Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #76  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
"You don't have the right to a negative opinion, or any opinion at all if you haven't researched all the data." I just loved that. Lord knows I have enough employees and co-workers that jump right in with opinions about things (ususally while gossiping about someone else)...I hope someone steps into my lair today bringing their little black cloud opinions with them so I can use the phrase!
I love this........this is the perfect quote for all those people who make negative comments about Atkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:30 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Well: It is 8:30 and I've been here in the office for almost two hours without getting to use my phrase yet but I'm hoping!

SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:53 AM   #78  
Somethin's gotta give

Morning everyone- but if youre not on the west coast then good afternoon!

I guess the jury is in on the chest pain thing....and I agree , but if youre going to go back to school (or continue in school-) then why not be a teacher? Great supportive unions, you work 180 days and are OFF 180 days....all summer, 2 weeks at xmas, 1 week at thanksgiving, 1 week at easter and numerous other days around the calendar. I've been a teacher for 20 years and think I have it all....

Last edited by marie.; 01-17-2008 at 11:53 AM.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #79  

S/C/G: Goal 150 ~ 21lbs down

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Wow, the board sure is busy these last couple days. I can't keep up, but I have the feeling I am the only one on the board NOT watching Nancy Grace! What am I missing???

So, I having a minor crises these last few days. My first week I wasn't journaling my eating, just making (seemingly) low-carb choices and going about my day. I lost 7.4 lbs on this method and figured I was doing fine. This week, however, I have been tracking my progress in FitDay and I am finding all of these little carbs that are adding up to more than 25 or so. Admittedly, some I knew were bad, but others like squash I didn't give a second thought. Now I feel a bit neurotic about the whole thing and its making me kind of frustrated. I'm wondering if I shouldn't get a little notebook and just write in my food there? Just curious what everyones opinion is on tracking.

Well I hope everyone is having a great day!
CrabbyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #80  
Lovin' Life

Crabby~ I dont watch Nancy Grace either.....I think she's just scary!!!
....keeping track, I use fitday.com to keep track. Helps me see if Ive been eating anything I shouldnt when the weightloss slows down.

Im doing better today, I stayed op yesterday and got some exercise on the treadmill. That helped.

Im doing my best today, to keep it positive, and try not to dwell on anything that will upset me. Maybe I just need a good cry....get it all out. Then start fresh.

I talked about my husband's surgery with my daughter last night. She started crying as soon as I told her he needed it. It didnt matter how minor the surgery was going to be, it upset her alot. But talking to her about it last night, helped me too. She asked me if I cried. I told her no, I didnt, because I didnt want hubby to worry about me. Im thinking I probably should have....done it in private, and be done with it. It seems to be sitting there waiting. kwim? Now its relief I feel that all is well with the world again. (mine anyway).....and the need to cry for that reason. Maybe its hormones? Who knows!

Anyway, like I said, Im back onplan. Ate 100% yesterday, and today isnt an issue either. I wish I was one of those ppl who couldnt eat when they were stressed out.....man Id be stick thin!!!

Have a great day ladies.......send positive vibes my way, Im needing help with that.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #81  
jlkeahi

aud-- Metabolife ultra is a weight loss pill. its supposed to block carbs, give you energy, and supress apetite. But i didnt have any that day..(i forgot to take them! )
Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 PM   #82  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Can't believe that we're on the 6th page already. You guys a little chatty Kathy's. Thanks for all the congrats I hope that I will be able to continue losing even if small week after week until I finally reach my goal.

JLK-OMG What kind of people are you working for.I don't see any compassion from any of your managers while you were having chest pains. People now a days have no idea how to handle unexpected situations, espeically now that these company's only look for means to make lots of money and not care about there fellow employees. I agree with the rest of the ladies,I would quit,and look for another career.Happy to hear your going back to school. Sending [[[[good vibes]]]] your way.

StayinCalm-I don't like the American Idol and was upset when they took my [Back to You & til Death] off the air for that show.

LILY-That what I do,I sever what ever dh wants and than I stay clear if it as I want to lose 1-2 lb each week will make me happier than the pc of temping food.

CabbyCakes-I don't watch Nancy Gray either.I don't know what time it on or what day,but I don't care as I watch Comcast demand movies that that time.BIG BIG CONGRATS On your 7.4 lbs loss You're doing terrific WTG. I have to have a food journal[old ww trick] or I will stray some where. I just eat all what on the journal for that day and I always allow for extras.I me the starchy veggies carbs don't bother me either. Its a veggies and to me that a good carb. I use fitday also.I'm playing around with a calorie range between 1200-1500,and according to fitday I'm just in the middle.

ROBBIN-Thats whats helping me,I thinking positive and I have to hand it all to you thanks.Its really better than being negative or a pessimist . I feel for once my head is on straight with this WOE.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-17-2008 at 02:45 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #83  
jlkeahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie. View Post
Morning everyone- but if youre not on the west coast then good afternoon!

I guess the jury is in on the chest pain thing....and I agree , but if youre going to go back to school (or continue in school-) then why not be a teacher? Great supportive unions, you work 180 days and are OFF 180 days....all summer, 2 weeks at xmas, 1 week at thanksgiving, 1 week at easter and numerous other days around the calendar. I've been a teacher for 20 years and think I have it all....
you know right after i graduated high school, i worked for the school district, working with autistic children as a para-ed assistant, i loved the children, it was great, i was actually going to go to school behind it too, i would not do anything to jepordize them or my employement, but i made a mistake and got fired behind it. it makes me never want to work with kids, or anything in the education field for that matter, again.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #84  
jlkeahi

BB-- thanks for the good vibes, i need them! like everyone else i have bills to pay and im stressing out hard! and this job didnt give me any good take home pay!

well everyone!! how is it that i miss everyone in the morning? lol. maybe i should start getting up earlier! but i called a local gym here and i have a free consultation class at 230 and kinda scared on what to expect...
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #85  
Somethin's gotta give

You know Robin...I have to say that there are days...both stressful and lazy when I realize after *****ing (sorry) and moaning and acting up that all I need is a good cry...I remember days when hubby would try to hug up on me and find out why I was acting so "strangely" and even though I loved him to death I wanted him to go AWAY....and then...after just fighting against it for most of the day, I would just break down- shut myself in the bathroom and sob....and come out 20 minutes later feeling SO much better....Poor guy would actually FLINCH when I walked into the home office because he wasnt sure what to expect next...and he would be totally joyous when he saw that I was "ok"...so go ahead and let it out- it feels so much better once its gone....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #86  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, it's really cold here. I'm hibernating and drinking coffee.

I do plan to hit the gym again tonite for my upper body workout and cardio. I am determined that a yr. from now my butt will look like it belongs on a fit woman instead of a 90 yr. old grandpa. And my arms won't keep waving to people for a minute after I've stopped waving. LOL.

DH is home and has his happy butt glued to the recliner watching Harry Potter movie. I wish he'd volunteer to help clean the house, but I don't see that happening. I really thought that since now he has every other week completely off work that I'd get more help. Nope, it takes him all 7 days of rest to go back and do his next weeks work. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #87  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I got addicted to Harry Potter thru my 10 yr old DD lilyb . . . read them all last summer and so enjoyed. I've only seen the 1st HP movie so looking forward to a movie marathon at some point to see the sequels. I've got a 3 day weekend coming up - may be just the thing as I cleancleanclean and organize this mess of a house - my dh is a disaster in this area but does the best he can so can't complain (tooo much!)

Got my floor exercises in this week but saw by the Jan ex chart sticky that I have NOT been to the gym/weights since the 2nd.

MUST change that!

Gotta remember how great it feels to make it a habit, ya know?

Ready to get this Thursday OVER with already . . . Hope you're having a great OP day everyone! ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #88  

Happy Afternoon All: We ARE chatty aren't we? :blah.

Crabby: I use the notebook. Fitday freaks me out. If I hit a stall though I will probably enter things in to see where I'm off.
Robin: . Hugs. I agree with some of the others. Sometimes what is needed is an all out sob-fest. I hope you feel better later on today.
Lily: Sounds Chilly Willy. I always feel like an absolute sloth when I read about your workouts. You don't even use weather for an excuse! Good for you.

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy. As I said I haven't watched her in awhile (since the berating of her producer on air during that alleged Duke University Lacrosse rape case). DH won't watch because he gets tired of anger being misdirected at law enforcment and others instead of being directed primarily on persons committing the crimes. Of course, I think that is kind of human nature.

Another sunny, gorgeous day here. I'm getting spoiled. No fibbing today though. I will work my full day for the man.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #89  
Lovin' Life

Funny little afternoon I had today. I was reading a marketing book, and after one particular paragraph, I just lost it. I got myself into the bathroom, had a nice little cry. Scared poor hubby, got hugs and kisses, cleaned up my face, made a cup of tea and settled in for the rest of the afternoon.

Then about a 1/2 hr later ....mind you I look like poop warmed over, ok?.....this fella comes in, and I considered hiding in my little corner of the shop and letting hubby take care of him. Well, I didnt, and chatted with the customer, sold him a $3.25 coaster. He stayed and chatted a little bit. When he finally left, hubby says to me, "I think he liked you" I got that same distinct feeling. Which I thought was just hilarious....this is about as bad as Ive looked in a very long time. Now there wasnt any boogers left over from my crying fit....but you all know what you look like after had a cry?!

Tonight I am going to get on the treadmill, and then do some baking. Baking is always calming for me....I'll just make stuff for hubby to have for the shop.

Thanks so much ladies
Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #90  

Why can't we look attractive when we cry? People don't tend to look like crap on tv and in the movies when they cry. Its good you got the cry out though.

It must be in the air. My afternoon turned to crap with a flood of calls with different directives from 3 partners on a project. I swear I am so frustrated right now I could strangle someone (I will be redirecting my anger on the recumbent bike. Don't be surprised if I pedal so hard I end up coming through the wall of one of your living rooms though).

I have a big zit growing right under my nose (which means Aunt Flow is coming to town but since I didn't write down the day last month I have no idea when.) I'm just cranky as ****. At this point in the rant my husband usually looks at me and says, "Whhhhaaahhhh Me Too. But my problems are worse. Everything bad is happening to me AND my feet stink and Jesus does not love me anymore". Then I realize I'm being ridiculous. Deep breath. Have to ask the Client, "Which silly, time consuming and expensive task that will result in nothing would you like me to undertake first?"

Seriously, this one revolves arounding hiring 24/7 patrol and cameras for a large community (cost of about 200,000 a year but who knows) all because some moron had a family dispute in their single family home and domestic violence ensued. They want three competitive proposals for patrol (of course they don't know what post instructions they want...what the want the patrol to do) and installation of about 40 cameras (forget about the wiring, location, how these cameras will be monitored etc.) BY MONDAY. Are you kidding me. Geez.

OK I'm over it. Looking at what Robin and Lily deal with this is just a cakewalk. It is not my family or my pet or my health. Puttin' it in perspective will help me "Stay Calm".