Old 07-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default enhanced bowel movements TMI sorry

Did anyone notice in increase in there bowel movements? Like diarrhea? Could it be because I'm eating much healthier foods???? Sorry for the gross question I just wana know if its normal.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Are you eating foods with artificial sweeteners ? Malitol, sorbitol. xylitol for instance, if I eat anything with any of these I do not dare leave the house. Clue, sorbitol is used a lot in sugar free chewing gum and breath mints. I have discovered Xylitol in Jello puddings.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I usually go the other way. Maybe your body is no reacting well to something new/recently increased in your diet? Eg artificial sweeteners or food allergy?
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

I found that I had diarrhea for the first few days of eating healthy unprocessed whole foods, but after that everything was great (and I eat absolutely no artificial sweeteners).
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Are you eating a lot of veggies, and weren't before?
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The water, fiber, and fruit sugars in vegetables and fruits can definitely cause loose stool and/or diarrhea.

You can either back off and add these foods gradually, or you can try to "wait-it-out," as your body adjusts to it.

I was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), but I've found that my symptoms aren't as severe on a low-grain diet. That being said, I still had to gradually increase veggie and fruit intake, and if I want to increase it more, I have to do it gradually.

My one exception is "Ranier cherry season." I adore yellow Ranier and/or Queen Anne cherries. The season is very short (about three weeks of good cherries the early and late ones aren't usually very good), and they're best as an fresh eating cherry (so I don't freeze them or try to can them or make them into jam). So, I binge on these cherries every year (calling it the all-cherry diet. I don't really eat only cherries, but I do eat more that my exchange plan normally would allow). I usually do lose a little weight, but that's not the main purpose. The main purpose is to enjoy as many of the lovely yummies as I can before the season is over.

And the cost is having to stay home and near to a restroom on cherry-eating days.

Yeah TMI I know..... but what you're experiencing is normal, but if you have severe diarrhea for more than a day or two, you should call your doctor, because dehydration becomes an issue.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Thx guys. Im gonna wait it out. Yes im eating a lotttt of veggies. So its prob that. I dont eat a lot if sweetners
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/128/125

Height: 5'4"

Whenever I up my fiber by a lot that happens to me for a day or two and then my body gets used to it. The artificial sweetener in sugar free candy does the same thing.
TzuMom is offline   Reply With Quote