Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Swinegeart... Actually I lost 100, and I did it within a year from calorie counting/ WW.... But 2 FT jobs and life got to me and I gained 40ish back.... I wanted a quick fix this time--- but to be honest if it comes off quick it comes on w interest.....

The good thing tho is there are many, many, many women here who have lost and kept it off.... Some who have gained some back (me), and some starting all over... But all have a good bit of info for free!!!! Just lurk, find what works... Tweak what doesn't and GO FOR IT!!!! Now that I have given you what I know.. You may have to remind me later... Lol.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Calorie counting is how I lost 185 in just under 2 years. Not calorie counting is how I gained 31 back in the following year.

I scanned over what everyone said here and it looks like all the advice I would have given based on my personal experience is about the same. I also want to reiterate that 1200 is probably not high enough and that little of a food allowance may be more of a de-motivator to keep going. If you have 150 to lose, I would GUESS that you could drop your calories down to 1600 and still lose up to 2 lbs a week. I think I started at 1600-1800 and lost really quickly for the first 6 months if memory serves. With ZERO exercise I might add.

One thing that really helps me is that I don't eat any sugar or much in the way of simple carbs. They are really high in calories for a relatively small amount of food to fill your belly and your mind.

The other big one is don't kid yourself. Just because you are snacking on carrots, doesn't mean those calories don't count. Every time you eat anything, whether or not it is on your plan for the day, you need to write it down. It is really easy for my brain to trick itself into forgetting things, or making the portion be smaller than it really was if I am not careful. Weigh everything! Using measuring cups is better than nothing, but not accurate. And eyeballing just doesn't work.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Start high and work down to a lower number as the months go by and your body keeps adjusting to less calories. And always be aware of what you need and how you feel especially if you're exercising. I am not a big fan of eat whatever you want all the time as long as its under the calories, I know its so important to get the nutrients in and the best thing for me has been the fact that after a couple of weeks my palette changes and things like broccoli and pesto is to die for ;D

I am starting at 1600-1800 when weight loss slows down go down to 1400-1600 and 1200-1400 on the days when I'm not doing any exercise. I'm cycling for one hour aprox 5 days a week and hope to fit in gym time to do weights and classes.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote