Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #1  

Default Lolitas/Angels 9/8

Good Monday Morning,
I've been to the gym and now I'm at work with wet hair and no make up! I'll get up to speed soon. We had a pretty uneventful weekend and stayed pretty much on plan. We even had dinner on the pontoon boat on Saturday without beer! That's a big step. DH stayed OP too which I find surprising - really good, but surprising. We did overeat on Saturday. All Atkins friendly, but too much of it. We started with shrimp on the boat and then ate our salads and grilled steaks (we grill on our pontoon boat - instead of skiing or tubing, we just eat!). But it was just the two of us so we ended up coming in early and then snacking while we watched T.V. Too much cheese! And the left over steak and some celery. We were better Sunday. DH said he went to a meeting and they served a dip that had hamburger and cream cheese in it, so he just ate the dip without any chips. I can picture him licking it off his fingers...but he said he ate it with a fork.

I'm only down two pounds and this day 6, so that's not great. Also, I don't feel like I'm in Ketosis and the sticks aren't turning either. I always have this problem. A couple of times in the past, I've cut way back on veggies to make sure I get into ketosis, but then I feel crummy (lack of fiber). So, I don't know what I'll do this time. The only other thing I can give up to cut more carbs is my morning coffee with cream and splenda and I really, really don't want to give that up. Except for Saturday, I've kept the cheese to a minimum this time. One salad a day with blue cheese dressing and grilled chicken, left over protein for breakfast (cold pork chop this morning) and something grilled for dinner. Usually, the salad is the only vegetable, although sometimes I snack on celery. So there's not much else to cut. I stay under 20 carbs - except maybe Saturday with two salads and too much cheese. I guess I'll just keep trying.

Hope we get lots of people checking in this week!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Tuesday not Friday???

I'm going to try and post without any whinning. Went back to the gym today. Yay me! I'm not feeling 100% but am trying to ignore it. I'm really hungry today, don't know why. Seems weird. Hope everyone is having a great day!
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #3  

Hey Bigmomma, go ahead and whine. It doesn't seem like there's anyone around to read it anyway! Some days are just hungrier than others, you know? It may not mean anything.
Hello out there! Any low carbers around??
I'm still at 236 even though my ticker says less. I gained about four pounds over the summer and am still at negative two for this induction. I'll change the ticker one of these days.
I've got to run home and grill burgers and then run back for the first PTO meeting I've attended in years. I usually pay my dues, but I don't show up very often because usually PTO's meet in the day time. But my DD is at a brand (just opened) new school so I felt inspired to do my part as a parent. At least it will keep me from snacking tonight!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:09 PM   #4  

Lynnar - Good for you doing your community service!!! I've found that being involved in the PTO/PTA/Booster Club at school is the BEST way to really find out what is going on there! Too many don't go to the meetings since they think they will get roped into volunteering for something BUT most of the time that just isn't true! And face it: will your kids tell you ANYTHING that is going on at school? Not too likely and it gets worse at they get older!

Changing gears: I'm very sad about what has happened to our nice little corner of the LC world. We were clipping along with a nice sized group, getting/giving support and then it all blew-up and we've been scattered and it has never been the same. *sigh* Can you tell that I don't do change well?

I AM glad to report that I've lost a few lbs. (due to the stresses of moving - not the best way to go and I DON'T recommend it!) and have been really getting my snacking and food choices under control since. I feel good going into fall with the pitfalls of the holidays looming on the horizon. I'm determined to maintain where I am or even continue to lose a few. It really feels soooo good to have control. I feel so hopeless/helpless when I am deep in carb addiction and can't seem to get a handle on it. ("Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!" - love that commercial and that voice always replays in my head when I go to the dark place [carb indulge ****])

So hang in there, Lynn. Hopefully some of our chicks will find their way back to us - in the meantime, just keep on keepin' on!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #5  

Hey Kel, it's been a while! Glad you're back. I don't really understand what happened to our little community, but I'm hoping some of us find their way back. I keep thinking it's me, but I can see that there's little posting going on on other threads in both the Atkins and Low carb forums. But why not???
I was glad I went to the PTO meeting. I met a couple of moms that I knew back when DD was much younger and I was happy to re-connect, and I did find out all kinds of stuff about the school that I would never have known. And I signed up to help with the homecoming float and then told DD16 that we were going to do it together whether she liked it or not. It was kind of a not, but I'll have fun anyway.
Today is my official Weigh In Day - from years of Weight Watchers - and I'm down another pound, so I almost weigh what my ticker says! It would be nice to be down another five or twelve pounds, but I'll take even a little bit of progress. Luckily, I haven't been that hungry and that makes it so much easier to stay OP. I just now finished my lunch (after 2 p.m.!). Back in my weight watchers day I'd be eating pencils if I didn't get my lunch on time.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 284/207/165

Height: 5 ft 3

Hello low carb ladies! May I join your chat? I'm new to 3FC but have been on Atkins since Feb 07.
I took off 8 months for maintenance (because dangit i need to learn how to STAY at a consistent weight) and just started back to Atkins in July. I generally stay under 30 carbs a day, and it works for me. I'm pleased that this time around it's sticking and I've learned how to do low carb long term.

Hope you all have a great night!

Last edited by pengbear; 09-10-2008 at 08:46 PM.
pengbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #7  

Hi Pengbear! Welcome! We need all the carbers we can get. It's nice to hear about people doing low carb long term. That's the path I hope to take and I don't think it will be that difficult. I seem to have pretty stubborn weight though and I don't lose unless I stay under 20 carbs a day. That's a little hard, but not impossible.

My husband is supposed to be on induction too, but I got home last night and found him drinking wine with a neighbor. Then he told me he had salad and meatloaf at a buffet place for lunch today. He pretended to be surprised that meatloaf wasn't on the list, but come on. Everyone knows there's bread in meatloaf! The most frustrating thing is that he's losing more weight than I am!!!! 8 pounds to my 3 in a week and a day of induction. I'd like to slap him!!!

Where are you Bigmommacat? Hope all is well with you! have a good night!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hi All!!! I'm back. Been taking care of mom after she had surgery and then my dad got sick too. They both are 80 so it has been a stresser. Haven't really been off plan but looking forward to touching base with everyone again.

TS
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 315/197/148

Height: 5'6"

Default Here I am

Not much new to report here. Scale was up 4 lbs this am. Don't think its a real gain. TOM is coming soon and I bet thats it. Think we're going camping Saturday. Looking forward to it. Kids start swimming lessons Saturday morning. Yes, I will be in the pool with DD age 1. Not looking forward to being in swimsuit in public but I'm doing all I can to change and I refuse to stop living because of my size. My friends are shocked when I tell them I am uncomfortable in public in swimwear, they say I seem unaffected. Goes to show that appearances are sometimes deceiving. Nighty night lo-carb chickies

Sorry almost forgot to say Welcome new chicks and welcome back chicks who were not here for awhile!

Last edited by FitMommaCat; 09-11-2008 at 10:24 PM.
FitMommaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:51 AM   #10  

Thank you ladies for the welcome! I weighed this morning and am down about 3 lbs since Sunday. I love eating low carb most of the time, but the last couple days I've been so BORED I really had to fight the urge to order in pizza. I'm on my cycle, so the cravings usually lessen near the end but I'm really struggling to hang in there. The low carb recipes for pizza are just doing nothing for me.

I live by myself so while cooking, shopping, etc are easier for me, there's also no one to keep me occupied while these cravings hit. I look forward to TOM leaving and taking those cravings with it!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 AM   #11  

Calmie! I'm so glad to see you. I was wondering where you had gotten to. Sorry to hear about your parents. I know from my own experience how hard that is, so extra congrats on staying on plan.

Bigmommacat, I have a swimming lessons story for you. When DD16 was ready for her first "mom and me" swimming lessons, I sent her with Dad. She's our youngest so I thought it was his turn plus I was working evenings back. It was an eight week course and I found out when it was over that he never got into the water. He used to sit on the side of the pool and look helpless and one of the other moms would take her away from him. I was so mad when I found that out! DD was scared of the water back in the day. Now she's a lifeguard (and kind of a snot - but that's the 16 year old in her).

Pengbear - sometimes I fantasize about cooking just for me! Especially during cross country season when I really do feel an obligation to provide carbs for the 16 y.o. I came soooo close to checking the macaroni and cheese by tasting it the other night. I love Mac and Cheese, but I held out. It is nice to cook for them when they actually like the food and it's healthy too, but that's kind of unusual with my family. They tend to like the bad stuff. Well, I guess everyone likes the bad stuff at times which is why we're all here supporting each other.

I had one of my favorite dinners last night. I was working late and needed something fast, so I bought a prepared brisket. It's expensive, but there was plenty for me and DH and my breakfast and still lots of left overs. Yum!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Pengbear, have you ever tried the cauliflower crust pizza?? Yeah, yeah I know...cauliflower ...but, its actually really, really good!!!
http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Ca...ts-Wow-in-Gold

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #13  

Lynnar, I will admit, living by myself has it's upsides. I only have to shop for one, so I don't have to buy off plan foods. I only cook for one so I don't have to make mac and cheese or mashed potatoes or cookies or anything like that. When I dieted before, it was a very different experience cooking for my husband and me. And he loved to eat more than I did, so a lot of the, "try it, one bite won't hurt" type stuff was said.

Kim - embarrasingly enough, no, i've not tried the cauliflower pizza crust. This diet has made me get so creative with adapting regular foods to be low carb (the quiche type crusts, etc) but for some reason I cannot wrap my head around the cauliflower. I don't really care for it for one thing, but for another, it just doesn't seem RIGHT and so I can't bring myself to experiment with it. Weird, huh?

Hope all you guys have a great weekend!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to let you know that I still around,but Left WW as I gained all the weight I lost back again..

GRAIN CARBS was the downfall,I really have to watch my carbs by going low carbing again. Going for a sugar blood test on the 20th of this month. My sister is a pre-diabetic and I might be also,so this is the route that I have to be on and I shouldn't take any more detours.

Leo's cancer treatments are only until 10/14 when he has his catscan to see if the cancer is gone.Praying that it done once and for all.

Hope you all are in the best of health and losing nicely.

Hugs
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #15  

Beachie, nice to "see" you again! The boards are nowhere near as active as they used to be and I'm missing alot of the old timers! Hope they drop by every now and then.

I'm definitely staying with Low Carb, in fact right now I'm doing "Very Low Carb" but only for a while. Once I get a good start I'll ease back to more traditional Atkins. I believe this will work. I had no success on WW.

I'll be thinking of you and Leo and the beach.... Take care!