Scared to weigh in!?!?! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #1  
Movin on down the scale

Question Scared to weigh in!?!?!

Hey there, I started doing Nutrisystem and then decided to be a "calorie counter" instead, but following their basic program, so here I am. Well I have been doing pretty good IMO. And since Aug 1, 2005 I am down 28 pounds!
Well my goal was to loose 30lbs and I am sooo close that I know I wont be dissappointed if I dont make it, but I dont want to weigh in either. I have 2 days before that happens, and I know the last 2 weeks I have REALLY buckled down and havnt cheated/slipped ONE TIME...But I am affraid if I dont make my mini goal (which is my HALF WAY mark) that I will be dissappointed in myself, even though I *think* I can handle the let down. It would be ALL MY fault if I dont make it since I have slipped a lot, but managed to get right back up the next day. But still...to work so hard and then come soooo close to not make it.....what can I do over the next couple days to help me? I drink tons of water each day already and green tea. I stopped drinking pop and coffee long ago to help. I have done so many things. Anyone have any ideas?
GonnaLooseitagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:01 PM   #2  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

Hi,

I don't really have any advice for you on making sure you meet your goal, I just wanna say... whether you make that goal or not you've already succeeded! You've lost 28 lbs, which is amazing. And you may have slipped a few times, but that's only human. What's important is that you kept on going. You should be very proud of yourself! And remember - the scale is only one way to measure - you can get smaller and have that number stay the same. So please don't make it the be all and end all of how you measure your success.

Congratulations on doing so well!

kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You have the rest of your life to maintain your loss - don't get so stuck on 2 pounds. Be proud of what you have accomplished and if you haven't made it to your official mini goal, don't trip! Goals are good - don't beat yourself up.
Before I forget - go weigh yourself so you can stop stressing over it. It sounds like you prolly lost the last two pounds! Congrats either way, you've already won!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #4  
Movin on down the scale

Thanks. I probably did..but I am NOT going to weigh in until Monday morning, since I have a shopping day tomorrow and have to have control over my food BIG TIME for this day. I am pretty sure I will make it, I just dont want to NOT make it and be upset...Right now I am thinking if I do make it GREAT, if I dont, then no big deal..but the reality is I wont know how I will feel until Monday. Thanks for all your encouraging words though....

GINA-looks like your doing SUPER also. Congrats on your accomplishments

Kristin-You are also doing FABULOUS. Thanks for your words...
Old 10-28-2005, 10:35 PM   #5  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

You may want to go easy on salty foods, pickles, etc. as they can make you retain water.

You're a real inspiration! : : : :
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:41 PM   #6  

don't sweat the small stuff it is all good your doing great enjoy it
flipafart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:19 PM   #7  
Movin on down the scale

Thanks FLIP. I had 2 days this weekend where I didnt eat my normal foods (I had to eat away from home) I ate a single slice (nasty BTW) of pizza Saturday while I bowled for 4 hours, and then I ate a grilled chicken sand (well half of it in the evening). Today I had a taco salad for dinner since I was out for a birthday party..I think I did good though, I skipped the pizza and ordered myself a salad. I will weigh in right away in the morning and I will post then....wish me luck!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:42 PM   #8  

Hey I think your doing fabulous! If you don't make your mini goal that's ok because you have 28 other pounds that you are no longer carrying with you.

Good luck tomorrow and I can't wait to read the results.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 AM   #9  
Movin on down the scale

OK well I am within 1/2 a pound, so I am NOT complaining AT ALL!!!! WOOHOO Me....
I FEEL great, since I am sooo close, I guess my main fear was that my goals were tooo high. But Since I am half way there *almost* I will make the next goal a little less pressure. THANKS for all of your support.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:08 AM   #10  

1/2 a pound away! That's great! Hey I think you've done absolutely wonderful so don't feel bad at all! I dropped 6 pounds my first week and I have been stalled ever since so I think your doing just great!
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:11 AM   #11  
Movin on down the scale

Thanks, I feel great!! I want to weigh again in the morning I think I will make it by then...lol
Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM   #12  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Yay!!!!!

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #13  
Movin on down the scale

I MADE IT LAST NIGHT....I Weighed in before I took my bath and I MADE IT!!!! WOOOHOOO
I also made it through Halloween without eating ANY candy!!!!!
Old 11-01-2005, 10:05 AM   #14  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

congratulations! it's a great feeling, isn't it?

kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #15  

Hi all. I am a new girl on the block. I started my diet about a week and a half ago. I am eating 1200 calories a day, a few days it has been less than 1200. I have not weighed myself in months. Even most of my fat clothes are tight, and I just don't think I can face the scale until at least I am comfortably back in those. I am sooooo scared to see those numbers. I am committed to this though, I have had it with feeling lousy about my body. And..I made it through Halloween w/o any candy too! Even with the darn Reeses in my face. Glad I found this forum and reading all of youre stories and seeing you're tickers is certainly inspiring!!! You are my new role models
crstnamre is offline   Reply With Quote