Old 10-26-2007, 05:42 PM   #31  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hey way to go Lynnar! That is progress, and it will all add up. Plus, if your clothes are feeling a little loose, your losing inches and that is just as important! Keep your chin up and be happy! You're going in the right direction!!! Woohoo for you!!!!!

I Everybody, Aud, Punce, BB (Hope you get well!), Azure, I hope you all are doing great! I won't have my home computer running this weekend, so take care and be goooood!
You all will love that pumpking recipe, and with some freshly whipped cream. Yumm!

Love Ya!
diana
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #32  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its not going to be nice here,dark and dreary as its raining and its going to rain all day.My weight at W-I this morning stayed the samehave no idea or inkling why this is happening to me.Its not that I have little to lose, I have 23 to get off this bod of mine.

I exercise and eat the right foods,and yet nothing happens. I read on the biggest loser web site about electrolytes and water that aren't balancing,causes a maintain or stall. Does anyone know what thats about?????????

Sorry for whining as I can't make that stupid scale go down.

Fit-I still have the cold/sore throat,but that will pass. I'm feeling a lot better today,thanks for asking. Have a great weekend,even if you can't use your computer.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-27-2007 at 08:59 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #33  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

I think we need to pause here and think about how there is a LOT to be said for the "staying the same" beachie & LC Buds!

It's good practice for when we become maintainers, right?

It's OH SO MUCH BETTER than GAINING, right?

It's a sure sign that SOMETHING we're doing is working, right?

Can ya tell I stayed the same this week too yet? LOL!

Yep, LOSING feels better - but NOT gaining is good too for me.

Been super busy and super stressed. Haven't made time for ME and MY health . . . just give give give and it's never enough it seems for some of the folks I represent/work with. Tired ole cycle that I'm working desperately hard to break - Need to realize once and for all that when I don't make time for ME - I'm no good for anyone professionally OR personally, ya know?

"One day at a time" . . . I suppose.

Speaking of Sweet Jesus - my 10 yr old Tess sweetly asked if we could start going to Church regularly again! (Not sure if I shared that soon after Contract Ratification "they" announced all OverTime cancelled after 11/1?? w00h00!!!) Just could not get on a schedule for Church working all those long hours and Sat. nites - so out of the mouth of babes! With sane hours hoping to actually have a LIFE again. Also look forward to the peace organized religion can bring.

How did YOUR week go gals? What's the Plan for the Weekend?

I'm doing the Amazing Clutter Clean-Up I do every Saturday . . . also brought home a TON of work from the office . . . I'm thinking Y & digging out my old Pilates dvd for tonight.

Also trying to remember to get my water in when at home.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #34  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

AUD, You're totaly right about staying the same, not feeling as good as losing but WAY BETTER than gaining. I also like to think of it as practice for maintenance. Now try and have a nice relaxing weekend.

BB, I'v never heard about electrolites affect on weight loss, I do know it's harder to lose if you're dehydrated. I'll have to do some reading on that.. I have to follow induction to the letter and drink all the recomended water in order to lose. Keep sticking with it , I'm sure you'll figure it out and start losing again. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Congrats on the loss Lynar! One is better than non!

FIT, Have a great weekend and enjoy your pumpkin pie!

I'm doin' OK . still op and stayng that way.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #35  
aud
lc lifestyle

Like the way you said " . . . OP & staying that way," puncie! Think I'll chant that in my head as a mantra- simple - straightforward and to the POINT!

Hey WTH is azzie?

STILL worried about Our Bouncie.

ummm, *ahem* - TIME TO COME UP FOR AIR, lilyb!

Have I said "WTG lynnar" on your loss? >>><<< You GO! Have you measured inches yet? I'm dying to know mine but cannot find my cloth tape - guldurnit!!!! My 248 lb inches are somewhere in a sticky - think my "bio" - CANNOT "weight" to see the diff!

Keep cleaning auddie - it'll turn up!

Already have got a lot done around here in CLUTTERville! Seems like I do everything Backasswards though - WANTED to go Y workout first - THEN clean and THEN luxuriate in a long shower - somehow turned into:

luxurious shower
(with exfoliants!)

cleaning

NOW off to the Y & errands!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi

It me again,I just got off the phone with my DD and she gave me some pointers for weight loss. She was 135 and she followed these 5 principal and lost 15 lbs she now 120.

1)Does the number on the scale really bother you? as long as your eating healthy.YES

2)Are you drinking enough water??YES
Recommended amount according to her doctor 64 oz.

3)Are you stressed out???YES Number one reason one doesn't lose weight.Take a bath, or walk to release that stress.

4)Are you a fast eater,YES drink tea or some kind of broth 15 mins before a meal. Body will think its full,and you will leave 1/2 whats on your plate[portion control]

5)Do you w-i every day??YESDon't weigh yourself every day,if it to stressful for you.

I'm thinking that 5 yeses to 5 questions is the reason I'm not losing. Going to listen to what my DD told me.

AUD-I know that staying the same is better than a gain,but I Maintained for over a month,it about time to move on downward.

Puncezilla-I have to read more on the subject also.I know about dehydrating effects the body but I heard that over drinking water can effect the electrolytes also.It washes away the nutrients out of the body.Thanks for your well wishes.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-27-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 AM   #37  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im still here

Im not eating atkins lowcarb, but Im not bingeing, and eating fairly normally. This is a huge step for me! Its always been either ...Im on a diet, or Im not, and Im bingeing because I'll be on a diet "tomorrow" kwim? Very bad way to go about eating!!!!

I need to get back to low carb, but I am finding it hard to find that "magic" place that doesnt make me feel like crap. I can go 2 weeks low carb, then my system revolts and I feel so sick. Ive incorporated steel cut oats for breakfast, but need to have a lower carb day. Im getting there, and in my getting there, I am learning to eat like a normal person again.

Anyway, thats enough about me in my little corner of the world.....have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #38  
Going to ONEderland

Lurking, looking for some inspiration. Thanks to all of you. One thing in particular jumped out at me, something about how good you feel after a really good exercise session. Makes me want to go downstairs and spend a few minutes lifting weights in my basement. I have all the equipment I need in my downstairs room (which has become my daughter's bedroom). So I guess I'll go get started.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #39  
aud
lc lifestyle

That IS huge robin! "To eat like a normal person" - I can almost see the light at times, so I guess that's good, but a lifetime of bad habits on portion size and overeating is a tough thing to beat - lc'ing has reallyreally helped - esp. with the cravings. When I can see the glimpse of light, in my mind I'm an "intuitive eater" that only eats when hungry and only eats whole foods that are good for me. I'm making that a reality more often than not - but this change is a scary thing! LOL! All the best to you on your journey!

Had a dreadful exercise week this week sherry - and could really tell the difference with mood. Forced myself to get a good one in yesterday and then afterward was waaaay more productive and even keeled in mood. When I get at least walking in - I still feel good - but notice when I add working with weights - the weight loss really picks up!

FOUND my cloth measuring tape in the latest round of Clutter-A-Rama so was able to do my inches - I think I measured the same way (can't remember how I did the chest - boobs down or up!) Here's around Jan inches compared to yesterday:

Bust: 48 . . . . . 44
Waist: 45 . . . . . 40
Hips: 53 . . . . . . 47
R. Upper Arm: 14.5 . . . . . 12
R. Upper Leg: 25.5 . . . . . . 22

Saw some ole LC buds that haven't seen in awhile around here - in the 2007 Goals Thread - arkiekel/ladyadnerb/jokemo & chickadee. Hope they'll stop by and update us on how they're doing!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:56 PM   #40  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having a nippy morning,have to pull out some long sleeve blouses or maybe even cardigans to keep warm today.

I'm starting the new diet [5 factor]today and hope it works for the next 5 weeks. Its doesn't look to hard to follow. Its more or less like the beach[high fiber veggies & fruit,low GI carbs,lean protein & good fat.]The exercising part is a little leery as they mention cardio & strength training,for 25 mins 5 days a week.I have to watch and make sure I using the weights correctly,as I don't want to hurt myself.

Have to make that scale MOVE downward. I'm so frustrated doing every thing right and not finding any satisfaction on the scale.Low carbing right now is not working for me. Going to be on this new diet for 5 weeks and than I'll decide which plan I going to go on next.

Robin-I find the same thing happens to me when low carbs it works for a while and than I need my oatmeal & other grain carbs also.Good Luck on whatever plan you go on.

SharryA-Welcome to the board & thread. The ladies here are very supportive and inspirational.

AUD-Congrats on your NSV's your doing great on the shrinking inches. I haven't measured at all but I'm seeing that my black skirt is almost fitting me again.

Have a nice Sunday

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-28-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:00 PM   #41  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Way to go with the measurements AUD! I'll have to dig mine up and redo them . It's always nice to see them go down.

Good luck with the new program, BB

Robin, Eating "normal" is good! I'm just like you mentioned, either on plan or binging. I hope you find a good ballance that keeps you losing and feeling good!

Sherry, Exercise is a great motivator for me, I always feel great after working out. And yet I always seem to put it of or find an excuse to skip it. Hang in there.

I'm having a good OP wekend and I hope you all are too!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:12 PM   #42  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Sorry I've been absent, ladies! Midterms ate me alive, and my craziness isn't over yet. I'll be a LOT more relaxed once my GREs are taken care of and my Grad. school applications are all mailed out...

So, I guess what I'm saying is, I'll be a lot more relaxed come January!

For now, I guess I'll have to do a lot more reading on 3FC than I do writing...but I promise I haven't disappeared. Even if I'm not posting here, I'm trying to post at my new Blog. So far, staying on plan has been working marvelously! I'm trying a new sweetener called "oligofructose"--it's ground chicory root fiber. The carbs in it is all fiber, at least that's what the label says. It hasn't stalled me yet, so we'll see. I tried that Pumpkin Bake recipe and it tastes JUST like pumpkin pie to me. I'll definitely be making that on Thanksgiving! Thanks for the recipe!

I posted a 2 pound loss for the week, which puts me back at 155. *whew!* If I can finish out November in the 140s at last, I can't tell you how happy I'll be! I'll throw a PARTY! Or something. Until next time, ladies, take care!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote