Old 07-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I had a horrible eating day yesterday. Good news was I did have the sense to turn down a candy bar that my SD bought me while we were at the pool. I still went over on my cal's yesterday and the scale was up this morning. Dang it. It seems I'm rewarding myself with crappy food for getting in plenty of exercise. I gotta get my butt in gear and take off a few lbs. again. Lately I'm having TOO many carbs such as crackers and graham crackers which definitely move that scale right up. I've only had my morning coffee so far today, so plan is to get my act straightened up and fly right. I see my Dr. again on Sept. 5th and he's gonna be thoroughly pi@@ed at me if I show a gain. I'm really considering going and buying the Alli and giving it a try to get the scale back down. I sure hate to waste the money on it though, but it might be my last resort. I think I'd be a lot more careful of how much fat I eat, if I was on Alli. I would be too afraid of having an accident.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #17  
Going to ONEderland

What is Alli?
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #18  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

A gal I work with is taking Alli and she says she has to really watch her fat intake or she just LIVES in the bathroom. (Which is a scary proposition when you work on an assembly line and can't go to the rest room immediately!) SO - she's watching her fat but I've noticed she still is waaaay into candy type sugar foods (I think on the theory that they are low fat?)

Alli is at Walgreens here . . . kind of pricey and I think works on the absorption of the fat you eat - binding with it so it leaves the body pronto?

I've read there are issues if you take with any kind of medication . . . I also read that its just like some prescription diet pill - just 1/2 strength.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #19  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I just got my refill of alli online at cvs. 120 capsules for 59.99 and free shipping. I dont know if they still have the 10$ coupon, but they do have free shipping for orders over $50..I think. Ceck out myalli.com

Lily, I dont think its a waste of money at all, but thats just me. I like the stuff, and I think it works great.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:46 AM   #20  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin, I may try it starting Aug. 1st if I'm not back down to my goal by then. I didn't mean to say it's a waste of money. I was talking about for me in general since I'm only a few lbs. over goal. Sorry , I should have explained that better. Also, my budget is tight with school starting next month and needing to buy DD and SD school clothes. I do think the Alli might help me to stay on plan better . I'm very happy that you like it and it is helping you

I stayed perfectly on plan today. It sure felt good and I did my walking outside of 3 miles on the steep hill. It was HOT and I came back pouring with sweat.

I layed outside to tan today. LOL, I'm sure I looked like an idiot. I had 2 pr. of glasses on (my regular ones and sunglasses for the glare) , an umbrella over my face and the sprinkler squirting my legs. I'm trying to get rid of the "farmers tan" from all the yard work. LOL.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:55 AM   #21  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
Thanks Robin, I may try it starting Aug. 1st if I'm not back down to my goal by then. I didn't mean to say it's a waste of money. I was talking about for me in general since I'm only a few lbs. over goal. Sorry , I should have explained that better. Also, my budget is tight with school starting next month and needing to buy DD and SD school clothes. I do think the Alli might help me to stay on plan better . I'm very happy that you like it and it is helping you
No need to explain Lily, I had felt the same way....I didnt want to spend $60 on something that might or might not work. I bought my first bottle, right after we opened the store.....and money was pretty much non-existant at that time

Well, Im not doing so great with my eating. Im using food as a comfort thing. Stress is peaking at the shop....spending a big chunk of money for a new piece of equipment that is coming in on monday I really need to turn to my treadmill when Im stressed, not chocolate!!

Anyway, have a great day ladies.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:20 PM   #22  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I think Alli's more of a psychological aid than anything else. I did the math. Alli suggests a low-fat, reduced calorie diet in addition to taking the pill--and the pill itself works to block about 25% of the fat you eat. So, I took a 2,000 calorie diet (I'm assuming most women would be eating less). Alli suggests no more than 30% of your calories come from fat--so on a 2,000 calorie diet, that's about 600 calories coming from fat. Alli blocks 25% of the fat you consume, so that's only 150 calories blocked in a day.

If you're a woman and eating less total calories and therefore, also eating less calories from fat, the calories blocked in a day is even less than 150. So, really, you could cut out 1.5 ounces of cheese a day and avoid 150 calories...or two slices of bread. Y'know?

I know a woman on Alli and she feels it's helping her--I think spending the $$ on the pill and taking a pill helps her to feel motivated. I'm glad it's helping her feel on track, but I think the actual drug benefiting anyone is pretty questionable, considering how few calories it actually blocks.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Alli suggests no more than 30% of your calories come from fat
yes, but if you are following low carb, and more atkins related diets....still only blocking 25%, but of a larger fat ratio in your day. This is especially good, when you hit a plateau, that 150 blocked calories may just be what is needed to get things moving.

So....Ive blocked 150 calories, then I get on the treadmill, and burn another 150 calories....thats 300 calories Ive burned, and I didnt have to give up my 1 oz of cheese and herbal tea, that I absolutely love to have during my evening relaxation time. So, yes for me its worth it.......for others, no, they will cut out whatever.

I think you are right in that it is mental booster. For me, its a comfort, knowing that, that much extra is working "for" me, to help me get the lbs off. That is worth $60 every 2 months.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #24  
lilybelle

I'm happy to report that the scale is back down the 4 lbs. that I had gained. I went for my walk last night, then started diuresing like crazy. (Was peeing like a horse, LOL). It took me a while to realize that the big gain was most likely caused from me having my liver rash and my DR. doubling my prednisone for a week (which I finished the double dose on Monday). I guess it took my body a few days to release all the extra water I was retaining. Either way, I feel thinner today and not bloated.

I'm really tired of the gain/lose yo-yo game I've been playing. So, I'm recommitted to staying strictly on plan and maintaining now that I hit my goal wt. again.

Good news is we're going to the pool again today and I don't have that big belly bloat to worry about and try to hide.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #25  
aud
lc lifestyle

"Mornin'" All!
Been chuckling at the phrase "farmers tan" lilyb . . . hadn't heard that one in awhile - and have had a few myself! DH and my FIL have permanent ones!

I did get a nice tan over the two week down time - not really intentional - just a lot of time on the river. Problem with one piece suit - my glowing white stomach when I'm undressed!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #26  
lilybelle

aud, I've now got a really nice tan except my face is too dark. Of course, I wear a 1 piece suit and my belly and butt look ghostly white. LOL. SD and DD have been using a tanning bed and my DD burned her butt really bad. LOL, she just had to show it to us.

my DH and DS both have a "farmer's tan" right now. LOL. We were picking on DH about the dark tan line above his socks. LOL, he said "OK, I'm gonna wear a thong to work outside in the yard and get a tan". This might scare off any neighbors or passersby for sure. LOL. He does have a really nice butt, so I wouldn't mind if he just put on a private show for me (in a thong). LOL. Dang, I must be feeling frisky. LOL
Old 07-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #27  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Ladies!
How's everyone doing?
I'm starting to figure what foods are slowing my weight loss down. One of them is Breyers Sugar Free ice cream. I know it still has milk in it and the last two nights for dessert, I've had it. I noticed that before I was eating that I was losing, now I'm at a standstill.
So that's out for me.
I was also eating a little bit of walnuts too, I'm not sure if that is affecting me as well, even though I know I can have them.
I think for me, just to eat the basic food sort of like on the induction phase, but a little more veggies and salads and berries will work.
Oh does anyone have any good salad recipes involving strawberries or blueberries along with a good viniagrettes.
Let me know!
Thanks Ladies!!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:59 AM   #28  
Lovin' Life

K, Im just toooooooooo stressed out, and I really dont know what to do about it besides come here and rant

Im at the shop, but heading home in a little while. I think I'll take a nap, and refrain from eating the box of cookies in the cupboard!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #29  
aud
lc lifestyle

Been There Robin! Had Night From **** at work last nite - found myself staring into the fridge and cupboard @ 5am! I drank a glass of water and went to bed. Something I've been trying to do this time around is when I feel like that to just take off walking - did that a few times last nite. Never did get my planned walk in - but the # of times I just took off walking counted for something, I hope!

Hang in there girl - and throw those cookies in the TRASH!

Has Sherry been around? Haven't seen her lately.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #30  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey I am back. came back today and did manage to eat OP all week. snuck 4 pbm&m's but that was it. no marshmellows no smores. no pancakes or frenchtoast or hashbrowns. I was good. I kayaked across the lake 4 miles eachway and hiked the mountain about 2 miles each way (got a blister on the ball of the foot, from wet socks) and still managed to eat OP.

(It helped that on the day I left i saw a new low for me)

I read all the posts in this thread but can not do individual posts or replies but I just want to say Hi to allyou lovelies I am glad to be back where my friends are and where people do not try to shove cookies and brownies or carbs in my face.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote