Old 05-10-2007, 02:26 AM   #31  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, so far the house is still dry but the yard looks like a marsh and it's still raining.

My DH and DS are both planning to change jobs and go to work for a large drilling company. The supervisor of the company (whom DH is great friends with) came by tonite. He promised them both that they will make double what they are currently making. So , they are both excited and ready to go. I'm gonna miss them, but I must admit, I do look forward to the extra money. I plan to double up on our car payments and get them paid off. They will work 7 days on/7 days off. (12 hr. shifts). The company pays extra expense check for their food and lodging during their work week. They plan to room together in a hotel to save even more. Plus, I think that's a great idea. DH will be too tired to do anything wrong (LOL) and wouldn't dare do anything anyway with DS as his roommate. (LOL). I'm just gonna stay home (like I do now) and collect his paycheck. LOL.

BTW, I trust DH not to mess around with other women. The part I don't trust is his money spending. I'm gonna have him set his checks up direct deposit in my account and give him a little spending allowance. (that is how we do it now). Not a perfect arrangement, but it seems to work OK for us.

My son was amazed that this new company will continue to pay his wages on the weekends he has Army Drill and also keep his pay coming any time he is deployed. He plans to pay off his jeep and dirt bike and then buy himself a house. I was a little afraid that they wouldn't want to hire DS because of his military obligation. But, they said it's Not a Problem, they have several soldiers already working for them.

They have recently had a lot of turnover because several of the men couldn't pass a drug test. Not something they will ever have to worry about with DH or DS.

Last edited by lilybelle; 05-10-2007 at 02:37 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 AM   #32  

Morning all.....didn't get a chance to check in yesterday...so busy at work these days.

Doing well.....haven't had a baked chip, pretzel or potato in days! No bread either. So far so good........

Finally moved into a next size down in pants! Boy that took forever!

Need to get my bike out this weekend. Mother's day is Sunday and my mother asked me to make potato salad Geez! But it is one day....that is how I am taking it this time. Do the best I can because this is a lifetime thing.

lilybelle: Wow, hope the rain stops soon. Do you have somewhere to go if you need to?

Leenie:

Brenda: Good for you with the exercise. I have been a slug lately! I even bought myself an iPod recently so I could use it on my walks...but have I been walking? NO!

beach bum: Have you ever tried FitDay? I have the software but there is a free web site where you can log your food. It will count the carbs and calories for you.

to everyone else.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #33  
Binge Eater

Hi,all!

I'm a little confused because I'm in the 4th day of induction and yesterday my ketostix was positive but this morning it was negative. What did I do wrong or is this normal. I've been pretty faithful so far the only carbs I allow are 5g a day which I get from my low carb wheat tortilla shell. My jeans fit a lit looser or maybe it's just my imagination! I'm afraid to get on scale just yet.......I plan on waiting until the halfway mark for my mini goal.
jhiraqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #34  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiraqua View Post
I'm in the 4th day of induction I've been pretty faithful so far the only carbs I allow are 5g a day which I get from my low carb wheat tortilla shell.
Hi!

Am I understanding you correctly that you are only eating 5 grams of carbs per day?? Low carb wheat tortilla shell??? I am a little confused...are you doing Atkins Induction?
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #35  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

jhiraqua, Hi! I'm not sure as I'v never tried the strips. but pants fitting looser is a good sign. 5grams is probably too low. Are you not eating any veggies? Have you tried putting all your food into fitday?
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Good News,We're dumping the Microsoft Windows Vista My DH & I had it and we went out this morning to by a Mini Mac.We still can keep the monitor,keyboard & mouse,the only thing changed is a table top computer.No more towers. It arrives on Monday.

The Egg Diet is working I lost 1.5 this morning and its not even weigh-in day. Going to stay on it until Saturday. The only think that I don't like is EGGS EGGS and some more EGGS. But Lily I don't feel hungry at all. So far I only had 1 snack and that was a 9 PM while watching tv. I had a hard boiled egg.

Lily & Brenda- Thanks for the well wishes on the Egg Diet. Now that I know there's a program out there that helps with losing weight,I will keep it in mind down the road when the scale doesn't want to budge.

Lily-Big congrats on your DH & DS having a better and safer job,with all expenses paid ,thats wonderful. My DH is just the opposite hes a saver and doesn't like to spend money uneccersary.He hit the fan this morning when we decided to get rid of this dell vista. Thinking we had to buy the whole nine yards.

Jane-Thank for the advice,but I used fitday several years ago and I don't like it. It takes for ever to write all the information down. I use a lot of recipes and every ingredient must be typed in,DH would kill me if I'm on the computer that long.

jhiraqua-When you're on the Atkins Induction you have 20 carbs to work with for 2 weeks.Once you go out of induction OWL[onward weight loss] thats when you add 5 extra carbs a week, and if you lost you continue to add additional 5 gram carbs, the next week,but if you gained you must go back to 20gr carbs. Does that make sense. Good Luck, with the Atkins diet it does work.

Have a great day,Have to get some work done.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:42 PM   #37  
lilybelle

BB, WTG on the 1.5 lb. loss, I was ecstatic to finally lose another lb. this morning. I'm back to 146 now. Just one lb. over goal after 10 months of maintenance.

BB, I'm very excited over DH and DS's new jobs. I think me and DD will enjoy having the peaceful, quiet week every other week. LOL. I wish my DH was a penny pincher like yours. Mine is horrible with money, I have to keep him on an allowance. He'll buy the most ridiculous , useless crap if he has extra money. I plan to have our bi-level deck totally restored. That will cost us quite a bit, but it needs it and will increase the value of our home. It is huge and has a huge gazebo in the center of it. Totally, awesome and beautiful when it looks like it should.

I am now totally back on track with eating and exercise. It feels great to pick myself back up and get this wt. back down again. Gotta go get dressed, DH and I are going to pick out DD's B-day gifts today. She'll be 15 this Saturday.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #38  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #39  

Good morning all.

Weigh in today was ok....down another pound. Next week it should be more since that will be a full week of low carb meals....well except for the potato salad this sunday!

Decided this heat and my hair are not going to make it! I have to get it cut short again. I have a neice that is a hair stylist and I wasn't going to her....long story.....but started to a while ago. She is young but does a pretty good job and I get my hair cut for nothing...I pay for a color...boy did I pay! She has never cut it really short...wonder if she can do it. I am uncomfortable going to her because I am a freak about my hair. It has to be just right or all is wrong with the world. Maybe if I see her at my brothers this weekend I will ask her what she thinks about a short doo.

Today is my cheat day......yes I have a cheat day. But I only cheat on one meal. A couple of my coworkers and I go to lunch on Friday....I never know where we are going. If I just go with one we both behave....so we shall see!

Have a great day!
Jane
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:15 AM   #40  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another busy day today,separating clothes that I don't wear anymore and the ones that fit me.They washing the summer clothes that were stored in the basement for the winter season.

Don't think I have time to go to the senior singers group today.

W-I today and I lost 2-lbs total for this week changed my ticker.Today will be that last day. Funny about this egg diet,I'm not hungry,waiting for the next meal,its just the opposite. Now that you girls mentioned that you heard about this years ago,I knew it sounded familiar.

Lily-Thanks for the congrats and that same congrats goes out to you. You have a little ways to go,but I have now 18 more to lose and 3 of them is from my Hawaiian cruise.Now that I'm going off the egg diet,I'm going to really watch my carbs as I don't want the 2 lbs gone to reappear on that stupid scale.

Hi Robin-Where are you,don't be a stranger. Thanks for giving me the egg diet to begin with, it really works,going to use it as a backup when i get into that old familar stall.

Jane-Thats great, you're one you way with that 1 lb weight loss. I love short hair is so easy to manage .Have a great cheat day with your co-workers.

Have a great morning,hope I will be able to return today,with the heavy schedule I'm planning to give myself.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:24 AM   #41  
lilybelle

Jane, big congrat's on the l lb. WTG.

BB, good job on that egg diet. I thought it was hard to do, but I did do it twice. I may still resort to it again sometime. Right now with just 1 lb. to lose, I'll stick to my low cal. regime and exercise. I know I'll lose it eventually.

DH and I dined out last night. I stuck totally within my cal. limit. Then we went to the Comedy club. Had a good time.

I'm babysitting my 2 little grandsons' today. So, it will be a busy day. The dad brought them over at 7:30 AM and is supposed to pick them up at 7:30PM tonite. I sure wish there was a way to get the 3 yr. old potty trained. Since I only have him 1 day a week, it seems so hopeless. (since there is no consistency when he goes home). I don't know whether I should keep trying or not? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone-

I missed to much in the last few days to reply to each of you personally. You all seem to be doing great. I am on my last day of thesis work. Tomorrow I present it and defend it and Sunday I am done woohoo. I hope to be around more after that. I went back on atkins induction on Wednesday and am back in ketosis today I cannot wait to see what I lose this cycle of induction.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #43  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

morning all...

Thanks for fixing my messed date! (to whomever fixed it )

Need to get some thoughts out this morning.....
I binged big last nite Im not here to say it was out of my control...i knew exactly what i was doing....sortof....i justified it by saying to myself that i wanted easy food that i didnt have to cook and that i deserved a treat....2 hours later, know what i realized? that for two hours i ate....and was totally zoned out of the real world. i was amazed at this realization. it wasnt about food at all, it was about escape....pure and simple....escape from stress....

it has been a very stressful week, very very stressful. work has been the stressful part. home is fine, me and dh are fine, kids are fine. finacally we are fine. everyone is healthy, well, dh just got diagnosed with diverticulitis, so he is dealing with that, but he went to the doc and got meds so hopefully he will do better soon.

what other ways can i teach myself to "escape" ? i have always used food this way, i just realized this, my whole life..i may need professional help to deal with this...maybe..i dont know...i just so confused and depressed...

sorry to be such a downer guys...Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #44  
Baby Steps

Sorry I've been missing. My arm has been hurting (still I should say) and I finally went to the doctor. I've got a strained tricep muscle. So I'm now on pills to help with that. If I can't work it out on my own then they'll send me to therapy. ARGH! Anyway, all is going ok here. OP and almost drinking all my water. Took the past couple days off from exercise--my muscles felt sore so thought I'd give them a chance to recuperate before starting again. I'll try and get back more regularly next week. Have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #45  
lilybelle

Jae, I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. I also use food for stress sometimes. I had a rather high cal. day yesterday. It was mostly the "i deserve it attitude" after babysitting my 2 grandson's for 13.5 hrs. yesterday. I was wore completely out and made snacky food options that I wouldn't normally eat. (ex. baked cheetos). I skipped my regular exercise because I felt like I'd been on my feet all days (except for the FIVE times when I was on my hands and knees cleaning up spills that they made). I bathed the 11 month old 3 different times and he weighs 25 lbs. Funny thing was I noticed that I don't have any Hips to lug a baby on anymore. LOL.

Brenda, sorry you are having such trouble with your arm. Hope it feels better soon.