Old 06-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #1  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Default Lolitas on a mission: June 16th - 22nd

Well, it's Monday in Bangkok so I'm starting the new thread,ladies. Hope you're all well?

I'm taking my first day off work in 2 years, as the side effects of yesterday's tetanus jab are still with me (severe gastrointestinal distress, although the vomitting and the dizziness and sheer bloody misery has backed off. But my tummy is still not happy at all).

On the plus side, though, this morning is my WI day and I'm FINALLY down to 198!

One-der-land! I have lost 3 stone (42lb)! I am made of awesome!

...if only I didn't feel so thoroughly wretched.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Fay-congrats on making it to One-der-land. I remember how excited I was when I got there last time. I'm wondering if I'll ever see it again at this point. I must have missed what happened with the tetanus shot but I'll go back and read. First rabies shots, now tetanus. It's never boring in your world, that's for sure.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #3  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

YAAAAAY FAY!!!

Awesomeness. Gosh,I haven't been there in soooo long either petra! Definitely heading that way . . . motivated by my health scare always helps!

Have A Great Monday ALL!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #4  

Wow Fay, you're an inspiration to us!!! It's nice to know that it's possible! And what is with the Tetanus? Is that for same dog bite? I didn't know it would make a person sick, but then I'm probably decades out of date with my shots.
Aud, That's a pretty bad health scare. Is it all for sure are you waiting on more tests?
Petra, I went back to last week and saw where your dogs enjoyed some tortillas. Our big spoiled lab loves all bread products! We actually had to buy a plastic bread box to keep some for ourselves. I can't count the number of empty, slightly shredded plastic bags I've found in the kitchen. She usually doesn't get sick-at least that we know about.
So, we spent the weekend driving 11 hours each way to pick up a used car. I really love the car and I guess it'll end up being mine! Dh wants it, but I drive more miles and it gets better gas mileage -the reason we bought it. It's a Honda civic, very cute! So DD16 gets my little station wagon, but I kind of hate to give it up. It's the perfect soccer mom car and I hate that my kids are so old, I'm not a soccer mom anymore. I know, I'm a little crazy. DD16 doesn't want a soccer mom car, but there's no way she's getting the new car! Ahh, the complex neogotiations of teens with cars.
DH and I were gone all weekend, but both DD23 and DS21 were at the house to use the boat and the camping equipment. DD16 was in and out too, although she was staying with friends. We got home Sunday night and there were four or five cars in the drive of the "empty" house. The neighbors don't what to think.
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #5  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Yeah, the tetanus jab was still in relation to the dog bite - I had my final rabies shot (it's a course of 5 or 6 spread over a month or 2) and that was my 2nd of the 3 tetanus jabs. The first time I had one, just after The Bite Incident, there was NO problem. This time around...well, it felt like having a killer hangover AND food poisoning simultaneously. Not my best day ever.
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Default Go Fay!!!!

Lovebug you are doing terrific!!!! I'm so happy for you. I just got home and opened the thread and it made my day. Sorry about your tetnus and rabies things. HOWEVER...maybe they are assisted with the trip to onederland (she says ever hopeful casting an eye up towards the heavens with a great big smile).

O.K. so, not being one to whine, but I think I will. I have the AC down to 68 here and I am sweating bullets. I know...it is the meds but lordy. I look like I just took a dip in a pool. Well, make that a scummy pond since I don't have that fresh and clean, just tossed my luscious locks over my shoulder, look that you get when you leap out of the pool.

Still feeling good though. Got to enjoy father's day with my mom, dad, sister and DH and DD. My Dad was so cute. He gave me a tomato plant that he seeded (since I grow one in the front yard each year) and a bunch of cedar that he cut into 2 foot lengths to put in my pantry shelves (I have been unable to clear the scourge of the pantry moths even though everything is sealed within an inch of its life and I have scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with orange esscence and everything else I can think of). He swears it will work.

Hope everyone is doing well. Nothing new to report except that I got into my size 16s (somehow I skipped right over the 18s) and we seem to have adopted a cat that got dumped. It is so shy and cried pitifully under several cars on the street for a few days. We started feeding it and giving it water under a parked car everyday and gradually moved the bowls up to the front porch along with a nice bed. It will now be petted and comes running for the morning and evening feed. Poor little thing.

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 PM   #7  

Hello, I hate it when the threads are quiet. Isn't anyone else as bored as I am? I forgot that I have a late meeting tonight and didn't bring dinner. Lunch was a salad with chicken, but I'm already starting to get hungry and I won't be home until 9:30 or 10. I guess I'm off to the grocery store for supplies, but I'm finally sick of rotissere chicken!
Size 16 SIC? I'm jealous. Especially since my 18's are hurting me right now!
Fay, sorry you have more of the jabs ahead of you. That must be a very uncomfortable feeling.
So, I'm thinking about murdering my husband. When I was traveling with DH, we stopped at a Burger King (his choice) and he wanted to order a double whopper and give me one hamburger patty. He says, "then you won't have to throw half your food away." It bothered him that I had ordered a hamburger and threw away the bun the day before.
But there's more to the story. I had packed a huge salad and some grilled chicken to bring, but we left from my work on Friday so he had to pack the car. He managed to get the salad into the cooler as instructed, but he didn't bother to bring the bag with the plates, napkins and silverware or my blue cheese salad dressing. So I wasn't really happy about eating a hamburger patty for lunch that day and then he has the nerve to nag me about throwing away the white bread bun. Geez!
What really bugs me is that I don't believe it was entirely an accident. I tend to overpack and he hates that. So sometimes I think he chooses to leave stuff behind just to make a point, but I don't pack so that one bag can be left behind. All the silverware and plates were in that one bag and eating salad with your fingers in a moving car isn't my idea of a good meal. Especially without the salad dressing. i ended up eating the chicken and throwing away the greens.
I'm off to forage for food. See you all later
Old 06-17-2008, 10:08 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

fay that is awesome! go you!

i have weigh in on friday. eek!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hiya lynnie! I'm around just so sleep deprived! Work is super crazy. No test results yet - still waiting for the blood work to get back.

Not sure if we've "met" readyfreddy? Sure do enjoy reading your Posts!

Is it the weekend yet?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Hi aud Nice to "meet ya"
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #11  

Feels like friday to me, except that I actually have a week's worth of work to do. It's been one of THOSE weeks. But I'm driving my new car so that's worth a little celebration!
Aud, let us know about your test results. Hopefully it'll be good news!
Hope everyone else is healthy and staying OP. See ya
Old 06-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #12  

I've been having a few days of rebellion. I haven't been eating junk but I've been refusing to keep my journal or come here. I think I just got fed up with trying so hard and not losing any weight. I know I'm only hurting myself....blah, blah, blah.

I'm getting my hardwood floor. They originally delivered the wrong wood but they corrected that pretty quickly. One of the workers who was here for a few days isn't crazy about dogs and didn't like my shepherd. I've had to lock her in a crate in my bedroom. They have a fair amount of wood down at this point so I can tell what it is going to look like. It is nice. My concrete slab is a little uneven and they need to fix that today which will slow them down some.

Speaking of my shepherd, for those of you who remember all the health problems I had with her, you won't believe this. I took her for her annual check up this week and she has hook worms. She has probably had them since I got her and that has likely been a big part of her problem-maybe not all. It is probably why she can't gain weight despite eating more calories than I do every day. Now I have to get Kobe checked to see if he has them too although he hasn't been sick and he certainly isn't losing any weight and I have to treat my backyard. Fortunately, I don't walk around in my yard in barefeet because of the fireants or I would likely have it by now too. Maybe that's one way to get the scale to move-only joking.

Lynn-yes, my lab loves La Tortilla factory tortillas. He ate 4 packages of them within 1 week. I now keep them in the pantry with the door closed. He never ate the Mission brand so these must smell better.

I'll try not to be MIA anymore. Doesn't serve any constructive purpose.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

My Brothers Lab is famous for bread-eating escapades! Bro has a little campground not too far from the bar and this dog-Pokey-is FAMOUS for rummaging thru campers gear and loping off with a loaf of bread in his mouth! (Bypassing packs of brats/steaks/pork steaks/burgers!)
Old 06-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #14  

Maybe it is a Labrador specific trait.

I'm back to keeping my journal. I decided to not worry about the percentages of fat/protein/carb and just track the calories. I know, a little wierd on a low carb board but I think calories are really my issue. I'm still eating low glycemic. I'm doing pretty good today. Also planning to go to yoga tonight.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

How'd your w/i go readyF? I'm boycotting scalesat the moment, if ya know what I mean. Just so bummed that the medical scale where I've w/i for years at work bit the dust . . . they've got an electronic one that gives ya a different # each time you step on it now.Grrrrr

ok auddie - quit sweating the small stuff!

WTG on the skipping size 18 scalmie!

Your dh sounds a LOT like mine lynnie! After a lot of the "forgot the plates" "these croutons won't hurt ya" type crap - I seriously had/have started to look on his behavior as a passive aggressive control issue - large and small saboteur for me.

Am I right or wrong here petra???

Might do a 5k today once I wake up . . . Happy Saturday All!