Old 11-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #1  
Just Keep Swimming!

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Still the fat twin even in my 40's

I have a fraternal twin who has always been slimmer than me. We are best friends and we are very supportive of each other. I just for once want see life from her 'normal' weight view. I've been up and down, up and down with weight since I was old enought to join weight watchers. She was dating and hanging with the 'cool' kids. I was the tag along sister. I guess it still kind of bothers me that I was always looked at differently. Now married with kids, those stupid high school years still seem to haunt me. Like everyone posting I've lost and gained and gained and lost. What clicked for you calorie counters? It fits me to calorie count except I never stick with the program. I can't flick that mental switch that says stop eating or believe in myself. I am 5'8", 41 female , 212 lbs.
disneynerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

I'm HOPING to have that click soon - but for now i'm just going through the motions. Hoping to do it enough to where it's second nature again.

Join in on the 40-somethings thread, if you'd like! Good luck!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

For me it was the doctor showing me test results that showed I was on the edge of becoming diabetic. After years of perfect blood work my weight was catching up with me and I got scared. I decided that it was time to make a change if I wanted to have a good quality of life.

So far I've been going strong for about 5 weeks and plan to continue on.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #4  
Reformed Chef

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/?

Height: 5'6"

I really don't view calorie counting as a diet or program. Just a way to live. Not to disrespect others who do different diets but I don't get the whole stages of the south beach and atkins just seems too restrictive. Calorie counting just seems like a healthy lifestyle where I can incorporate normal foods and just live my life.

Ive been obese since I was a kid and never a healthy weight as a adult. I've not yo yoed either. So I have no clue of a goal but I'm just so sick of living like this. There has got to be a better life out there than tired all the time and hurting feet and knees and back. And the night before I started this journey i cried my eyes out feeling selfish that I was killing myself with fast food while I have a wonderful husband and a toddler to raise. And I feel sad that it has taken me this long, that ive wasted so much time and so much life. But I'm here now and I'm doing it.

Edited to add: disneynerd: one if the things that helps me stay motivated is our first trip to disneyworld planned for next year. I want to enjoy it and not be tired and miserable!

Last edited by AmandaMamma; 11-19-2010 at 08:33 AM.
AmandaMamma is offline   Reply With Quote