Old 03-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/198/150

Default Just waiting to die...what happened?

I was very heavy most of my life. In 1991, I adopted a child. In 1995, I decided I needed to lose weight...be healthy for him. In 7 months I went from 201 lbs to 125.

Like most everyone I know, after they lose weight, they turn into a different person. I pretty much told my husband I didn't like him anymore. Off I went with this new self.

It's been 20 years since I lost the weight. 15 of those years were great, and I managed to keep every pound off without even thinking about it.

March 2010 came, I don't know what happened. It's like someone had a voodoo doll of me. I was with a man for 10 years. I found out he had been cheating on me for 9 of those years with a girl (who was 20 years younger than him), and she worked for me.

I owned a fast paced food service business. All I did was work 6-7 days a week. I knew my mom's health was failing, so I decided to sell it and move her in with me and take care of her. I found a buyer for my business and without going into HOW, let's just say... I ended up with kidney stones and while I was in the hospital, the buyer stole my business, locked me out, and ripped me off for $125,000. And there was nothing I could do about it. Nothing.

I'm still in 2010 and it's getting worse. Now I am bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider on the leg. This is a new God Awful Experience. I can barely walk. Now the weight gaining curse is beginning.

But wait...there is more. I move my mom in with me. I give her my master bedroom. I make it look just like her little apartment. She is so excited when I show it to her. Mom gets to spend one day in it and I had to take her to the hospital. She never came back to enjoy that room again. She passed away. I am in such shock.

The morning after her funeral, I walk out in my yard to get some air. I went to kick a ball to my dogs. Lost my balance, fell backward down the hill, hyperextended my elbow (bent it backward and snapped it), broke my forearm and wrist.

Now I am sitting in my house Christmas Eve 2010. My mom is dead, my business is gone, my arm is in a cast up to my shoulder, mom's furniture is all around me because I can't deal with her things with one arm, my leg is still a train wreck from the spider bite, I am about to lose my home to foreclosure, I have no food in the house, no Christmas decorations because I sold them all to keep utilities on, and just too much more to list.

This black cloud doesn't stop there. It actually continued full speed ahead till mid-2014. If I could type it all, you would think I was making it up. It is so unbelievable. I guess I was fighting at every corner I turned since 2010, so I didn't have time to think about everything that happened and get depressed. It wasn't until after the dust settled last year, I started thinking about what all... and depression set in.

For the last year, I feel like I am just sitting around waiting to die. I quit fighting the so-called bad luck. I got really tired. I don't even look or act like the old me. Last month I started talking to myself about getting control of my life again. I feel the first step to make me feel better is getting the weight back off. All I do anymore is hide in the house. I don't do anything at all. I am 56 years old and I feel like if I get this weight off now, I will have a chance of having some happy years to enjoy life. I did it once... I'm going to try to do it again.

This is DAY 1
tipster55k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:07 AM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I don't know what to say, but know that I read this and I am so happy that you are on your way to finding happiness again. You deserve ever bit of it.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/185/135

Height: 5'2

I'm so sorry for everything you've gone through. I can't imagine the shock of losing your mother like that.

Is there anyone in your life you can talk to? Or perhaps a therapist? You deserve to be happy with yourself and your life, and maybe talking and possibly medication can help lift that veil. I've been there.

Either way, you can absolutely start living your life again with plenty of time to enjoy it! You're stronger than you know.
LettuceDoThis is offline   Reply With Quote