Chat Thread 4/30 - 5/5 - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 AM   #16  

Hi all,
I'm getting kind of frustrated after being stalled for almost a week now.

Beach Bum- I like the idea of writing down what we eat, so others can tell us when we're doing something wrong. I think I must be doing something wrong. I'm trying SO hard and resisting SO many temptations. I even started going to the gym! But nothing has been chainging...not my size or my weight. It feels like it's all for nothing! I'm going on a little vacation in about a week and I AT LEAST wanted to fit comfortably into the next pant size! Grrrrr.... Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent!

Hope everyone is doing well this week!

Natalie
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Natalie- Hang in there. Post a menu for a typical day. Maybe we can spot something you don't see.

I had interesting results this week. I only lost 1 lb. However, I can see my body is doing some major reshaping. I was hoping to hit 13 lost this week but I will take the 10 in 3 weeks. Here is hoping I can lose the last 24 in no time.

Nikki

Last edited by Nikki128; 05-02-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 AM   #18  
Baby Steps

Punce: glad you had a good vacation

Getup: Sounds like a nice place to move--somewhere that's inspirational for exercise! Good luck! I've made an exercise thread. I'm hoping that'll keep me honest. Shame me into exercising (as I'm the one that made it. lol).

Pace: Definitely let DH cut the cake! And good luck w/the stress!! You can do it!!

Natalie: 1 week stalls are frustrating---but it's normal. Have you taken your measurements? You could be "scale stalled" but still lose inches. And if you've started exersizing that could be the cause of no weight loss as well. At least for now. Keep up the great work!!

Nikki: WTG on the 1 lb loss AND the shape shifting!! Keep up the awesome work!

Well, today is THE restart day. I pretty much started yesterday, but decided to officially call it today. So no more "this little bite won't hurt" and I WILL be exercising. I've got to get this body moving. I liked it better when I could bend over AND breathe at the same time! So even if it's the 1 mile WATP tape for a few weeks, at least it's moving! And with warmer weather, I'll HAVE to drink more water Planning is easy....executing is the hard part. But off I go
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #19  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. We've been busy here shampooing all our carpet. Just loads of fun. LOL. Darn that is hard work. I have 3 more rooms to do today. My house is shaping up and looking great.

My eating is pretty much OK and I'm sure I'm burning off calories with all this spring cleaning and gardening. I've been packing away winter stuff, so hope the warm weather is here to stay.

Hope everyone has a great day. I gotta go get back to work.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Very cloudy up here,and it looks like its going to rain. I'm afraid there's no walking along the beach or anywhere else today.

Oh Well!!! we have lots on our minds. Have to get some rolls baked to take down with me,and get the clothes packed. Leo taking a sandwich and I'm going to buy a BLT salad for the ferry trip.Its going to take us about 6 1/2 hrs to get to DD's.Leaving a 8 AM and arriving at 2:30 PM

We going to look for a new computer hopefully Dell will give us a refund,as we only had the computer 2 months. Spoke to the techs at Dell and the say we might have a defective computer.Leos is going to call the main office next week.

Getup-You're right POPCORN chicken is not Atkins friendly. I found that out the hard way. I up 1 lb because of that. I have to find another protein that will keep me full during the hard snacking time while watching T.V. Thanks for pointing that out.

Paula-Happy you got out to walk along the beach.Its it beautiful being by the water. Whenever I have a change we my DH & I go down to there.Good luck with your sons birthday,just be careful not to go overboard at the birthday party.

Natlie-I always had a food journal, thats an old Weight Watchers Habit that I required many many years ago. I like people telling me what I did wrong,so I can correct it. maybe when I get back I'll start a thread for the three meals. Sorry that your not showing any progress either on the scale or in your clothes. It will come,some times it take the body time to realize what your doing to it. You're allowed to vent, we all do it here,and we will all try to support you.

Nikki-You're doing fantastically with you weight loss.WTG. I wish I would lose a 1-lb,but having the popcorn chicken this week I don't I will. W-I is tomorrow morning.

Brenda-I like your attitute toward your weight loss program going to follow suit when I get back from my DD next week. I have to get this ticker moving downward,before my next vacation in Aug.

Lily-When you finished want to come over to my house and shampoo my rugs..lol

See you guys next Tuesday.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #21  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, I hope everyone's having a lovely day. I'm a little bummed. its raining here today and cold, and I just don't have the motivation to get on the treadmill. Still not OP today, so starting fresh tomorrow . I'm still at 210.5 so I only gaind 1 lb over the whole month.

BB : Have a great time at you'r DDs! Sorry to hear about your computor, My DH has a friend who worked for Dell, he said 1 in 10 computors sent out are defective.

Hi Natalie, hang in there I stalled out around week 4 for about a week , but eventualy the scale started moving again. Drinking a lot of water helps, The scale doesn't move for me if I don't get all my water in.

Brenda, Good luck with starting over! I'm with you starting tomorrow, I'v been bad this week.

Hi Lilly, Have fun with your shampooing, great exersize I'm sure. lucky for me I have no carpet.

Nikki, It sounds like you are getting some great results! Way to go!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #22  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi everyone

Its been a crazy couple weeks around here. Eating hasnt been op, but today was the first day I got somewhat back ontrack.

We made it official last night.......we signed the papers, and we now have a retail space for our business. Its literally around the corner from our house, just perfect. The owner made us an offer we could not resist....kind of one of those no brainer decisions. So...we have lots to get done to get the place looking decent. Its been empty for yrs, so you can imagine the dirt! Anyway, I dont suspect I'll be here much, but I will try. I need more than ever to get myself back on track........we open the doors june 1st!!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:31 AM   #23  

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I tried drinking more water today. I usually don't make it to 64 oz. I was pretty busy and hardly ate anything today...just beef and a little cheese, and a pork chop. This isn't typical though. I spent an hour at the gym. And STILL no weight loss. I thought for sure I'd see something change. My pants aren't any looser either. I'm really hoping for a change tomorrow! I'm craving anything carby right about now! This is so discouraging! Ahh! But really, all of your words of encouragement and advice are helping SO much!

Thanks again ladies!

Natalie
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:14 AM   #24  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning all

I am also having a difficult time getting back on track...whew! it was hard to admit that.....im eating some sort of off plan food every day....i need to get back to induction, drink my water, and journal my food....just with a few pounds back, my knee is starting to hurt . I had to start taking my water plls again. thats good motivation for me, my body aches and pains

I made ground beef sti fried with cabbage and boy, it was so good. I dont know why i eat off plan junk, the food on low carb is soooo good!!
Ive packed two burgers for lunch and will pick up a veggie at the cafeteria at work....

Everyone have a good day... Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #25  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, we are finished shampooing every carpet in our house. OMG, I have blisters on my hands from that beast of a machine. We usually do the carpets every 2-3 months but this time, I think it had been longer than that. Plus, I'd tromped in lots of dirt from the garden. But, my house looks so great right now.

My sunburn has turned to a tan. Knowing me, I'll probably still peel.

BB, at camp last week, we played canasta. First thing I thought of was you. LOL. It was fun and it came back to me quickly. My team won. Yeah!

WEll, my eating pretty much sucked yesterday. So, I'm back on track today. I didn't gain anything because of how much hard work I've been doing. (guess I used that as my excuse to over-indulge). At least my indulgence was in Real food and not junk food.

I'm happy it's Thursday. Payday, plus going to the Comedy Show tonite. We always have fun with this.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm off to shower and pay bills.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #26  

Robin- Way to go on getting back on track !

Natalie - I bet the water helps alot.

Lilybelle-Sounds like you've been doing alot of work. I'm hoping to get a tan at some point this week.

This week I decided to up my carbs a bit then next cvut back down and get back to ketosis. I am hoping that works.

Nikki
Old 05-04-2007, 05:22 AM   #27  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning all
1 totally on plan day down....i did it, i went thru yesterday without having anything off plan. We are having a pizza party today at lunch to celebrate our good inventory,but i wont be having any, well....maybe the toppings I am taking a salad to go with my "pizza".

lillybelle - congrats on all the exercise, i need to clean my carpets...
Niki - changing food around works for a lot of people, hope you get good results

Have a good day all

Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #28  

Jae- great on your 1 day on plan down. You should be very proud the first few days are always the hardest.

Nikki
Old 05-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #29  
lilybelle

Hi ladies, if anyone gets a chance could you check out my new thread in maintainers titled "jealousy rears it's ugly head" and give me your opinion. I don't want to retype the whole scenario.

Nikki, although I'm tan now, my forehead is peeling. LOL, I knew that would happen.

Jae, WTG on getting on plan. I think I've only had pizza twice in the past 2 yrs. and the first time, I pulled off the topping and threw away the crust. LOL, but it still tasted yummy.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #30  

Wow lily this Robert seems like a real jerk. I have had more attention again since I lost weight. However, my boyfriend doesn't mind because I go home with him. Of course no one ever said anything like that to him. I would just try to ignore it and dress however you are comfortable. Try to reasure your hubby that you did not like the comments either. Whatever you do congrats on looking absolutely amazing

Nikki