3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Calorie Counters Keep It Simple - August! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/90545-calorie-counters-keep-simple-august.html)

LynneA 08-07-2006 02:19 PM

I've been in a weight loss plateau for 2 months so I couldn't tell you if spinning has helped or not. You cannot spot target areas, though in my opinion, spinning should help strenghtn your legs, butt and thighs because those are the parts you use whilst spinning. I chose to take spinning as an alternative method in which to get my cardio. I say strengthen rather than tone because when you build muscle you get that toned look as a result.

Ddran I hope that answers your question.

Gabrielbeth, you are doing it right.

If you are exercising every day and having a calorie deficit then you should be losing weight. Calories in vs calories out.

Does that make sense?

If you are questioning how to use fitday I had a post all written out and pasted to notepad, so let me know!

ddran143 08-07-2006 02:43 PM

Thanx Phyllis and Lynn. That answer my question.

gabrielbeth 08-07-2006 03:25 PM

thanks!!!

Stephanie Osborne 08-07-2006 03:45 PM

Hello everyone, no deficit yesterday (boohoo huh) but working on cutting calories today to make up for it. Currently sitting at -743 for the month.

srmb60 08-07-2006 03:56 PM

gabrielbeth? Cut and paste that post but highlight the parts that don't make sense. We'll see if we can clarify them.
But as for being stupid or whatever you said you were ... YOU ARE NOT!!! ... you understood that you would have to get rid of 1400 cals per day ... that is absurd and no you shouldn't even try that. You're much too small to expect to lose 2 lbs a week.

gabrielbeth 08-07-2006 08:16 PM

ok, cut out 700 a day, but how? how do i cut out that much a day? my workout instructor said i could lose 8 pounds in the next 4 weeks, that's burning 1400 cals a day, something i cannot physically do. but to lose 1 lb a week is cutting 700. i don't know how i can cut that much, i am already only eating 1200 a day. any suggestions?
alright - let me see if i have this right. i ate 1208 cals today. i worked out and burned 365 cals. so to get the deficit, i take the cals i ate and subtract the cals i burned. so that gives me 843 cals, is this right? but since i should have burned 700 today, my deficit should be 500 (1200 minus 700). is this right? i am just confusing myself more and more. maybe i should just give up on this whole deficit thing, lol!
gabrielbeth

srmb60 08-07-2006 09:04 PM

oh I see ... you did use some calories just by existing, probably around 1400. So that plus the 365 you burned is your actual usage (or thereabouts). So if you ate 1200 and used 1765 ... you deficit is about 565.

And you are correct. You dont need to know your deficit. Just eat less than you use and be patient. Ooooo that patience thing!!!!

blues4miles 08-07-2006 09:24 PM

Well, interesting/busy weekend for me out of town with the relatives. Not enough sleep and I ate too much. I'm sure this week will be better, counting the weekend as a 0 and moving on!

gabrielbeth 08-07-2006 09:57 PM

alright, now i really have it. susan made the most sense to me. finally! i feel like i had my "oprah lightbulb moment"!!! :P
thanks for being patient with me!!!
gabrielbeth

Philosopher 08-08-2006 04:33 AM

I also didn't have a deficit yesterday, but trying hard to have one for today:o

srmb60 08-08-2006 05:27 AM

I did finally have a deficit yesterday! About 1000 cals!
Sunday was so bad I didn't enter anything into fitday. I think yesterday I was frightened that I was falling off the wagon :) I hardly ever skip fitday even if it's horrid looking.

dgpebbles 08-08-2006 08:07 AM

deficit yesterday was 727..I was so tired after work that I came home and went to bed so no exercise for me..hope to get in some today.

floridarusty 08-08-2006 09:26 AM

Deficit 950.

I am hanging at 189/190 mark. Was 189 again today so I am going to up my walking to see if I can FINALLY stay under the 190's.....I'm getting there.

Good deficits ladies....keep trying.

Phyllis

Stephanie Osborne 08-08-2006 11:56 AM

830 deficit yesterday. Did awesome eating wise and got a workout in as well. And as a mini goal being accomplished I have posted in nutridiary my food eaten ALL month long. Even when it was bad and even when I was out of town. YAY!

susan - You know I have to push myself to log my food each and everytime my eating is bad. Congrats on your deficit yesterday!

Phyllis - Good deficit, you will get there I know it. Good luck with the walking.

ddran143 08-08-2006 12:33 PM

Phyllis - I have been following your success .congrats on getting to 189.
I havent weighed my self yet due to AF.I did spinning yesterday and although my backside is sore because of the seats.Im proud that I completed the whole 60 minute class.(Yeah):p My workout towel was drenched.