Old 02-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #1  
It's up to me this time!

Height: 5'3

Question Sugar free candy?

I'm not sure if this question has been asked here before or not...I looked through alot of the posts and didn't see it...but I apologize if it has.

Are you allowed sugar-free candy on low carb diets? All the cards are sugar alcohol so i'm not sure about it.

Thank you!
Jeanette
jcogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

no, not on induction.

....you can add it in later if you like. But some of us find the sugar alcohols cause a stall. (and other gastrointestinal issues)
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:19 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Jeanette,

Personally, I'd be very careful with sugar free candy. The sugar alcohols are common "stallers" for some people. They can also cause stomach distress.

Sugar free candy is definitely not recommended for Induction. If you are on maintainance, you might want to use your best judgement about including it as part of your low carb plan. If you do, my advice would be to only have it in small amounts & very occasionally.

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Jeanette

What pretty name you have,sound so feminine.Well I have to say I go along with the rest of the ladies you have to watch those sugar alcohols .I use to take all sorts of S/F goodies and my weight started to stall. Be careful if your use them.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote