Old 12-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default holiday baking = trouble!

I knew it would happen. My sister is on full scale baking mode...fudge, cookies, bars, dipped pretzels. You name it, she is making it. She gives them away as gifts, but it's still in the house! I am staying with her right now so it's not like I can escape it. I would never do it because those are my major trigger foods.

Any ideas to survive the next couple weeks? I am drinking tea and eating sugar-free mints to keep my mouth busy. Ugh!
Kristi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #2  
Reformed Chef

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/?

Height: 5'6"

Get out of the house as much as possible.

Take up a new hobby.

Keep your hands and mind occupied!

That is such a tough one. Much luck to you in this!
AmandaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #3  

Gosh, I'm trying! I just ate a big handful of carrots and I have a big bottle of water. My daughter is enjoying the baking with my sister and niece. I feel kinda bad for not joining in and helping, but it's just too darn tempting...
Old 12-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

I like your mint idea. This Thursday I'll be spending a whole day baking 7 dozen cookies, 2 pans of brownies and 4 dozen cupcakes and making a batch of candy for my kids' classes/teachers's gifts this year (it sounds like a lot, but there are 7 teacher/aides in my daughter's class alone). They have to stay in the house overnight, so I'm just hoping my will power stays strong! Although it's usually the baking (who doesn't love a fresh from the oven chocolate chip cookie hmmm?) that gets me, I don't think them just being in the house will bother me. Guess I better load up on mints and gum!
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #5  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

You poor kid! Your doing so good with your will power though. I have always had a problem with sweets. I'm like you...if I eat it- it triggers a binge. So I have to advoid it at all cost!
Do you like grape juice? Welch's now makes a light grape juice- 8 ounces has only 50 calories. I fix me a glass of that and sit and sip and take my time with it. It makes me feel as if I have had something sweet. And it hydrates me and just makes me feel better to wave off those sweet cravings- and it holds me until my next meal.
The mints and gum are a great idea. I use those too. Maybe trying to find other ways to take your mind off of the chocolate fest going on there may help. Going to your room, listening to music, styling your hair, trying on different outfits, etc.
I would talk with your daughter and neice about why you are not involved with the baking right now. Explain to them that you are taking control of your life and working on making yourself more healthy to make a better life for you and them.
Happy New Year! Your doing a great job!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #6  

Well...I did end up having a few tastes BUT I did not overindulge. I figured that obsessing over the matter might be worst than just breaking down and having a couple pieces. Yesterday I refrained from anything sweet to keep myself in check.