Old 04-11-2007, 06:11 AM   #16  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning girlies!
Its always so good to "see" yall.
My grandson is going in for tests this morning. He is having what the doc calls myclonic (sp?) seizures. It goes like this:
I will be holding him and all the sudden his eyes will roll back and his head will fall forward, like a neck spasm or something, i have gotten hit in the nose, cheek and mouth when this happens, so has his mom. I worry that it may slow his development or endanger his safety when he beings to walk...but then again he may grow out of it. He always recovers immediatley, never any loss of consiceness or anything. There may be medecne to help too. We will see what the tests show, and keep a positive outlook.
Sorry that was so long, just worried about it....

ladya- My eye was much better yesterday and more this morning. Good job on the water...

lillybelle - Good job on the exercise! It IS hard to get back on that horse. I cant wait to lose a little weight so i can go back to Curves. I was there for awhile and during the holidays slacked off, then my knee was giving me **** for a couple months so no curves for awhile.

BB - Sorry about your 'puter, thats so annoying! Is there anyhting you can do to counteract the side effects of the Actonel? Hope you get some rest today.

RobinW - Ive done the same thing many times...You are here and fighting, thats what is most important! just dont give up!

Getupandgo - Living here in Ga the pollen is bad every year, but usually it doesnt effect me much. But it is raining now so maybe that will help me get all the way back to normal. WTG on the pound lost, and taking your own food sounds like a good idea.

Everyone have a great day!!!
Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #17  
beachbum

Good Afternoon Ladies

I feel 100% better,now that I had a good night sleep. What a difference since yesterday.

Computeris also a lot better now that we switched off internet explorer to Mozilla-fire fox as our browser.

Robin-Keep your PX especially when you use to for your livelyhood, is better than the Vista,right now.Don't know what the future will bring, it could be great once the bugs are out of them. We downloaded a few patches that didn't help. DH was getting so frustrated that he decided to switch browsers, like I mentioned above & walla we were in.Hope that will help.

Getup--I guess I will have to get used to that medicine. I don't know what we did without the PC's. I told my DH the Computer is my lifeline,and I just have to get to my message boards or I'd die. He just laughed and say I was crazy Big Congrats on your 1 lb loss. Thats what I doing not having the fatty meat anymore.along not having any breads or cold cereal,even if I'm not in Induction I watching the carbs carefully as they make me gain. I make the Revolution Rolls[.7] & the 2 Carb rolls when I want a sandwich.

Jae-The pain is gone I think my body has to get use to the medicine,if I get it back again will definitely call my doctor.Myclonic, Never here of that. Oh my!! your poor Grandson,I will pray for him that theres a cure. By all means.VENT thats what this weight loss board is all about . Members must have a place to VENT. We all do it Here.

Have to get going

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

BB, my computer was down this morning. It kept saying to insert recovery disk. I tried every disk that was lying here and none of it worked. Then when my DD got home, she said "well, Mom, all I did was Turn it on and it worked" KIDS, GRRRRRRRRRR.

I stuck to plan all day til Dinner tonite. Then we ate out and my dinner was totally on plan but shared a dessert with DH. (chocolate cake, he know's I can't refuse that). I came home and did 2.5 miles on the treadmill and 30 min's of floor exercises for legs and AB's. Plus cleaned my kid's bedrooms and did 8 loads of their laundry and put it all away.

Jae, very sorry about your grandson and hope his testing comes out OK.

I am trying to lose 2 lbs. by 4-27 when I have my next Dr. appt. My wt. has stayed so steady for past 9 months that it is almost impossible for me to drop a couple lbs. But, I'm trying. I'm having another liver Ultrasound and hope it is unchanged since previous one. I Hate, Hate , Hate going to my Hepatologist as he Hounds me about my weight. It angers me. Last visit he said that decreasing my prednisone "might help your wt. problem". I wanted to say "WHAT PROBLEM, I've lost over 90 dang lbs. so leave me alone". I always get depressed before each appt. as I think he expects too much of me. I don't think I really need to lose more weight. My BMI is healthy and I'm now in the "normal" range. Sorry for the VENT. I'm just already getting stressed.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 AM   #19  
Still Fighting

Morning ladies!
All i got to say is thank goodness for coffee!

I didnt get much sleep last nite. Think my stressful day caused it, work was soooo crazy!
Tried to relax by fixing myself a nice dinner.Fixed some tequila/lime chicken wings with cole slaw on the side. Those wings were very good and a nice change from hot wings. I found them in the frozen foods section in the groc store, they are tyson's.
Got rain and a few thunderstorms last nite, very foggy this morning...

BB - Glad you and your computer are both feeling better

lillybelle - Some docs make me so mad! Dont let your doc's criticism get to you. You have done a wonderful job and are an inspiration..

Have a good day ladies!
Jae
Old 04-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #20  
lilybelle

Ladies I'm stressed out. I had mentioned that I'm trying to lose 2 lbs. and it just won't come off. Even worse , I'm up 1 lb. this morning. I feel like for the past week that I've eaten barely anything and exercised my butt off. I don't think I can do any more than I'm doing. I am at the point where it seems totally impossible to lose a lb.

I wouldn't be so stressed if it weren't for the fact that my Dr.'s scales always weigh me 4 lbs. higher than mine. (This is late afternoon, having had lunch and all my clothes and shoes on). His stupid scale is in the friggin front lobby , so not possible to undress.

I'm really in a bad way because I'm thinking that A) I should just not eat anything at all or B) I should just eat everything in site and say to He@@ with it.

BTW, my ticker weight isn't correct. I weighed 144 this morning. Which will put me at 148 on Dr. scales. I was 147 on his scale at last appt. I know that he will gripe me out for that 1 lb. difference.

I guess I'll try to give it a shot at drinking tons of water for the next 2 weeks. Last time I did this though ,I gained 2 lbs. Currently my left foot and ankle looks swollen to me.

I'm gonna get outside and plant my marigolds today. Finally a day of sunny weather.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #21  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just wanted to let you know no pain from the side effects last night. My back and hip don't hurt. Surprising as the weather is going to be BAD. Leo wants to get out and home again before the HEAVY RAINS start. I usually have pain the in the two areas when the barometer goes down,and with this storm approaching,no signs of pain so far.

menu
b-2 egg veggie omelet,with 1c soy milk
l-L/C Pizza[recipe] w) salad on the side
d-L/C Pizza chicken[recipe] with 1 c zucchini

Lily-I don't know anything about computers, I going to message boards or my favorites and thats it,my DH take care of all the problems that arrive. My Kids are the computer smartie's in the family. Happy to see you posting again. You'll lose the two pounds by then,I know its easier said than done. Here are some

Jae-Thanks for your kind words,hope the problems were solved on both. They are fixing our supermarket up to date, they have aisles filled with all new products we are even going to have a specials food aisle But guess NO LOW CARB PRODUCTS. We're the forgotten people,on Atkins. or L/C it make me Mad Have to look for thse chicken wings, they sound so yummy.

Have to have lunch

Hugs BB
Old 04-12-2007, 12:12 PM   #22  
lilybelle

BB, my DD is the smartie too on our computer. She designs web pages for her and her friends. Heck, I don't even know how to change my ticker. LOL, she does it for me.

Thanks for the willpower dust. I think I need to put my scale away for the next 2 weeks. Just keep exercising and eating right and forget about it. Stressing myself out certainly doesn't seem to be helping any!

BB, I'm glad to hear that your pain is better and that you are adjusting to your new med.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Oh Lily That dr is taking up way too much space in your head!! ......and he isnt paying rent. So close the door on him, and if he makes a comment about the extra lb, call him on it!!! You have worked long and hard to get where you are, and some numbnuts of dr is going to tear you down over it????? I dont think so!! The man obviously has the bedside manner of a rotten stump! So stop worrying about a couple lbs, just because you are worried about what he is going to say. You know what you have accomplished even if he insists on ignoring it.

You are awesome, beautiful, and so much more healthy than you were 2 yrs ago!! Celebrate this, and shut the door on that rotten stump
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #24  
lilybelle

Robin, thanks so much. That about made me cry. I hate that I get so stressed over my wt. with each and every single Dr. appointment. What makes me even more upset is for him to sit and chastise me with all that I have accomplished while his OWN belly is hanging over the front of his pants. He is definitely not even remotely thin. I go to him because he is who my insurance assigned me to (the closest in distance to us). Not because I choose to. Sometimes I want so badly to tell him to SHUT UP and worry about my LIVER and not about my WEIGHT. That is what he is being paid to focus on, after all he's a hepatologist.

I went outside to plant my marigolds (that are almost dead since I bought them a week ago before the freeze). It is cooler out than I thought. 50's. I sat them in the sunlight and watered them and will wait and try to plant them tomorrow. My tomato plants are completely dead, so will have to replant some. I did see my peas , potatoes and onions are looking good.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #25  

Lily,

I couldn't agree with Robin more. She gives great advice on how to deal with your doctor. Unfortunately, I think some doctors get so focused on one thing that they lose sight that there is a whole person attached to whatever organ they are treating, and many certainly never understand the "whole picture" when it comes to life and what you have accomplished. Your doctor needs to get his head out of the charts and numbers and start looking beyond the moment you are in front of him in his office. Just had to get that out!

Take care,
Julie
LadyJulieAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:26 AM   #26  
lilybelle

Thanks Julie, I have decided to not weigh myself again til after my appt. After this AM , I was depressed and ended up eating more than I should have tonite.

I have my grandkids tonite and am pretty stressed just worrying about their home situation. I do love these kids and want the best for them.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #27  
Still Fighting

TGIF!!!! Morning girlies....

I am soooo ready for the weekend...and monday i have to report for jury selection, an all day affair and we cant even take our cell phones in with us just sit and wait and i never get chosen because my brother is a corrections officer..oh well, the price of a free society... and an extra day off, and no one from work can reach me ha ha!

i hope to take the ride sat and see my DD1, she is getting married in july and just got her dress,i cant wait to see it.
Sunday DD2 will prolly bring my grandson over, it is always great to see his little face. I also have a son in the army, stationed in alaska. he just got back from Iraq in december. he is my baby, only 20, and i really miss him he will be home for his sister's wedding in july, so that will be nice.

lilybelle - ignore that doc! this smilie is for him!
I have to wait awhile longer to replant my garden, its gonna be freezing here next week.

BB- sooo glad the pain is gone. I do like my low carb products, they help me get thru the hard spots, maybe you can find your favorite ones online?

Robin - love what you said to lbelle "That dr is taking up way too much space in your head!! ......and he isnt paying rent" what a great turn of a phrase!..and sooo true

Julie - what you said is sooo true, some docs forget that we are their customer and are deserving of much better treatment than we get a lot of times.

Have a great day everyone!!
Jae
Old 04-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #28  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is out and everything looks bright again.No flooding, I guess the ground isn't frozen enough for that to happen.

I have to go to the Senior Center for our singers rehearsal this afternoon. We only have today and next Friday to bring our program together for our monthly birthday party.

Going on the scale tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it. Somehow they're has to be a snack that doesn't let you gain the next day.I tried Protein Shakes made with Protein Whey[2 net carbs] and soy milk[1 net carb] and still no good results. Afraid of making fruit smoothies,as the sugar in fruit is too high,even natural ones,I can't have it. They say that smoothies & shakes is suppose to keep you full. Not working for me. Does any one have any ideas????

Jae- Oh I hate jury duty. I was called 3 times and they never choice me from the group.I had to sit around all day and they was released.I told my DH thats going to be the way, ordering low carb products on-line. He doesn't like the idea of having to give out my credit card # and hes afraid of hackers.

Have to go, will post later,if I don't have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 04-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #29  
Baby Steps

Sorry I've been MIA. Taking care of oldest DD from her wisdom teeth surgery. I'm doing ok eating wise. Not enough water. I "feel" thinner so I'm happy about that. I'm on the right path anyway!! I'll get to check in more hopefully next week. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:27 AM   #30  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

The sun is out again,but not much longer as we're heading for a storm of storms starting Sundays and into Tues Morning.Gale Force Winds that will hit at 50 MPH & over, along with HEAVY rains. Funny this is supposed to be Spring Not Winter. What going on,is the earth upside down.

Well I did get myself on the scale this morning and I down 1 lbs for April. I didn't have to change my ticker as its Now reading correctly. I just can't get down to the 150's. Its like my body doesn't want to budge,but with a minute i did follow the same suit in March at the Lenten Challenge and I lost the 3 gained pounds,so maybe theres a chance.........

menu

b-l/c Apple Sausage Pancake[recipe]1 c soy milk

l-Rueben sand plate[recipe]& veggie soup

d-Bacon Mushroom Cheese Burger[recipe]

Have to go, get ready for the bad storm

Have to buckle down the hatches.

Hugs BB