Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #91  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

calm, you wouldn't be envious of my workout tonite. My gym workout turned into a 2 hr. nap on my couch. I was having some nausea and diarrhea and decided to stay home. I felt a little better after dinner and ended up just walking 1.5 miles on my treadmill. I could have done more, but I keep telling myself that I'll hit the gym tomorrow for my UBWO and cardio both. For some unknown reason my tummy has been a little sick. I hope I am not coming down with something. I feel like I'm dehydrated and can't get enough to drink.

Robin, glad you felt better after the little cry. It makes me feel better sometimes too. So that man was flirty with ya, WTG.

My son left for his Army Drill tonite and will be back Sunday. He has 3 days drills every weekend now before going Active Duty on Feb. 9th. With this plus his job, I feel like I never hardly see him. I miss him already!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Lily: Maybe you are sressed and its effecting your tummy? Nothing gets me more depressed than my baby growing up. Looks like we were both early birds. I fell asleep at 9 but woke up at 11:30 and could not get back to sleep. I also feel a little sick to my stomach. I tried 1/2 hour on the exercise bike, two episodes of Will and Grace, 1/2 hour in the hot tub, relaxation clips on Youtube, herbal tee and reading. It is 2:51 a.m. right now. I thought I would check the board and give snoozin' another shot. I hope yor feel better later on in the a.m.
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:35 AM   #93  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Um, hi there?

This is me delurking - I'm new to the forum, and new to Atkins, but you all seem like a very nice bunch of people and it's really encouraging to see the progress people have made - and also to read about people having similar concerns and problems!

Marie - I meant to ask: where abouts in Egypt did you go? I'm assuming Cairo, if you went into a pyramid - did you get down to Luxor too? And I hope you had fun?
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #94  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

OMG its cold here this morning. I can almost feel the wind whipping thru the house!!

Broadabroad~ I think you'll like it here

Im feeling quite a bit better this morning. I didnt get my workout in last night, but I did get a big pot of low carb soup made, and some muffins for hubby. It felt good

Im still eating 100%, and water intake is still very good. Just need to climb up on the treadmill.

Off to make more coffee, then get hubby dressed Have a wonderful day ladies!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #95  

Welcome Broad! Hope everyone has a fine, fine day. Here are my goals today:

1. Don't slap the S&*^ out of client.
2. Don't pick at that humongous zit (I feel like I should put traffic cones around it).
3. Stay on plan.
4. Try to be positive.

ox
SC
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #96  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

calm, hope you finally got some sleep. I did although my younger lab. crawled in bed with us and we just let her stay there. It may be stress that is causing my tummy upset, but I do feel OK this morning. I plan to get a gym workout today while DH goes to get a haircut. I had planned on sleeping in late but my doggies needed walked, so I bundled up and did that. I'm sure I looked quite a site. I had on my PJ's, then DH's sleep pants over my clothes, then a hooded sweat shirt with DH's thick camo jack on top of it all. LOL, this is one good thing about living in the country. It's 20 degrees here and I hate to feel cold.

Broad, welcome to our forum. Glad you came out of lurkdom and joined us. Post often so we can all get to know you.

Robin, LC stew sounds good. I need to learn how to make that.

My goals today:
1. eat on plan
2. get my gym workout done
3. dress in something I think I look great in
4. sing my butt off at Karaoke tonite
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #97  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Welcome broadabroad! (Such a cute nickname you have!) You're right about this being a nice bunch of people. I'm a newbie myself and I really love this board.

stayincalm - I think I may go to the notebook idea for a while and see how it goes. I wish there was a FitDay specifically for low carb-ers, maybe that would make me feel better!

As for me.. I've come to the decision that I need to make my bf take the scale away from me (not the first time) and since TOM is imminent in a couple days I may skip my week 2 weigh-in until next Tuesday. Can I live without my scale for a week and a half (I'm such a scale whore!)? I think I really need to though. I almoast had an F-It moment on my way to work (Evil DUNKIN DONUTS!), but I've made that decision too many times and I won't make it again!

Wish me luck!!!

I like the idea of listing my goals for today (thanks stayincalm and lilybelle):
- eat on plan!
- not kill bosses for yelling all day
- avoid scale like the plague
- do something with rats nest I call hair so I don't look hideous for my own birthday tomorrow

Last edited by CrabbyCakes; 01-18-2008 at 10:56 AM.
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #98  

Lily: Your goals are better than mine. I said I would be positive but my goals were kind of negative. I need to take a leaf from your book. Heres to you looking totally hot tonight and singing "Crazy" better than Pasty Cline ever could.

Crabby: I am so with you girl. Due to my zit and crankiness and boob ache, I know TOM is coming in the next few days. I still got on that damn scale this morning. It was up two pounds. I KNEW better. I'm not freakin' as much as I could have though. I think I need to put it away for a week so I'm not tempted to do the daily thing.
P.S. You are lovely. I don't think you could look hideous if you tried.

Have a terrifc day everyone.

SC
Old 01-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #99  
Somethin's gotta give

Welcome broadabroad!- cute name- so Im assuming you are abroad? ( er...in the travel sense.) We started in Cairo and outer areas and then had a few flights and saw temples in Luxor, Edfu, Com ombo, Philae, Dandara, Giza etc...it was 2 days on land in Cairo then a 9 day nile tour and 2 days back in Cairo at the end. Fun? Well it was very different than the US- I was really glad I went and glad I saw what I saw, but if you've been there ( sounds like you have) you know Egypt is not a place you "hang out" for the atmosphere.

Robin- Can I ask what kind of shop you have? I have a very tiny one- sell Victorian Antiques and mourning items- not a great money maker and Im thinking of going totally internet.

They have treats in our lounge every friday and this week it was the cafeteria ladies turn to make it- they had buscuits and gravy that smelled GREAT! I went and got a diet coke and even brought back some B & G for the teacher next to me, but I didnt touch it!

Don't you all think sometimes that we should get credit (weight taken off) for all the foods we WANT to eat but dont????

Last edited by marie.; 01-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #100  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayincalm View Post
. . . Decided to cook all the meals for M-F on Sunday and made a few smaller portions of each to freeze . . .
LOVE this idea and making it one of my goals, scalm!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #101  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puncezilla View Post
Aud. Posted at the same time.
I must get sexy boots too! I have been wanting a pair for so long, nice tall ones, but never able to find a pair that I like that fit my calves. even when I was 140 still couldn't find any that fit.

I've got sexy boot shopping pencilled in on my To-Do List Saturday Morning (tx for the idea robin!) - how 'bout you puncie? (Hope your cousin is making a recovery?)

I've had my trusty pair of brown cowboy boots w/heel for far too long . . . feel like a Marshall Tucker song, ya know? I'm looking for black & sleeeeek girls!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #102  
aud
lc lifestyle

Who ran into the mountain lion with poodle in mouth? (Sounds like a still life title) . . . was thinking about that as I chased our deranged Westie Ginger for about 2 frigid hours this morning! Bring on the Dog Whisperer AND the mountian lion!!!!! Crazy thing dove thru traffic - weaved in & out of yards - Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . all started with a squirrel & broken collar.

At least I got some aerobics in . . . not to mention FROSTBITE!

Soooo glad your ds's deployment changed lily.

Welcomewelcomewelcome broadabroad! Ahhhh, travel! Sounds so great marie . . . PLEEEEZ CALGON - take me away somwhere!!!

OTC Estroven has been wonderful helping me to balance out my weepy periods robin - not the generic either . . . everytime I don't think I need them anymore or don't want to spend the $$$ . . . I end up feeling blue and realize I haven't taken in a few days - dh has even gone out and bought the extra strenght!!! LOL! (Thinking of my booo-hooo 47th birthday specifically - what a gift!)

Seriously - a really good supplement & safe now that hormone replacement is out the window, ya know?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #103  
Somethin's gotta give

I am 6 days away from 48- not sure I get the menopause thing!- I had a few weeks last year of what I THOUGHT were hot flashes- but in retrospect I think it was too much partying....the only thing that seems to bother me is TOM that show up every 3 months and lasts ( in a minor form) for 8 days or so- I want to be one of those women who just glides through it-...I'm making that my mantra-
you know, when I was on this site in the beginning- some of us actually made a time and place for a get together-kind of a celebration- Vegas? anyone?
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #104  
Movin' and Losin'

Happy Friday, all! Work's been busy, but I'm still exercising and eating right. Made it through week 2 of the C25K program. Softball tonight, if we don't get rained out. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Welcome broadabroad (I agree... cute nickname)!

Awesome, Robin. You can still get the men when you feel you look your worst! Did you have the sexy boots on?

Oh, and Marie: I'm always up for Vegas, baby!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #105  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I think the anxiety and whatnot the last couple days had to do with the stress of dh's surgery, and my period on the way. Im alot better today tho. I take st.john's wort everyday 3x a day. I notice a big difference when I skip a couple days.

Marie~ we have a vinyl sign and custom printing apparel shop. I started a blog before christmas, it has photos and stuff if you want to take a look. I'll pm you the addy if you are interested in taking a look. We are on facebook too, but I dont remember if I have before and after photos of the shop in the blog....just on facebook. We opened up in June after being in the house for 6yrs

Gina~ nope no sexy boots, I actually had my big wool sweater on, and my daughters fuzzy slippers(I was cold!)

Last edited by RobinW; 01-18-2008 at 01:57 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote