Old 02-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up Doing Good so far :)

Hello...

I have started calorie counting on Tuesday and am doing good so far. I am keeping my calories at 1200- 1500 without any snacking between meals..It is working on me!! am taking walks of using my step meter and walking 1 mile to start.

I am a daily weigher, but have decided to weigh in every 2 weeks..to be more of a surprise weigh in for me.. Talk about being patient.. I will weigh in on the 28th..

Tuesday--1723
Wednesday-1073

Good luck everyone..later!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Liliann! Welcome to the wonderful world of calorie counting! Your posts read 'sturdy' like you've made a decision and so be it! I have sooo much faith in calorie counting and the support you'll get here at 3fc ... I look at your picture and I see you melting away before my very eyes.

Yup, I'm a shared happiness junky.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

That's a good idea about weighing only twice a month. I weigh in one a week at the local TOPS meeting. I've found that if I weigh at home, I really get that "scale anxiety" thing going on. Although my mentality right now is that as long as I'm tracking everything I'm eating and staying within my caloric budget of 1860, I'm doing a good job regardless of what the scale tells me.

Sounds like you are doing a great job so far!!

Kimberly

PS. I do need to snack between meals. (Yogurt, fruit, maybe one of those 100-calorie packs.)
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #4  

Hi Liliann - Good luck with your goals. May I reccomend using some of your calories for small in-between meal snacks (especially if you are absolutely starving by the next mean)? I do believe it has been shown that eating small meals throughout the day is very beneficial for weight loss. It helps to stave off the starvation mode of your metabolism. Just my two cents.

Then again, if it's working, keep it up!
AJsMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Whoa! before you have any more thoughts about starvation mode please read this entire thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...tarvation+mode
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #6  

Hi Liliann! Welcome to our corner of the world! I can't tell you how fantastic this calorie counting thing is... I thought my weight was super stuck to me, but slowly I have realized that this is working. I can feel it happening to me, and I can't wait to see it happen to you, too. Good Luck! (not that you need it, this plan is SO simple)
grapecoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:30 PM   #7  
2 forward, 1 back

S/C/G: 146/130/125ish

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Liliann on your wonderful start!
bobbidipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #8  

Hi Liliann! You're doing good, period! This place can really keep you motivated and when I find I'm not that "into it" and wish I could just eat whatever I want, I find that I don't keep that thinking for long because this place is sooooooo inspiring.

Congratulations on doing such a great job!
1dayatatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #9  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lillian! Sounds like you are doing great. I too find I don't have to weigh if I've been faithfully tracking my calories. I use FitDay to track my averages and I know if I have a bad day it will slow me down, or of I've been good for a while that the pounds will come off by themselves. Hope you like the counting and the walking, it feels good to put your life in order I think, and hope to see you around here posting
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote