Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/140

Height: 1.69m

Default CC the "WW way"

Hello everybody -

I have been doing WW a year ago and was pretty successful, but didnīt feel like paying for it anymore. I also felt that the "free fruit" thing was weird and I wanted to keep track of everything.

I love the 49 weekly points and the activity points.

I am wondering if any of you do the same thing with counting calories? Do you have high and low days? Extra calories you save all week?

I am thinking about eating half the calories burned back and trying to figure out a "weekly calorie allowance" (instead of the 49 points).

Curious how you guys handle your calorie budget. Do you eat the same calories every day, weekly budget, weekly extra calories, eating back calories burned etc?
Andee3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/209/175

Height: 5'8"

I've done something like that before. I'd allow myself 1200 calories or so per day, but if I burned more or ate less I'd "bank" them and eat extra on a Saturday. (Just tallied it up on a sticky note on my desk.) It seems like it should work, but I have a hunch it played a part in my stalled weight loss. (Maybe there were other factors? It's hard to say with plateaus and weight loss!) I should also note, though, that I didn't have much success on WW doing points and banking them for one big splurge day. I think it was just too many calories for me in the end.

Lately, I've started doing lowish carb but still counting calories, and I find it's REALLY easy to eat 1200 calories when I'm only eating 30-70 carbs/day. So I shoot for that and don't eat my exercise calories back unless I'm hungry or just want to eat a little snack at night.

I still have one splurgey meal a week--a few slices of pizza and a cupcake maybe--but I just fit it into my daily calories for the day. If I eat low carb the rest of the day, it's easy to do.

I'm finally consistently losing weight after about four or five months of slow, stalled weight loss, so I like this plan. People may say it's not enough calories, or you HAVE to eat your exercise calories back or whatever, but honestly, this stuff is so complex and individual. Things that worked for me two years ago don't now, and might not tomorrow! But for now, keeping carbs low and shooting for about 1200 calories a day is what's working for me.

Last edited by angelarm; 07-23-2013 at 11:33 AM.
angelarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

-

Last edited by sontaikle; 07-12-2020 at 07:04 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I recently ditched WW and switched to CC- I love it so far!

However, I already had been calorie-counting using MFP app for a long time alongside with WW. At first, it was out of curiosity to avoid plateaus/stalls that so many people were complaining with the Points Plus due to the "free" fruits and veggies.

As time went on, I slowly started to ditch WW and focus on CC'ing. I'm sure it didn't help that I was at the lowest DPA you could get (26) and kept wondering how the heck would I still be able to lose since I'd be eating 26 all the way to 135, you know?

Anyway, tomorrow will be one week of CCing- so far so good!

GL with whatever you decide!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote