Old 09-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 267/250/165

Height: 5'5"

So I'm thinking a Friday weekly weighin would work well lol it's never good to try and weigh in after the weekend, at least for me it wouldn't be good lol

So if everyone who wants to do a group weigh in, I'll start a weigh in thread every Friday, what do you guys thing?
Beeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 PM   #17  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Personally, I have found weigh-in threads to be bad for me: I don't seem to have the emotional maturity to keep from comparing my loss, or lack thereof, to everybody else's, and doing a mindf* over it. I will be thrilled to participate when I grow up, though.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #18  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

When I first came to 3FC I joined TBL challange thread, they have a weekly weigh in thread and its a competition to see what team and individual lost the most for the week. I found it very motivating just to have the accountabillity of the weigh in thread (even without the competition part) so I'm in if you start one up. Any day is fine with me.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #19  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I'm glad to see so many other people are recommitting I'm back at school and I did all my grocery shopping today--so I'm ready for a brand-new start at square one. It's induction for me again, and I'm ready to get my butt moving and down to the gym now that I'm back, too!

Welcome to the newcomers and those returning to the Atkins forum! Let's keep each other encouraged!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #20  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hi All!
Yes, 3fc's is the bomb on meeting motivational cyber friends & folks who can totally relate! I'm back with some old buds that have a Halloween Challenge going (we're on "WEED") - lots of laughs and commiserating on the ups and downs - also dove into the TBL Challenge - as a night shift worker, never have seen the show - but TIVO'ing this time around. Here @ lc, I mainly stick with the CHAT Thread - found some awesome support here and try to return it in kind - plus awesome tips from the successful veterans (thinking of lilybelle & jerseygirl here!! Tx gals for sticking around!)

The whole serotonin/sleep connection thing interests me 221red . . . coming from a family aud-tree that features narcolepsy/cataplexy/night terrors/nightmares/sleepwalkers/sleepDRIVERS/sleepTALKERS! (I've had 4 of these over the years) 2 of my siblings have been studied at sleep clinics at the urging of their doctors . . . I haven't had the time yet, but can't wait to go. They film the entire study/sleeping sibs with electrode-heads - sooooo here's a confession: My brother has been in the bar biz since 1974 - juke joint in the middle of nowhere Ozarks. Big screen tv . . . lots of sports - ok? He has been known to plug in the "Sleep Study" and we all watch (including the customers!!!) our Sis sleep for HOURS - drool and all!! ROTFLMAO!

Guess ya have to be there?

Anyhoo . . . dabbled in quite a bit of recreational pharmaceuticals-legal and otherwise- in the mid to late 70's () and then spent most of age 20-40 not even taking an aspirin. I'm back to the pharmaceuticals (legal) and as a shift worker have recently relied on trazedone and have no side effects at all. I also take imipramime at bedtime and cymbalta when I wake up. A veritable cornucopia of anti-depressants that are helping me get some great REM sleep and have been a blessing during this mid-life menopausal nightmare I'm sweating thru! The life-long sleep disturbance problems are a distant memory and guessing that this regimen has helped me stick with it this time on the lc journey?

Last edited by aud; 09-05-2007 at 01:59 PM.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 200.4/196.4/160

Hello to everyone. I am starting again myself. Today is day 4 of week one. I lost weight on Atkins back in 2000, but eventually gained it back. Then I lost weight again on another plan in 2004 and kept it off for almost 2 entire years. Prior to moving to Kuwait I had gained back about 25 lbs of what I had lost. Then after being here for about a year I have managed to gain an additional 25 lbs. I am now at my heaviest non pregnant weight in my entire life. I am so discusted that I had to put a stop to my endless bad habits. Atkins is the easiest plan for me to follow over here and I know it works. So, here I am, but I know I need the support, so this is why I am here with you all.

I agree the quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alie View Post
Take work for instance, you are right about how hard that is. It seems everyone likes to watch what you eat and police you... but they are right there to offer you the foods they know you shouldn't and most likely won't eat. I wonder if somehow people like to see us fail. I have strong will power though, and just SAY NO.

If you want it bad enough, you'll stick with it and be successful!! We are all here to help!!
Work is difficult, especially with all the people who watch you and offer you foods that just will do you no good. It seems like the minute you try to eat healthier, they watch, then offer you all sorts of junk. It is almost like they want you to fail, although, I am sure this is not true. I was offered "Ick" yesterday and said "NO". We can do this!!
angihali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angihali View Post
I was offered "Ick" yesterday and said "NO". We can do this!!
Angihali: YES, we can do this!! I've been back at it for 3 complete weeks now and feeling great! All it takes is deciding that a change needs to be made! I worked hard a year ago to take off 50 lbs. and maintained it for 6 months, but then started to add more and more foods back into my diet. I broke a rib in June and got depressed about not being able to be active during the summer months. As soon as I was healed, I decided it was time to get back on track and stay there!!! I have set higher and harder goals for myself this time. I know that each time I reach a goal (like this morning... 2 miles on my elliptical!!!!) I feel so good! And just want to set an even higher goal. It keeps me going. Start small... but keep adding to it.

YOU CAN DO THIS! AND everyone is here to help and support you!
alie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:55 PM   #23  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Hi angihali, Welcome to 3FC!
This is a great place for support and encouragement. I love it here!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #24  

Good morning to everyone. Well it is morning here anyway. I made it through day 3 and am now working on day 4. Yesterday was not too bad, I am hoping today will be easier. I'm already feeling a little hungry and I am at work where there really is nothing for me to snack on until lunch time. All I can really get at the store is jerky and nuts. I need to go out and get some cheese or something. I'll probably get some luncheon meats too.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #25  

Hang in there angihali! You can do this. Stock up on some snacks that you can have, so you don't feel like you are depriving yourself. The first week is always the hardest. Just keep going and before you know it, you'll be past this week!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 267/250/165

Height: 5'5"

For me it helped soo much to take lunch to work, i probably took too much but at least I had options and that way I wasn't tempted.

I did have one bad day, it's hard when special occasions come up, it was my anniversary so we had pasta at dinner and a few drinks. I was able to get back into the swing of things on Sunday, I hope it doesn't hurt me for my weekly weigh in.
Beeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:37 AM   #27  

Beeyore, You hang in there too. Happy anniversary. I know you will get right back on track.

Well, my first week went good. I ate exactly everything that I can and avoided the things that you are not suppose to have. I was however frustrated when I weighed myself yesterday morning though. I had started exercising again about two days ago and when I did my first weekly weigh in for the end of my week I had not lost much. I was loosing almost a pound a day for the first 5 days, then on day seven I had gained. Today I weighed the same as yesterday. I know I should not weigh myself everyday, but it tends to keep me in check too. Plus I know our weight fluctuates from day to day too. So, I really should not be discouraged. I have been checking to make sure that I am in keytosis and I am. I'm in the 2+ arena. I suppose I just need to hang in there. I was just hoping for a bigger loss for my first week. I only lost 3.8 lbs. The last time I did Atkins. The first time I ever did Atkins, I had lost around 8 lbs the first week. It was starting to look like I was going to do the same this time, only to go up a few pounds and make it the 3.8 loss. Better to have a loss for the week, then a gain. At least I am losing. I just hope I continue to lose, I think that is one of the things that I am afraid of. Since it is Ramadan here, I'm not too worried about snacking on things at work that I should not be snacking on right now. Out of respect for some of the Muslims I work with I try not eat anything in the office right now. I do however have my water and coffee, they do not even have that.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #28  

Hi Angi! You did GREAT for your first week. I am having the same issue as you. My first time around it seemed like I lost more and faster in the begining. But don't get discouraged. You said you are exercising too, and I think what I notice is that as I build muscle up, the scale doesn't move as much as I would like - but I notice that my clothes are fitting more loosely. So it's all good. Try to stay off the scale daily and maybe that will help. I am trying really hard to only weigh once a week (and that is tough for me!) But it helps to get on and see a loss, even if it wasn't all I was hoping it would be, it is a loss all the same.

Keep at it!

Old 09-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #29  

Good morning Alie, Yes I should not weigh daily. I got in the habit of doing this after I had lost 40 lbs. I kept the 40 lbs off for 2 years. It was when I stopped weighing myself that I starting gaining all my weight back. Once again I weighed this morning and no budge in the scale. Today is the start of day 11 for me and I am still only down 3 lbs total. The last time I did Atkins I lost 10 lbs during the induction phase. The thing that gets me is it seems where I am right now is what my weight like to stick on even when I am not dieting. I seem to flucuate between 196 and 200, it is a bit discouraging. Yes, I am sticking with only what I am allowed to eat too. I was actually down to 193 on day 5 then on day 6 I started exercising and was up to 194.4, day seven I exercising again (cardio only on both days) and was 196.4, I have been that 196.4 for 4 mornings in a row now. I am hanging in there and I will hand in. I did have diet coke once a day and for a few days I had one to two cups of coffee, not defac) for a few days too. However, I did this last time too without any problems. My ketones are in the 2++ range and where actually starting to look betwwen the 2++ and the 3++ range this morning. I have not kept a journal of what I eat, but will start this morning. I have not had any diet colas in the past 4 days and I will stick only to decaf coffee for awhile and see if that helps. I can not see this really being the problem though, since my keytones are good. However, I will see what happens.