Old 03-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie here!

Hello, I'm new here and am very excited to take this weight loss journey with you all! I saw the "introduce yourself" sticky, so I figured I would start with that!

Screen Name: Starryblue702

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married for seven years (hubby #2!), mom to four... Reagan 11, Maximus 9, Liberty 5 and Trystan 2!

Hobbies and Interests: singing, watching movies, playing with my babies

Favorite Music: anything except country and metal

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love my treadmill and TRX

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to be a size 10-12, anything smaller than that and I look too thin. My ideal weight is supposed to be 165 lbs, but at my smallest (220lbs, summer of 2010) I was a size 14 and looked great!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've been overweight my entire life, and after losing 80 lbs on the Atkins diet in 2010 I know I can do this again (I gained it all back with a pregnancy and breastfeeding a year after that). I went from a size 24 at 200 lbs to a size 14 at 220 lbs. I ballooned back up to 310 lbs as of January of 2014 and that was it... I've started a change and nothing will hold me back. I'm down 20 lbs in nine weeks and will keep at it until I'm happy and healthy!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I switched from low carb to low calorie within four weeks of starting to lose weight, as I wanted more food choices. I now keep my caloric intake to 1500 per day and add cardio (two miles daily) to that in hopes of a 2-3 lb loss per week). My biggest struggle was doing the low carb, so I now feel much better watching the calories.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Up until last week I wasn't exercising at all, but now I do five days a week of cardio as well as the TRX system for strength training. I don't give myself a cheat day, because it would just remind me too much of what I'm trying to break myself of... bad eating habits and being overweight.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Lol... I just want to look hot in a bathing suit!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I'm going to buy a designer outfit (Louis Vuitton, Gucci, or any of those) just to say I did it and can fit in their amazing and sexy clothes!
starryblue702 is offline   Reply With Quote