sirlion burgers. Gotta spice things up I guess.

Post soon ladies. Miss you guys
Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #6  

Default Tuesday

Hi Peng and Lynn, and 36 whereever you may be.

Hope you're all doing well. I'm ok. Down to 270 this am. Couldn't work out last week and not yet this week. Have two sick kids home with hubby today. I'm a very lucky girl.

Food is going ok. Getting sick of chicken and ground sirlion burgers. Gotta spice things up I guess.

Post soon ladies. Miss you guys
Old 10-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Hi everyone,

I know I've not been posting in...a while. Things have been really crazy lately and hopefully will get crazier! We're trying to work toward moving back to US.

Anyway...I'm probably not going to be posting every day like I used to (at least for a while) so I'm not going to lie and say I will.

What I can say is that I'm still plugging along. I'm still exercising...

I can RUN for an HOUR now! How great is that??!!

and I'm still eating healthy low carb. Trying to find the right balance now that I'm less than 20 lbs from goal. Yes I need to update my ticker but I'm down to 151.

Miss chatting with you all, hopefully things will die down some so I can have a bit of a breather soon. Hope everyone is doing well and you're all feeling great!
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #8  

Hi Suzanne, no one is posting as much as they used to, but that's O.K. 20 lbs from goal! Wow! Wish I could say that. I'm making progress though, so that's also O.K. Post when you can and good luck with your move.
Bigmomma, sorry to hear about sick kids and sirlion burgers. Hope it gets better for you!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #9  

Default Dreary day in NE Ohio

Hi Everyone,
Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining the other day. I decided to branch out and bought shrimp, ham (counting carbs) and pepperoni sticks. I think Friday I will also try and get some other sort of fish. Just to mix things up.

Nice to see you Suzanne, glad your program is working well.

Curious - what do you all use as your start weight? The highest weight you ever were, the most recent high, high pregnancy weight?

Have a great day all!

Mary
Old 10-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #10  

Hi everyone! Still doing ok and on plan. I made some yummy chicken fajitas the other night, and used low carb tortillas for a great low carb dinner. I'm so psyched to finally find a recipe for fajitas that actually tastes like restaurant fajita! Rained a lot today here in Nashville, FINALLY. We've gone without rain for about 6 weeks!
Congrats to snapless for being so close to goal! I'm so jealous of you being able to run for an hour. I have zero motivation for exercise. I mean ZERO.

Bigmomma, I started on Atkins in Feb 07, so that's the weight I used. I had been a little heavier but lost some from stress/depression. I lost from Feb to October, then maintained at 235 till the middle of July 08. Then went back to OWL and I'm down to 212-ish.
Ugh. I'm finally at my starting weight for my last "OMG I'm so FAT I have to lose weigt NOW!" diet back in 2000.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5" / Low Carb WOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmommacat View Post
Curious - what do you all use as your start weight? The highest weight you ever were, the most recent high, high pregnancy weight?
My highest weight of 200 in early May. I never got that high while pregnant...but I'm also almost 40 and my youngest child just turned 6.
snapless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #12  

Hi ladies! May I join in? I've been LCing (this time) for three weeks now and just hit 9 lbs. lost this morning. (That makes 27 lbs. total lost in the last 2 years) I won't lose for 2-3 days, and then wooshy off 3 lbs. over night. Go figure?! I'm a 2nd time LCer, first time losing 50 lbs. back in 2004 and then gaining it all back and then some by quitting smoking, getting pregnant and then BFing. Yes, I gained weight while BFing!

Nice to meet you all!

Oh, and I use my highest weight ever, which happens to be the day my son was born. 297 (although I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually more, because that weight was from my last appt at the midwife, a week before I went into labor!)

Last edited by MamaMia; 10-11-2008 at 01:07 PM.
MamaMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM   #13  

Hi MamaMia! Welcome and congrats on the great weight loss! Nice to meet you!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #14  

Welcome MamaMia! Great to have you here. I'm also using my highest recorded weight before delivering last bambino.

Ok day here. TOM is coming. I was up two this morning. I'm not going to stress...

Have a great night all!
Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #15  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapless View Post
I can RUN for an HOUR now! How great is that??!!

I can't even imagine that, lol. Congratulations!

(Hope no one minds my popping in.)

Last edited by callystia; 10-28-2008 at 05:04 PM.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote