Old 01-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: tick'

Height: 5'8

Default 2 weeks counting and no progress ?

Granted, I haven't been counting calories or on a healthy lifestyle for very long, about 2 weeks. But I've limited to 1550 cals/day. Saturday I definitely went over, but I accepted that and moved on. I've been exercising at least 3 times a week. I'm not sure whats going on, it's discouraging for sure. But I'm not giving up. I'm going to list what I've had to eat today and if any of you can guide me that would be great.

This is a "typical" day and sometimes I'll mix it up a bit but this is the main idea of what I've been eating. (I do incorporate eggs and chicken, just haven't today).

January 15th:
Breakfast:
1 scoop portein powder
1 cup silk chocolate soymilk
1 whole wheat english muffin
2 tbsp triple fruit strawberry jam

Lunch: (salad)
1/2 C. strawberries
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1/8 C. low fat feta cheese
5 whole almonds (crushed in a ziploc)
2 tbsp Kraft LIGHT raspberry vinagrette

Dinner:
2 slices Dempsters whole wheat bread
2 tbsps low fat whipped dressing (like miracle whip, store brand)
1 tbsp Basil spice
1/2 C celery
1/5 C onions
1 can chunk light tuna in water

Snack:
1 square of a chocolate bar (69 cals)

Total today : 1,123 calories, 144 carbs, 25 fat and 67 protein.

On top of this I've had about 8 8 oz glasses of water. Didn't exercise today as my day was a bit hectic. I'm going to fill the remining calories in probably about 30 minutes, with something healthy although I haven't figured out what yet. And I'm not starving either. I just don't get it.

I'm a massage therapist so my job is physically demanding to an extent-- at least i burn a 'few' calories at this.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've had ONE DAY that was crappy. Just one, and realistically it probably wasn't as bad as I'm making it seem.

I know results won't show at the snack of my fingers, but you'd think the scale would show ANYTHING after this.

thoughts ? Need some motivation and support.
Thanks so much for reading.

Last edited by Remington90; 01-15-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Remington90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, one thing it could be is where you are in your menstrual cycle. I tend to not lose an ounce for more than half my menstrual cycle and will even gain just to follow it with 10 days of big whooshes - usually most of the whoosh in one week - like up to 7 pounds in that week - depending on how good I was for the whole month.

Women hold water for so many reasons - ovulation, or the body preparing for ovulation... or preparing for the period are some of the things that can throw it off.

Once I gained a pound a day for the entire time I was on an antibiotic - it made me hold water - and so on.

Just keep very careful track and it should fall soon.

If not, then maybe there's more too it - carb sensitivities? PCOS? So many possibilities.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, one thing it could be is where you are in your menstrual cycle. I tend to not lose an ounce for more than half my menstrual cycle and will even gain just to follow it with 10 days of big whooshes - usually most of the whoosh in one week - like up to 7 pounds in that week - depending on how good I was for the whole month.

Women hold water for so many reasons - ovulation, or the body preparing for ovulation... or preparing for the period are some of the things that can throw it off.

Once I gained a pound a day for the entire time I was on an antibiotic - it made me hold water - and so on.

Just keep very careful track and it should fall soon.

If not, then maybe there's more too it - carb sensitivities? PCOS? So many possibilities.
Thanks for responding!

To be honest I'm not entirely sure where I am in my cycle. It changes all the time but I'm about 35 day cycle, without birth control or anything and finished about a week ago, maybe a little more.

I just feel like I'm for the first time in my life puting in a huge effort and it's not working. I'm not opposed to going harder at it, but I'm trying to ease myself (as far as exercise goes) into it. Maybe I'm just not exercising enough.

My diet and calorie intake previous to this was probabaly upwards of 2500, maybe even 3000 a day. I've made a substantial change. Ahhhhh, stressful.

EDIT: not sure if this would have any hinder on answers and it might be too much information, but I've noticed I have't increased with bowel movements at all. Just figured with healthier foods, would promote more frequent bathroom visits. Maybe I was wrong about that.

Last edited by Remington90; 01-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post

I know results won't show at the snack of my fingers, but you'd think the scale would show ANYTHING after this.
I'm sorry I don't have advice on how to help you but this was the cutest typo I saw all day. I think about snacks so much I'm surprised I haven't done it yet.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I'm sorry I don't have advice on how to help you but this was the cutest typo I saw all day. I think about snacks so much I'm surprised I haven't done it yet.
Bahaha. Clearly it's on the mind. I won't even change it. Too funny.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Remi, you will probably lose a good amount when it drops......since no change for two weeks. I was losing 1#a day for 4days then, nothing. Keep on going, it will drop off.
Lacyt74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington90 View Post
I've noticed I have't increased with bowel movements at all. Just figured with healthier foods, would promote more frequent bathroom visits. Maybe I was wrong about that.
In general: The less you eat, the less you go to the bathroom, though eating a lot of fibre can counteract this phenomenon to some degree. On average, I have one bowel movement per day when I eat at maintenance levels, two per day when I overeat, and one every two days when I'm in weight loss mode.

Freelance
blog: www.englishgrammargripe.com
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #8  

I guess I'm being impatient. I have motivation, just seeing it on the scale or feeling it in my clothes would boost me up so much. What tips so aid in this journey ?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #9  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
In general: The less you eat, the less you go to the bathroom, though eating a lot of fibre can counteract this phenomenon to some degree. On average, I have one bowel movement per day when I eat at maintenance levels, two per day when I overeat, and one every two days when I'm in weight loss mode.

Freelance
blog: www.englishgrammargripe.com
Yep, me too.

This is something that is so individual. I feel like I'm the poop police, but people think they are constipated if they don't poo every day. Well, that's hogwash. It's all about if you have to strain or not.

Like Freelance - if I'm overeating, it's at least once a day. Maintenance is every day or every other day. In weight loss mode it's like every 3-4 days. And no... when I 'go' I don't strain. That's just how my body works. And I eat a high fiber diet.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/188.2/140

Height: 5'4"

Remi...did you take your measurements when you started? If you are increasing your exercise it's possible you are losing inches as opposed to pounds. Do your clothes feel any looser?
PotScrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Taking measurements will help. Assuming you're healthy, the quality of your weight - fat v muscle - may be shifting. Give yourself those non-scale victories.

Also, I wonder if you raised your calories a bit if your body would respond better? Part of calorie counting is finding a comfortable range where your body loses and you're comfortable with the volume.

You can calculate your BMR here: bmi-calculator "dot" net/bmr-calculator/
Make sure you use the Harris Benedict modifier! Especially since you have an active job.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote