Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Smile Keurig Coffee: Craving & Appetite Suppressant?

I never used to be a coffee person, and I never thought I would be. Not until a family member gifted me a Keurig brewer. Since receiving said gift, I've started drinking coffee or tea a few times a week and really begun to enjoy it. And I've noticed something kind of awesome in the process... caffeine seems to suppress my appetite! I didn't really notice or think anything of it at first, but the more cups I've had the more I began to realize that drinking caffeine helps me curb cravings and suppress my appetite. If I have a cup of coffee with breakfast, or some tea late in the evening, it really helps me get through those trouble-time-zone's when I would normally snack unnecessarily! What's even better is, most K-Cups are only 4 calories or less for coffee, and as low as 0 calories for the teas!! That's fantastic news if you prefer your coffee as I do, with no sugar or cream. It really seems a little too fantastic to be true. What do you all think; could caffeine be a good addition to your diet, healthy even?
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #2  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

Good question... I am anxious to see the replys. I think coffee does help my appetite. I know it mentally helps me get thru a craving for something sweet in the afternoon. But I do use artificial sweetener and cream. But I find if I will drink coffee in the afternoon instead of that sugary snack, the craving subsides. Thanks for the post. I will be following.
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #3  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

caffeine - notably coffee, black tea, and other caffeinated teas (green) contain appetite suppressants and diuretics. - they make you pee out water weight.

i am personally an avid coffee drinker- as in don't talk to me until i've had a tleast 24 oz of coffee in the morning.

coffee provides a boost of energy, power to do things, and a general wake-er-upper.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Umm yea.. I can skip a couple meals and munchies if i drink coffee.. not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing....
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Caffiene is a natural appetite suppresant .. and it's not harmful at all in "normal" dosages.

Just remember for each cup of coffee/tea - you will need to add 8 oz of water to your daily intake to balance out the diuretic effect.

So if you haven't tried this yet .... it's awesome!

Keurig Chai Tea
approx 3 tbls vanilla protein drink (to your taste)
heavy sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

Stir well and enjoy!

This gets me through the afternoon without snacking and with energy
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Protein mix and Chai Tea? I will be trying that this weekend! I stuggle with protein and the mix by its self is not very tasty imo
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Caffiene is a natural appetite suppresant .. and it's not harmful at all in "normal" dosages.

Just remember for each cup of coffee/tea - you will need to add 8 oz of water to your daily intake to balance out the diuretic effect.

So if you haven't tried this yet .... it's awesome!

Keurig Chai Tea
approx 3 tbls vanilla protein drink (to your taste)
heavy sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

Stir well and enjoy!

This gets me through the afternoon without snacking and with energy
Thanks for the information. That drink sounds delicious!! I'll have to give it a go.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #8  

Thank you everyone for your responses!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I find it works really well for me. I normally have a cup between breakfast and lunch to stop morning hunger. Unfortunately if I have too much it makes me really anxious and jumpy, so I have to limit it to one to two cups a day. Also, if I have it after lunch I have trouble going to sleep. I would be drinking way more otherwise.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #10  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I was never a coffee drinker till last year but I find that coffee helps suppress my appetite as well. It definitely helps with that mid-afternoon munchiness and also with preventing late night snacking. Somehow, it doesn't really keep me up. It's certainly better calorie-wise and in terms of the filling feeling than most other options I'd choose so for me, I'd say it's a good addition to my plan.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #11  

I say, go for it! Yay coffee and tea!
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
If this were true I would be dead by now, because ALL I drink is coffee and tea, plus 1 cup sparkling water/juice during exercise (4 days per week). While I agree that coffee and tea have a diuretic effect, it's not so pronounced as to require that level of compensation -- or any compensation, IMO. I probably have about 10 cups of coffee & tea per day and my pee is very light, meaning I'm not dehydrated at all.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Yep, coffee always has helped me with my appetite! It makes me feel satisfied.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #14  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
If this were true I would be dead by now, because ALL I drink is coffee and tea, plus 1 cup sparkling water/juice during exercise (4 days per week). While I agree that coffee and tea have a diuretic effect, it's not so pronounced as to require that level of compensation -- or any compensation, IMO. I probably have about 10 cups of coffee & tea per day and my pee is very light, meaning I'm not dehydrated at all.

F.
I had never thought that you required that much compensation before either but this was according to my coach, especially during weight loss phase.

Maybe it's just an IP thing, don't know.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
this was according to my coach, especially during weight loss phase.
It seems to be a common myth on the fitness coach circuit, but it simply isn't true. As I said, all I drink is tea and coffee and my hydration is fine. Same thing when I was in weight loss mode.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 11-06-2012 at 11:23 AM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote