Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #1  
Amber

S/C/G: 225/159/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Goal: down 75 by Septmeber.. possible?

Hey all! Calorie counter here.. i especially love the tracker app I have on my iphone.. but anyways I have done all types of different calculator things online and for my height 5'4" and current weight (225) supposedly if I stick to my 1500 calorie or less plan I should be able to reach my 75 lb goal by September.. which happens to be my daughters b-day month and my anniversary month.. I have signed up for an hour long exercise class that goes on 2x a week and also am either going to do the elliptical and walk another time during the week so I will exercise atleast 3x weekly... is it possible to lose 75 lbs by September or am I wishful thinking??
Bellasmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #2  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellasmommy924 View Post
Hey all! Calorie counter here.. i especially love the tracker app I have on my iphone.. but anyways I have done all types of different calculator things online and for my height 5'4" and current weight (225) supposedly if I stick to my 1500 calorie or less plan I should be able to reach my 75 lb goal by September.. which happens to be my daughters b-day month and my anniversary month.. I have signed up for an hour long exercise class that goes on 2x a week and also am either going to do the elliptical and walk another time during the week so I will exercise atleast 3x weekly... is it possible to lose 75 lbs by September or am I wishful thinking??
I think it may be possible as long as you're 100% all the time
omgzitsmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

ITs possible, but what happens ifnyou fall behind? Or realize you aren't going to make it? Does that derail you? Does that make you quit?

While having a goal is useful, it can also be detrimental, so keep an open mind about it. It is much better to have lost 10 pounds and gotten more fit and developed better eating than it is to stay wherer you are now. Evere workout counts. Every pound counts. You aren't a failure ifnyou don't reach a set numbers on the scale.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #4  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

It's certainly possible but I think you'd do best to not give yourself a deadline.

This is your life, not a research paper no need to ante up the pressure by giving yourself a due date. The best thing to do is stay on plan as much as possible and lose weight at a healthy pace. If you happen to lose 75lbs by September then great! If you don't then you're not going to suddenly gain it all back.

Last edited by sontaikle; 01-09-2012 at 11:58 AM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 225/159/130

Height: 5'5"

I agree.. a deadline's not really the best idea... but I do want something to shoot for.. if i get behind i wont lose faith, i hope.... this is the 1st time i have ever set such a large goal and the 1st time that I really feel like it can happen..
Bellasmommy924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM   #6  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Bellas, I will do it with you, I am the same height and weigh the same, and also would like to lose by at least Oct. 1st. I am going to count calories and stay with in 1460 a day which myfitnesspal states.
I am 57 years young, better start now before I get any older.
Lets do this journey together.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #7  

Yep, I agree with everyone here, its a goal to shoot for..make it fun, a positive challenge but not a do or die!
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

You both can absolutely do it! Last year I lost 75 lbs between February and October! It's completely possible if you stay on track! I would recommend a slightly lower calorie level during the week (like 1150) then do the higher (1450) on weekends so you don't burn out.

It's much easier when you have such a long duration to go lower by 200/calories a day for the length than to go really low at the end trying to fit in the loss if you get a bit behind.

Good luck! You can do it!!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote