Old 09-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Lolitas/Angels week of 9/15

Let's pray for a good week. Yesterday and this am haven't been so good. My DH closed the van door on DS's hand. He is fine, we found out after three hrs in the ER. This am we found out my FIL lost his job. My weight was 279 this am. I'm hoping for a whoosh (loss) when TOM is over (started yesterday). Did make it to the gym this am b and did weight training wven though I didn''t want to do anything. Hope everyone is having a great day!
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #2  

Good morning, I stopped by yesterday and saw the new thread, but never did return to post on it. Sorry about that.

We had a crummy weekend. Big storm Saturday night and our power was out from then until Monday afternoon. In fact I left work early on Monday to go home and throw out stuff in my freezer. I saved most of the meat - it was in the chest freezer so still pretty frozen, but all the bags of frozen veggies got tossed. I'll need to get to the grocery store one of these days.

DH officially gave up low carbing on Sunday night. We ate out because of the lack of electric and he had a burger (with bun) fries (!) and a large beer. He just won't listen to me! I had already told him that he could move on from induction and eat some more carbs and have the occasional drink as long as it was a sugar free mixer. But he's totally giving up. Although I guess I won't fix him any high carb stuff. Dinner last night was the meat that accidently thawed (pork chops, burgers and chicken! Lots of leftovers this week!), and fresh broccoli. I didn't even give him a bun for the burgers. Luckily, DD16 came in much later looking to "carb load" for todays cross country meet. I made her some pasta and didn't mention it to DH.

I stayed OP, except I do eat more on weekends because I can (I guess). I had a salad with grilled chicken when we ate out. The worst thing for me is snacking on cheese when I'm home on weekends. I know I overdo it, but sometimes you just need a snack!

So things are back to normal now except I have company coming this coming weekend and I didn't get much cleaning done in the dark on Sunday. I'll have to do it after work this week.

Hey, Bigmomma. Glad your son's hand is all right. Nothing like a few hours in the ER to waste a weekend, right?
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #3  

Default Anyone watching Biggest Loser premier?

Biggest Loser premier is tonight. I'm excited. Its a real motivator for me. I should also have my new smartphone. Right now I have a motoQ and it is junk. I'm on my second in two and a half yrs and it needs replaced again. So I bought a PPC 6700 on ebay. Hopefully it will be better. Sometimes I use it to post here (like now). Sunday night I wrote a post and lost it because of this.

Anyway still TOM but scale came downt to 277.

Sorry to hear about your Husband Lynn.. He's got to get to the point where he wants it like you do. My Hubs needs to as well but I'm taking the lead by example approach.

Peng - So sorry I must have just missed you last week or simupost. Welcome! Hope to see you more often.

Anyone else to come - have a great night!!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Hi Bigmomma! thanks for the warm welcome! Glad your son's hand is ok, but wooow spending time in an ER is just maddening anyway you do it! Hopefully this week will be a better one for you.

Not much new going on here - I live in Nashville so had to put up with some crazy weather from Ike over the weekend. No major damage, just some branches, lawn furniture, etc. blowing over. Did not exercise. At all. Like, I got mad when I had to get off the couch! I need to get my mojo back for my treadmill, but I feel like we're on a "break" right now. I'm going to force myself back on for 30 mins tonight. Ugh. I keep waiting for the "I love to exercise, I can't wait to do it, I feel empty if I don't" stuff to hit me, but I've not gotten there yet. For now, it is something to suffer through.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #5  

Hi Pengbear, I've been exercising regularly for a long time and I've never "felt empty without it". In fact, I think it will always be a chore - not a really awful one but not fun either. However I have reached the point where I know I feel better because of it. I believe I can trace some of my assorted aches and pains to NOT exercising when I miss. I also believe that exercise has literally saved me from injury in recent years. There have been a couple of times when I fell and didn't get hurt. The worst one was when we were hiking - out of cell phone range, a mile from the road - and I slipped going down hill and landed with one leg going the wrong direction. I think being somewhat flexible saved me from a lot of pain and suffering. I'm not quite old enuf to stop hiking, etc. because of a fear of falling, but I can't afford the time off work for a long recovery either. I totally credit regular exercise, including serious stretching, for keeping me going.
I always exercise with a book. I use an old fashioned eliptical- the kind where you don't move your arms. (I tried to get books loaded on my mp3 player but never did get it to work). 20-30 mins of uninterrupted reading is another good incentive to exercise.
DH found the leftover pasta last night so my plan to force him into low carb eating has failed. Oh well. The beer would have ruined it anyway. I need to figure out something all three of us can eat tonight. We don't have meals together very often these days. I may make tacos for them and put mine on lettuce. And then I have got to do the cleaning! See ya,
Old 09-17-2008, 02:44 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnar View Post
I may make tacos for them and put mine on lettuce.
I do this quite often. Sunday is Burrito or Taco night at my house - not every Sunday, but often enough that my nieces named it. LOL. Anyway, what I do is put some of the taco fixings on a salad. I don't feel deprived and I can enjoy a meal with the family.

Oh...and try not to fret too much about your husband. The one thing I've realized is that you can't force anyone to change - they have to be willing to do it on their own. He'll come around. Once he sees your success, he'll likely want to join in I know for myself, people all around me made friendly suggestions that I lose weight. It wasnt until I really realized that I was a carb addict that I decided to go low carb. But that had to come from me.

I'd love my family to join me. I think they eat far too much junk, but I cant force it on anyone or even suggest it - it's up to them.

Last edited by 36LFS; 09-17-2008 at 02:52 PM.
36LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #7  

Welcome 36LFS. One of these days you'll have to tell us what your "handle" means.

I've been "encouraging" my husband to lose weight for a long, long time, but it's his choice. If I nag him enuf, I can get him on some kind of eating plan while I'm around, but I know he cheats as soon as I turn my back. He made the decision a long time ago that he would rather enjoy food and drink than live a longer, healthier life. It's really a pretty selfish attitude.

It's hard to convince him that he can enjoy low carb when it doesn't include beer or his favorite baked potatoes. If he gave it a fair chance maybe he would come around, but he didn't even make it all the way through induction. He was cheating the first week! And gave up completely before he finished week 2. I even gave him special dispensation to cut Induction a couple of days short!

The taco meal worked out all right. Tonight will probably be fish since DD won't be home and she doesn't eat fish. I've been putting it on my little Sunbeam grill (Like a George Foreman) with lemon, garlic and butter. I'd love to have a sauce, but I haven't figured out a quick, low carb sauce. I don't have anything to thicken a sauce in my kitchen (except - OMG - flour). I'll have to figure that out some other time.

I still have a bunch of cleaning to do for the company arriving on Friday. So after my yummy fish feast, I'll have to get back to work. I don't like doing house work at night. Doesn't seem fair!! But it needs to get done.

I'm still missing the old LC group. Now we've lost Snapless too and only a drive by from Calmie. Wish I knew where everyone was!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #8  

My handle is simple -

36 is my age. And LFS means Last Fat Summer. It was too long to use as a log in name so I shortened it.

I miss out on a lot during the summer because of my weight - more so because I'm embarrassed by it so I tend to stay home and hibernate.

I can understand your husband not wanting to give up certain foods. I'm a potato fanatic and made mashed potatoes this weekend, but avoided them. I was proud of myself for that. Yesterday was a hard day. My sister in law was showing me all the lovely snacks she bought the kids - I was SO tempted to eat a Wagonwheel [chocolate covered marshmallow cookie]. I took it out of the box, looked at it, put it back, took it out again, put it back and shut the cupboard. Out of sight..out of mind!

Last edited by 36LFS; 09-18-2008 at 12:14 PM.
36LFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #9  

Way to go! I think if I got to the point of taking a cookie out of the box, it'd be all over for me. Sometimes just knowing that it's in the house makes it a foregone conclusion. I find myself thinking, "I know I'm going to eat it sooner or later. Let's cut all the drama and just eat it!" Luckily for me, it's not sweets that are my biggest temptation and I can keep them out of the house pretty easily since my kids are grown up. But I found myself thinking about beef jerky the other day as if it was the "Food of the Gods". That's kinda bad.... I knew at the time that beef jerky isn't an induction food, but I ate some anyway...
Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #10  

Great job, 36LFS for not giving into temptation! Unfortunately I slid here at dinner. I have been in ketosis for the last 2 months with the exception of Labor Day weekend. (Had to have the corn on the cob) But that was a planned off-plan couple days, and I've been doing so good! But a friend came over with a calzone to split, and I gave in. I ate most of the bread, although I did pick over the big doughy ends to limit the damage. But I'm not so bothered that I'm probably out of ketosis, but I'm aggravated that now the crazy cravings are going to start. I'm so mad. I'm trying really hard to get down to under 200, and I'm only about 15 lbs away, but stunts like this are not going to help. ARGH!!!!

It's like I'm Charlie Brown, and I want to kick the football, but instead of Lucy pulling it away from me, I EAT the stupid thing! And I have no one to blame but myself.

Oh well. At least I'm not falling into my old habits of, Day's shot, might as well make the screwup worthwhile so now I'll eat EVERYTHING in sight. And tomorrow is another day.

Last edited by pengbear; 09-18-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #11  

Default Ah it's finally Friday

Hi There Peng, Lynn and 36, Welcome 36Do you know what happened to everyone Lynn? Did they change plans? I'm sorry I haven't posted. It's been insane here at work and I'm trying to get my new phone situated at home. Scale said 275.4 this am. I'm not supposed to eat nuts on my plan and I've been have a serving or two. I need to cut it out. I did do two days of weights this week and so far one day of cardio. I need to do more cardio this week still.

Not sure if we're camping this weekend or not. Sunday I want to take the kids to the orchard to pick apples. Izzy (DD) has not been there yet.

Have a good day all! BBL
Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #12  

I was thinking about apple picking the other day! That was an annual event for us when we lived in Indiana and had three little kids. I think we had youngest DD there when she was a toddler! When we moved south, we tried once or twice, but the apples are different and the season is real early. It's just not the same. Honestly, I don't miss Indiana very much, but I do miss apple picking. The weather today would be perfect, if only we had decent apples!!

I wish I knew where all the old LC'ers are! It seemed like a bunch of them stopped posting about the same time and I have no idea why. I wonder if they've just moved to a different board or something? But we're growing again with new posters all the time so that's a good thing.

I think I am out of ketosis right now. In fact, this is week three of induction and I never did get a positive keystix reading. And today, I'm hungry! and that's not a good sign. Yesterday I had lunch at a buffet place. It was mostly induction friendly, but I did have a peice of breaded catfish. I just wanted to taste it, you know, but it was a big taste. Other than that I've been pretty good. My ticker is no longer lying so I'm thinking I lost about four pounds in 2 and a half weeks on induction including a few slip ups. I wish it was more, but it's my own fault for things like tasting breaded catfish.

Busy weekend coming up. Company coming and DD16 has a cross country meet and seems to really want us there. It's an hour drive so I'd skip it if she wasn't so sure she wanted us. I'm not much of a sports-mom. I'll try to stay OP, everyone wish me luck!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #13  

Hey everyone, done pretty good staying on plan today. Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #14  

Default the nuts are winning

My weight was 276 this am. Boo hooo.... I was hoping for a whoosh. No more nuts. And I hardly drank any water. I did measure myself this am and I've lost over 2.5 inches in each bust, waist and hips. So i shouldn't complain, right? I guess I'm just impatient. I tried that cauliflower pizza yesterday. I don't think I spread the crust out enough or cooked it long enough. It was okay. Kind of got rid of my pizza craving. I also made riceless stuffed cabbage, which was good. How was everyone's weekend? Have a great day all!