Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
My spaghetti squash is in the oven now! My mom and I can't wait to try it

That sucker was hard to cut! We both needed to work together to get it open
Next time I use the microwave...
The microwave is definitely the way to go if you are going to add some sauce and spices afterwards. Its so easy to cut once its cooked.

Just make sure you pierce it with a knife all over, otherwise you might wind up with a very messy microwave if it explodes from the pressure built up during cooking.

I comment you for being able to eat it with nothing on it. I can't eat it without cheese. But I was always that way with pasta. I could eat it without sauce, but I won't even bother if I had no Parmesan cheese. Give me a little cheese, garlic, oil and parsley or basil and I'm good.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #17  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
That sounds really good! I've never tried squash other than butternut, but I think I'll head to the store this weekend and pick this up to try! Thanks for the suggestion. I can always use fewer carbs in my life
I didn't know until recently that not all squash are low carb. Butternut (like most, if not all, winter squash) are not low carb. But the summer squash (like spaghetti squash) are low carb. Hmmm!!!
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote